What are the chances the WAllies accept Nazi hegemony if the USSR falls?

What are the chances the WAllies accept Nazi hegemony if the USSR falls?

• 20%

Votes: 63 27.8%
  • 40%

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • 75%

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • 100%

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • 0%

Votes: 89 39.2%

• Total voters
One thing to note is that the "full might" of the German Army wouldn't really be "full" as it needs to use a huge amount of troops and resources to garrison the newly acquired lands, carry out the slave labor programs, genocide and deal with guerrilla warfare.
It already took 150'000 to garrison half of France (before to the atlantic wall) and 200'000 for Norway, what would be the number in territories much more larger?

One thing to note is that the "full might" of the German Army wouldn't really be "full" as it needs to use a huge amount of troops and resources to garrison the newly acquired lands, carry out the slave labor programs, genocide and deal with guerrilla warfare.
It already took 150'000 to garrison half of France (before to the atlantic wall) and 200'000 for Norway, what would be the number in territories much more larger?
Also the 1941 and 1942 campaigns resulted in huge losses of manpower. Even in a Victory TL most of the professional pre war army will be dead or wounded along with the 39-42 conscript classes. Germany will come out of the war with alot of inexperienced troops who will probably be mostly trying to hold down Russia.

After all alot of Soviet troops (likely already aware of Germany's actions behind the lines) will refuse to throw down their arms and instead go partisan. Its also not hard to make 7.62 ammo which the allies will gleefully airdrop or smuggle in to keep the resistance going and as with the Spanish Guerilla and Napoleon tie the Heer in knots on the cheap.

Hm, does Iran still get invaded here? If so, bombers launched from northern Iran ought to be able to bomb the Caucasian oil-fields, making them expensive to hold.

No need? The unsinkable aircraft carrier is already parked close by and can by 43 operate many 1000s of 4 engine bombers

Not to mention the warm beer
I think that the Allies would have come to terms with Nazi Germany. My study has left me with serious questions about air power winning the war. The idea of breaking civilian morale didn't happen. Whether the Blitz of 1940, the 1943-45 bombing of German cities, the B-29 raids on Japan or teh V1 and V2 offensive against Britain the home front remained loyal. This was particularly true in Germany where the Nazi police state was busy hunting down traitors. With out the demands of the Eastern Front I think Germany would have moved production from tanks and infantry weapons to airpower and missiles. They did a pretty good job of building underground facilities. SO there would be more defensive weapons available and fewer targets. Now by 1945 and 1946 there would have been a couple of A bombs available every month.. The first two at Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not opposed by any antiaircraft or fighters. Once it was known what was coming there would have been furious attempts to intercept and destroy the atomic bomb carrying plane. Would this have been effective? I would think partially. I also think that that Germany would have responded with gas attacks. Remember Hitler didn't care about his own people.

I also think that that Germany would have responded with gas attacks. Remember Hitler didn't care about his own people.
Hitler refused to use chemical weapons even in the final months of the war IOTL partially due to his own experience being gassed in WW1.

However I can easily imagine him ordering gas attacks on Britain if the WAllies use nuclear weapons on German targets for the same reason he ordered bombings and missile attacks on cities IOTL as reprisal.

Hitler could be very bloodthirsty even against “Aryans.” If you were in his shoes and the enemy started deploying WMDs you’d be tempted to respond in kind as well under total war conditions.

I think Hitler did declare war on the USA out of his own psychology as a fascist Leader, indeed a hyper-fanatical racist who believed himself anointed and destined to literally rule the world. He could ignore the USA as long as no one was fighting the USA, but when the main independent rival to the claim of being the supreme fascist power took on the Yankee sleeping giant, if Germany did not jump into line ahead of Japan, Hitler's claim to supreme and ultimate leadership would be in doubt.
One big reason he DOW'ed the USA was that Karl Dönitz told him the U-boats should be unleashed on the USA before they could move to protect their shipping and enforce coastal blackouts. And indeed, there was a huge payoff at the start, with the USA suffering substantial losses.

One big reason he DOW'ed the USA was that Karl Dönitz told him the U-boats should be unleashed on the USA before they could move to protect their shipping and enforce coastal blackouts. And indeed, there was a huge payoff at the start, with the USA suffering substantial losses.
The second happy time, otherwise known as the UK screaming at the US "Will you please wise up yesterday!?!" Luckily for the rest of the world Donitz got his sums wrong and while the U Boats antics made a huge mess the Allies got it in gear fast enough to avoid any real risk of losing the second Battle of the Atlantic.

If Germany doesn't declare war then they don't even do that level of damage, and if the do DOW but beat the USSR in '43 they will have already lost the Battle by that point.

Even an extended war won't change anything there as Allied ASW was good enough to mostly deal with the new types. In any case unless the Axis wises up about Enigma they can track and avoid even stealthy subs (or kill them but that's harder to pass off as German bad luck and might lead to a code change).

I think that the Allies would have come to terms with Nazi Germany. 1) My study has left me with serious questions about air power winning the war. The idea of breaking civilian morale didn't happen. Whether the Blitz of 1940, the 1943-45 bombing of German cities, the B-29 raids on Japan or teh V1 and V2 offensive against Britain the home front remained loyal. This was particularly true in Germany where the Nazi police state was busy hunting down traitors. 2) With out the demands of the Eastern Front I think Germany would have moved production from tanks and infantry weapons to airpower and missiles. They did a pretty good job of building underground facilities. SO there would be more defensive weapons available and fewer targets. Now by 1945 and 1946 there would have been a couple of A bombs available every month.. The first two at Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not opposed by any antiaircraft or fighters. 3) Once it was known what was coming there would have been furious attempts to intercept and destroy the atomic bomb carrying plane. Would this have been effective? I would think partially. I also think that that Germany would have responded with gas attacks. Remember Hitler didn't care about his own people.
IMO you're mistaken in your argument for two to three reasons;

1) Breaking civilian morale is one desirable outcome of strategic bombing and the one often trotted out, but it's arguably the least important of the two, with the other one being destruction of vital economic engines of production (factories, marshalling yards, oil refineries, communications nodes, and other industrial facilities). That is something nuclear weapons, especially against a target the size and target density of Germany, delivers in spades even at a pre-thermonuclear level. Germany didn't do maskirovka, and their OTL strategic counter-intel efforts were so laughable that I don't see them mounting a successful target disinformation campaign. And the Volk may not break (under pain of Gestapo attention if nothing else), but it wouldn't matter once every city is either reduced to radioactive ash or starved of food and fuel due to that condition elsewhere. Civilian casualties would be ghastly of course, but this is total war against a blatantly proven irreconcilable foe, sometimes life sucks (besides, the Allies back then weren't as casualty adverse even if not utterly bloodthirsty, when a viable alternative is lacking). Of course, this is contingent on delivering bombs in coordinated mass strikes, not foolish onesy-twosy tit-for-tat raids and then waiting for a surrender that won't come. Two,

2) You say 'without the demands on the Eastern Front"... except the Eastern Front was never going to end in my estimation. This could boil down to differences in assessment, I grant you, but I'm of the "Russians won't ever stop" camp in terms of non-stop fighting along the Urals should Barbarossa be successful. That's going to tie down troops and resources, and that's assuming the Allies don't keep the convoys running (which the Germans historically could only intercept to a degree in the Arctic and Pacific) to arm the Rump USSR, which once pushed east of the Urals has a lot less far to go from Vladivostok to get guns and ammo to the front. It may not exactly be on the scale of US-UK convoys, but something to keep the Germans bleeding is better than nothing. Lastly,

3) The bomber will get through. It's as true now with suicide bombers as it is with aircraft, and while I've no doubt that the Germans will make serious efforts to shoot down atomic bombers once that cat's out of the bag, A) it won't be easy since air defense suppression is a thing that the US/UK would develop and perfect (they both did in short order in OTL), especially in the context of point 2 meaning Germany won't have All The Missiles for long, and B) it won't matter since the US is in an unassailable position to continue building more and better bombers and nukes that Germany can't directly stifle, or even match in production terms vis-a-vis interceptors/missiles against bombers. And if the Germans do gas Britain...well, like you said, that sort of thing tends not to work in cowing civilian populations, but rather bolster/harden their resolve.

The "win the war through air power" can work, technically, but it requires a level of willingness and ability to visit indiscriminate destruction against the opponent until there's no credible resistance left to offer. We don't see that (thank God) in OTL, but it's possible once you decide to cross that line. And against Nazi Germany, I can't picture a more justifiable target of that abuse. The question I have is would the Allies reach that point and decide to pull the trigger; I have my doubts, but I think it's at least plausible depending on how surrounding events unfold. The issue is that Nazism is not a good stand-in as an ideological backbone (compared to Communism) for a stable Cold War to unfold against the West, so some form of conflict is likely without a radical (IMO 'Notsi' level) shift in the Reich's foreign affairs policies.

EDIT: For the sake of clarity, I'm operating under the assumption of a AANW-esque scenario, only I don't believe the Soviets would've surrendered or sought terms under any circumstances, hence my stance of a conflict that waxes and wanes, but never actually stops on either front.

Last edited:
Hitler's phobia of chem weapons is pure BS, just like his so called vegetarianism.
He was perfectly fine with using Zyklon B to gas the Jews.
The real reason was because of MAD, if the Nazis used chem weapons the Allies would retaliate in kind.
And the Allies did have chemical weapons at hand in Europe to use against the Nazis.

The world war II channel used the same argument, they said on a recent video that Göring claimed that the official reason was the lack of anti chemical protection for horses, and since the wehrmacht was a army moved by horses and not by trucks as the nazi propaganda promoted, you can guess why that was important

- 80% or 3.9 million soldiers of the German Army were located on the Eastern Front in 1943. Even if you just took half of that and sent it West to Italy and France, the Wallies couldn't come up with the manpower to beat that conventionally, let alone have the stomach for the casualties.

- The German's would probably have their minor Axis allies do a lot of the dirty work in occupying the Eastern Front, which would free up even more German soldiers for service in the West.

- In 1943, the Germans had three air fleets (Luftflottens) on the Eastern Front. That's thousands of Aircraft and their best fighter aces that can be sent West. The Allies in 1943 don't have the airpower to beat that (at least not offensively). The allied bombing campaign of continental Europe will grind to a halt and won't restart until after Japanese defeat (late 44/early 45).

- This gives Germany 2 years to change its war economy. Instead of building thousands upon thousands of armored vehicles, Germany can refocus on aircraft and submarine production. Also the idea that Germany needs to outproduce the US and GB is a fallacy. They just need to produce enough to stop/deter a conventional WAllies Invasion of continental Europe.

- The Soviet Union losing doesn't just affect the European Theater of the war, if also affects the Pacific Theater. No rump Soviet Union is going to declare war on Japan. This along with a "victorious Germany" is only going to cause Japanese commanders to double down on their belief that victory is possible. Even more units can be stripped from Manchuria. Ichi-Go could actually knock China out of the war. The Burma front won't collapse as quickly. More men can defend the Home Islands. Even with nukes, Operation Downfall very well might happen. The US isn't going to support a Invasion of the Japanese Home Islands AND Germany. And some people might say that the US could just Blockade the Home Islands and starve Japan but that's wishful thinking. The naval forces nessecary for that prevents the US from creating a Invasion fleet large enough to take on the majority of the German Army.

- More funding can also be allocated to the V2 and Jet Fighter program. Although not war winning by themselves, it combined with everything else mentioned means the Germans could continue to strike Great Britain into 1945.

- Which brings us to the Political positions of the Western Allies. Great Britain cannot economically support itself and the empire independently, and I doubt the British have the stomach for WW1 casualty levels. And if the war is going this badly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Churchill administration gets ran out of office. As for America, yeah they got nukes, but not a lot. If a Op. downfall scenario happens in Japan, that means they've used all available nukes on Japan. And by the time 1945 comes around, they can't garuntee that their bombers can safely get to the German heartland. And the last thing they want is a bomber getting shot down with a intact nuke, which the Germans can use. If London gets nuked by a captured bomb via V2 or bomber sortie, well the whole war becomes rather pointless because that's probably worse for the British than Sealion.

- When it comes to Hitler, just because Hitler doesn't like compromise, DOESN'T mean he is incapable of compromise. There will be a lot of internal pressure for Hitler to make a negotiated peace, especially after seeing what the US does to Japan. Hitler will be leased stressed and less drugged up if he's winning, Which probably makes him healthier, more coherent, and more willing to negotiate. If not, a coup is still possible.

- Spain and Turkey very well might go Axis in this scenario. Spain is less likely since the North Africa campaign still goes bad for the Axis. But Turkey will be surrounded on 2 1/2 sides by Axis and might see a weak Great Britain and France as a excuse to invade Northern Syria and Northern Iraq.

To summarize everything said above. Although it is very likely that the WAllies fight on, the idea that there is a zero percent chance that they don't make peace in such a scenario seems absolutely bonkers to me. 20% or 40% chance of peace is the most likely options

The German's would probably have their minor Axis allies do a lot of the dirty work in occupying the Eastern Front, which would free up even more German soldiers for service in the West.
Plus millions of native collaborators (Slavic and non Slavic) who aid the Reich out of ideology, personal benefit or to avoid them and their families being enslaved or killed.

People forget that over a million Soviet citizens collaborated with the Reich IOTL and the Nazi extermination camps were almost entirely ran by Slavic collaborators. There was also heavy use of Kapos and native police in Jewish ghettos and concentration camps. The Reich was evil but they weren’t stupid.

I’ll quote from another poster:
This is how the Nazis did it:

10,000 people can be kept inside a walled ghetto by 100 German guards, 25 per shift, backed up by three utterly obsolete Pz-38(t) (larger numbers can be handled by adding a zero all the way around 100K people needs a battalion of 1000 troops backed up by 30 obsolete tanks/armored cars) and couple hundred foreign "volunteers"/Hiwis. The Wall is built by those who are being walled in. You use a group that isn't condemned (yet) to go through and take out ALL the food. You take out work parties, chained together in groups of 50 or so, work them doing heavy demolition by hand (or whatever other task is selected for them) from dawn to dusk. At the end of the day those that are still alive (any sign of resistance results in the entire work gang being killed out of hand, bodies of those who topple over are also dragged to where ever they are being burned/buried by another work crew, which is how the did it in the camps) are fed 300 or so calories of sawdust bread before they are allowed back into the ghetto. Don't work, don't eat. Sick? Too bad, Don't work, don't eat. Get out of line? If you are Polish the Lithuanian/Ukrainian/French/etc. ghetto police beat you to death with clubs (if you are Lithuanian, a Polish/etc.ghetto cop does it). Between the starvation, beatings for the smallest offense (being a brick short of the unreasonable quota, eating a dandelion, whatever), exposure in unheated barracks, the overseers will probably have to refill the ghetto two or three times before it is totally demolished (since that was the Reich's goal, to literally demolish, to the last brick, the Great "Slavic Cities" from Warsaw to Moscow and beyond)

Children under the age of five, who are too young to left a hammer or carry a brick, are fed in some centralized location, 150-200 calories once a day. They are not educated, not even taught their letters. Once they can be useful, say pulling weeds or other farm work, they are sent out to the Settler plantations to do farm work and are picked up at the end of the day (these are the "lucky ones", they may survive to become serfs for the German landholders)

The hard part is keeping people alive so you can continue to use them as slave labor in factories, That requires more effort, including about double the calories, a bit more if they are actually doing something that requires a bit of training, a few more guards and someone who has a modicum of leadership skills (in the East you can have some SS NCO run things, with maybe a few lower grade officers to maintain discipline, approve duty rosters, and ensure that none of the guard force goes soft).

Last edited:

TDM

Kicked
Plus millions of native collaborators (Slavic and non Slavic) who aid the Reich out of ideology, personal benefit or to avoid them and their families being enslaved or killed.

People forget that over a million Soviet citizens collaborated with the Reich IOTL and the Nazi extermination camps were almost entirely ran by Slavic collaborators. There was also heavy use of Kapos and native police in Jewish ghettos and concentration camps. The Reich was evil but they weren’t stupid.

I’ll quote from another poster:

Yes there were collaborators but on the flip side of that coin is was resistance as well. also you will need to define what you means by collaboration those million Russian citizens weren't all death camp guards, there will be a range of actions or inaction.

Similarly resistance doesn't have to be hiding in forest with a , but in lots of less direct ways.

Plus you have to remember what the plan here is general plan Ost, they are going to attempt to stave the majority of the population 10m's of Russians and east Europeans not only will that take effort but there will be push back against it. Because guess what when your trying to starve the majority of a captive population to death as matter just as general policy you really remove a lot of active reason against resistance from them, and you thus have to devote a much greater resources to make it happen than if its just case "under new management". i.e. European Russia is not just going to conveniently lie down and wait to starve to death

Even leaving that aside (and frankly you can't because it also make this next bit harder) just getting fully under control, rebuilding and administering such vast new eastern empire is going to take massive resources and a long time. This idea that Western Russian resources wether they be manpower, coal, oil, manufacturing is going to flip on a dime to bolster the Reich's war making ability is to completely ignore how this works in reality. Yes given enough time and general plan Ost being complete maybe it becomes net positive for the Germans but it wont be soon. especially as general plan Ost actually makes it harder to do.

Or to be frank a conquered Russia in really not the convenient engine that drives interesting what if more successful Nazi timelines it often seems to be made out to be.

Last edited:

TDM

Kicked
Also there are a few problems with the:

"10,000 people can be kept inside a walled ghetto by 100 German guards, 25 per shift, backed up by three utterly obsolete Pz-38(t) (larger numbers can be handled by adding a zero all the way around 100K people needs a battalion of 1000 troops backed up by 30 obsolete tanks/armored cars) and couple hundred foreign "volunteers"/Hiwis. The Wall is built by those who are being walled in. "

That might work if you doing that to small already othered sub divisions within a much larger population it doesn't work if you are doing it to an entre population. even if you try and create those sub division as series of easier to digest amounts, your larger population will catch on. I also don't think it will scale like that in a linear way anyway! If nothing else all this will take time.

What are you going to do wall off Western Russia as a ghetto? How will that work.

Population of Russia was approx 180m in 1939 approx 80% of them were in western Russia so lets say after initial deaths from the invasion and refugees fleeing east we're dealing with a nice round population of 100m (and I'm not even getting into populations of Poland, the Baltic states etc) that's a million guards and however much other infrastructure they need (not likely tanks really, but they will need stuff to guard). Only that still doesn't work because those guards and their infrastructure were not the only Germen forces in those territories were they? Those guard's full time job is keeping Ghettoes 100x times their number in check on a day to day basis. But there were other German resources in the occupied territories, just occupying the territories, chasing down partisans, organising the Reich protectorates, running the resources for German benefit.

Plus the 100 guards in abstract ignores two big things

1),. you have to round up the people before you put them in easy to guard Ghettoes and remember you are talking about rounding up 100m from an area larger than western Europe!

2). liquidising, the Ghettoes, they didn't just wait for them to die, they had to go in and liquidate the ghettoes, this was done in a variety of ways but they all took more forces and resources than just the day to day guard requirements.

Finally the classic "tooth to tail" issue of deployed numbers. It's not just a matter of counting everyone in a guard tower, you have to include the support staff, who cooks for the 100 guards, who manages the food that is cooked for them, who treats them when they get sick, who collects and delivers their mail who drives them around when they redeploy or have leave, who administers where they sleep who does the clerical work for keeping a 100 guards in place. I.e. even if it's 100 guards in towers and at gates, it is never just 100 people.

NB: another place this really comes up is in Operation Barbarossa in general. It was famously the largest invasion in history 3.6m men etc etc. only that was not 3.6m front line troops. Which is why although the German loses in 1941 might look small in abstract especially as part of the 3.6m figure, they have a disproportionate effect on the combat effectiveness of the front line units that are so relied upon to make it all work. Even worse even then they are disproportionately concentrated in the Panzer units (and it's not just lost men but machines etc), not even the infantry divs plodding along behind. Which is why Guderain et al are reporting 50% combat effectiveness levels even by Oct even though the Germans obviously haven't lost 1.8m men since they went into Russia in June

Last edited:
I think that the Allies would have come to terms with Nazi Germany. My study has left me with serious questions about air power winning the war. The idea of breaking civilian morale didn't happen. Whether the Blitz of 1940, the 1943-45 bombing of German cities, the B-29 raids on Japan or teh V1 and V2 offensive against Britain the home front remained loyal. This was particularly true in Germany where the Nazi police state was busy hunting down traitors. With out the demands of the Eastern Front I think Germany would have moved production from tanks and infantry weapons to airpower and missiles. They did a pretty good job of building underground facilities. SO there would be more defensive weapons available and fewer targets. Now by 1945 and 1946 there would have been a couple of A bombs available every month.. The first two at Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not opposed by any antiaircraft or fighters. Once it was known what was coming there would have been furious attempts to intercept and destroy the atomic bomb carrying plane. Would this have been effective? I would think partially. I also think that that Germany would have responded with gas attacks. Remember Hitler didn't care about his own people.

The point I was making was that the Aircraft carriers did not add much

But okay Ill bite

It was never about breaking civilian morale or winning the war on its own except in its part as a part of defeating/degrading German Industry - the Ruhr campaign for example prevented through destruction of factory's, damage to infrastructure, lost working hours etc more tanks being built than were destroyed on the Eastern front during the same period.

Underground facilities cannot replace the destroyed factory's and dispersal of industry in itself slows down production and uses up more resources per unit made.

By 1944 the German Airforce was a gutted shell and could not replace its losses while the Western Air forces through their massive industry's and air crew training plans got massively stronger year on year and could afford the heavy losses.

And by this time the Allies were getting better at attacking rail and canal infrastructure, POL and the Power grid.

- The Soviet Union losing doesn't just affect the European Theater of the war, if also affects the Pacific Theater. No rump Soviet Union is going to declare war on Japan. This along with a "victorious Germany" is only going to cause Japanese commanders to double down on their belief that victory is possible. Even more units can be stripped from Manchuria. Ichi-Go could actually knock China out of the war. The Burma front won't collapse as quickly. More men can defend the Home Islands. Even with nukes, Operation Downfall very well might happen. The US isn't going to support a Invasion of the Japanese Home Islands AND Germany. And some people might say that the US could just Blockade the Home Islands and starve Japan but that's wishful thinking. The naval forces nessecary for that prevents the US from creating a Invasion fleet large enough to take on the majority of the German Army.

What are the Japanese going to run the blockade with? A merchant marine long sunk by the US Navy? Coastal Shipping constrained by Starvation's Aerial Mining Campaign? An IJN reduced to a handful of vessels crewed by half-trained sailors with hardly any fuel to their name?

TDM

Kicked
Basically everything you said about Generalplan Ost was addressed and discussed in these threads so instead of rehashing the same arguments here and typing out essay length responses I’ll just refer you elsewhere.

Fair enough, doesn't stop it being an issue in the context of this thread though, especially as I pointed out it's not the only issue.

So I don't doubt GenPOst could have been achieved in one way or another with the devotion of enough resources and time in abstract, but doing so while still fighting a war and assuming he vast majority of all these forces that were OTL in the east will be freed up to fight that war, and also assuming that new territories are going to be providing all those cited resource benefits for the Germen Reich to fight that war with, is not the same thing.

Also I suggest you look at the later posts in that thread from the same poster about estimated troop numbers to keep the areas under control vs. partisans etc (i.e in addition to what you are talking about), Remember that in this scenario the wallies are still active and will be very keen on distracting the German in their new empire

Last edited:
What are the Japanese going to run the blockade with? A merchant marine long sunk by the US Navy? Coastal Shipping constrained by Starvation's Aerial Mining Campaign? An IJN reduced to a handful of vessels crewed by half-trained sailors with hardly any fuel to their name?

The Japanese were planning on utilizing thousands of Kamikazes. Although the US would see this tactic coming, it would still require a significant carrier and Anti Air force to stop said attacks from putting major gaps in the Blockade.

Also this was one of many points in my argument and if you disagree with my argument as a whole I would politely ask that you address it as a whole instead of cherry pick as to prevent the main argument from going on tangents.

TDM

Kicked
The Japanese were planning on utilizing thousands of Kamikazes. Although the US would see this tactic coming, it would still require a significant carrier and Anti Air force to stop said attacks from putting major gaps in the Blockade.

Also this was one of many points in my argument and if you disagree with my argument as a whole I would politely ask that you address it as a whole instead of cherry pick as to prevent the main argument from going on tangents.

You can't run a blockade with kamikazes, you have to at some point run it with ships, so the question was what ships? also Kamikazes are rather a finite resource!

I agree even the US can't invade Germany and Japan at the same time, but I'm still at a loss as to why the US has to invade anyone straight away?
I really don't get this obsession that the wallies have to go diving into bloody land invasion and playing to the only axis strength other than to satisfy a "they lose so many they give up the fight axis win's" prerequisite

Last edited:
even the US can't invade Germany and Japan at the same time, but I still at a lose as to why the US has to invade anyone straight away?
No USSR means Japan would likely fight on despite the atomic bombs in 1945 and the WAllies’ need to save resources and manpower for any future invasion of Nazi Europe means they’d likely go with the blockade, starve and bomb strategy of defeating Japan with no actual boots on the ground.