We must make peace with our islamic brothers.

WI, MLK Jr. hadn't been killed but just went into a coma from when he was shot till September 10, 2001. How would the time after 9/11 turn out? What would MLK Jr. do in the face of this crisis?

Dr. King announces that he's launching Sealion: Mark II. A great invasion fleet is gathered and King himself leads the charge onto the field at Hastings, holding high his broadsword. Two weeks later, the whole of Britannia is conquered and admitted to the union as the 53rd state, the 51st and 52nd, respectively, being Canada and Cuba, which have each had pro-US coups in the meantime and asked for annexation.

Hashasheen

Banned
WI, MLK Jr. hadn't been killed but just went into a coma from when he was shot till September 10, 2001. How would the time after 9/11 turn out? What would MLK Jr. do in the face of this crisis?
*sigh* Really? of all the thing to put up on a thread, you chose this? I'm starting to agree with AHP about the state of the forum.

JohnJacques

Banned
Its not an idea without some merit. That said, a coma and sudden revival sound dumb.

A surviving MLK is interesting, but he won't be living to 2001.

And please note that he was an ardent pacifist.

JohnJacques

Banned
TAYLOR BRANCH: The Movement took a huge toll on him. When they did the autopsy, they said he had the heart of a 60 year old, he's 39. So yes, it took a big toll on him, and he was constantly fantasizing about getting out of the Movement, but I don't know of anybody around him who ever took it seriously, who felt that even he really thought that he could follow through on that. The Movement was his life.

Big problem. He's probably going to die in his 50s or maybe his 60s.

Still, him surviving into the 70s or the 80s is going to be a major change on the American political landscape.

Yep, "Return of The King"
I thought that episode was terrible.
and shoudn't this be ASB territory?

Really? I thought it was ok, there were better episodes though but the scene with Ruckus and MLK gave a few laughs.

And yeah having him live that long is ASB, try picking something else durring a time where he wouldent be old, logically dead and senile (not actually in that order).

Really? I thought it was ok, there were better episodes though but the scene with Ruckus and MLK gave a few laughs.

And yeah having him live that long is ASB, try picking something else durring a time where he wouldent be old, logically dead and senile (not actually in that order).

I liked "Passion of the Ruckus" better.

Yep, "Return of The King"
I thought that episode was terrible.
and shoudn't this be ASB territory?

I suspect JFK gets a coma because of the hemorrhage and TBI resulting from the injuries in his head and neck, right? I don't know to any extent the cerebral damage caused by this bullet (or even if the bullet went into his cranial cavity), so I don't know to any extent about the level of TBI (traumatic brain injury).

Usually, comas only last a few weeks. Then the patients die or get better, usually with some physical disabilities. Any more than 10 months of coma is a death sentence (chances of partial recovery is only 2% or less, full recovery is nearly 0).

So even if JFK goes into a coma, he would either be out cold for several weeks, or cold permanently - waking up 40 years later with full physical conditions is just ASB. The world's longest coma was 37 years 111 days (1941 - 1978) and this resulted (predictably) into the patient's death.

I suspect JFK gets a coma because of the hemorrhage and TBI resulting from the injuries in his head and neck, right? I don't know to any extent the cerebral damage caused by this bullet (or even if the bullet went into his cranial cavity), so I don't know to any extent about the level of TBI (traumatic brain injury).

So even if JFK goes into a coma, he would either be out cold for several weeks, or cold permanently - waking up 40 years later with full physical conditions is just ASB. The world's longest coma was 37 years 111 days (1941 - 1978) and this resulted (predictably) into the patient's death.

Uh who said anything bout JFK?