Wars and Battles in TLs, How to?

Well, with my TL I focused on initially how battles on an OTL-style fashion worked, but I spent a lot of time delving into logistical issues and how much any army with a specific force structure would require, as far as developing ATL military situations. My take on warfare is a dual one: timelines that show how incidents look from the God's Eye viewpoint, but to the people actually in the battles they're unpredictable, horrible, chaos that can neither be directed nor tamed nor controlled.

My ATL WWII, for instance, featured massive armored engagements involving huge army groups on both sides, but the actual process of territorial advances, providing garrison forces, losses in vehicles and infantry and other categories of weapons led to a war where the two sides stalemated due to both essentially running out.

Too, a decisive element in the outcome of the ATL WWII was that the Central Powers were able to use jets before the Russians did and dealt irreparable losses to their air force, thereby creating the conditions of final overstretch. And an even more crucial one was that all sides were able to focus on a more limited peace with more narrow goals as opposed to "Ve vill tak de vurld."