United States of the Americas and Oceania Version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Anti-US people will get enraged on this Ameriwank.

I'm pretty sure that if you write any piece of literature at all, somebody somewhere hates it, even if they've never read it.

BTW, have you seen Big Tex's timeline? USAO is tame compared to that shit.

Now that that's out of the way:

Question 1: What's your timetable concerning statehood for Liberia?

Question 2: What is going to be the final size/shape of Alyaska? Will it take up the entire Alaskan Peninsula? I definitely should include the Alaskan Archipelego. There is a lot of money to be made from the fishing industry there, with all the yummy Alaskan King Crabs.

Question 3: What's gonna happen to the other British colonies in Africa(not including South Africa)? Will they become a part of the ever-growing Union, or will they become part of the CP monolith?

I think Anti-US people will get enraged on this Ameriwank.

As what Writer's block said... Big Tex's USA is going to be way way way way bigger than this one... And what's worse? It will cover the entire world and what's even worse than that? It is predestined and inevitable, so for anti-US people..., it's going to be a nightmare for them... Hahahahaha..! :D:D

I'm pretty sure that if you write any piece of literature at all, somebody somewhere hates it, even if they've never read it.

Question 2: What is going to be the final size/shape of Alyaska? Will it take up the entire Alaskan Peninsula? I definitely should include the Alaskan Archipelego. There is a lot of money to be made from the fishing industry there, with all the yummy Alaskan King Crabs.

Question 3: What's gonna happen to the other British colonies in Africa(not including South Africa)? Will they become a part of the ever-growing Union, or will they become part of the CP monolith?

As what Writer's block said... Big Tex's USA is going to be way way way way bigger than this one... And what's worse? It will cover the entire world and what's even worse than that? It is predestined and inevitable, so for anti-US people..., it's going to be a nightmare for them... Hahahahaha..! :D:D
I admit I dislike some timelines here..but I still read them.

Such as this one?? ;)

What are you into then? Canada-wanks? Though it's possible though... Hehehe..

It hasn't been updated for a while, but the "YACW" Canada-wank thread is actually quite well-written. I enjoyed reading it even though it didn't portray my own nation in a very good light.

It hasn't been updated for a while, but the "YACW" Canada-wank thread is actually quite well-written. I enjoyed reading it even though it didn't portray my own nation in a very good light.

Ouch... Well... look at the Philippines in every major timeline out there... being a subordinate or colony or whatever of some other nation... That's worse... Haha...:D

Eurofed

Banned
Yes, the new capital is going to select a somewhat hardier breed of US politician, and one that is mindful of the importance of an efficient FEMA, but those are not bad things. This USA is going to be much less WASP-dominated by reasons of its very composition, regardless of where we place the capital. It is big and developed in all its major sections that it is definitely going to be more policentric in the economic and cultural field than the OTL version. So Liberty would be mostly a political-administrative ccenter like Washington, thanks to the canal it may acquire some economic influence like NY/London/Paris, but not so dominant like those models.

Last edited:
About the maps..., The Philippines is good enough... but I'm under the reasoning that the territories were already established as early as in the 1862 map..., so please change it mr. tubby twins... also include the island of Palawan in the Luzon territory which you didn't put in any box at all... and the Sulu archipelago in the Mindanao territory which is also not in any box at all...

Thanks... ! :)

You've might had passed up this comment without noticing Mr. tubby twins..., Thank you...

Eurofed

Banned
I like Byzantine wanks as well but I think Rome was wanked enough in OTL..

As far as this author is concerned, there is no such thing as "being wanked enough" there is only what is appropriate to circumstances and premises. As a big fan of Rome, I'm thoroughly persuaded that trhe Roman Empire fell far short of its ultimate China-like potential, that is to unify all of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East in an unbreakable cultural-political civilization-polity, only subject to temporary periods of dynastic disruption, that endures to modern times.

The USA, and parallel cases like united CP Europe, enjoy a good amount of predestination and inevitability in this TL. Differently from Big Tex's Ameriwank, this does not go all the way to assimilation of the whole world, and the predestination element is not enforced by a "secret history" agent integral to the TL.

It's simply that certain broad final results (division of the world in a few 1984-sque non-totalitarian superstates in modern times) retroactively drive the selection of plausible PoDs and butterflies among all the possible TL of the multiverse to produce them. It's like those movies that start with a situation and the rest of the story is one long flashback that builds up to it.

As I write USAO, I've been wondering how much, and how soon, TL people are going to achieve the consciousness that in their world, certain powers apparently enjoy some serious degree of predestination to success.

Eurofed

Banned
And I think it's a good thing that Europe never became as stagnatory as China.

I remain also strongly persuaded that that size and centralization have at worst a neutral effect on cultural dynamism, and that China failing to industrialize at the last possible moment after being a dynamic hub of innovation for the last couple of millennia is a low-probability butterfly.

But the USAO TL thread is not the proper place to debate yet again that old chestnut of a topic. Our opinions on it are well-known by now. :D;)

Eurofed

Banned

I don't have a detailed and established one yet.

Alyaska shall surely expand to have this kind of border.

attachment.php

Eventual absorption of the rest of Klondike is possible, but much less guaranteed.

CP colonies.

Last edited:
ROME WANK

Speaking of a Rome wank... Check out this TL... It is not mine and its from another site... but I'm promoting it right now... while hoping that the author over there that I've already contacted might contact me back and we can work out on a transfer of his wonderful ASB Rome wank work here in this site...

More details about it with the links is on this thread:

The Survival of Rome

Check it out... Thanks...

EDIT: It has tremendous potential because of its 41 views in just 7 hours... but the lack of responses means something about not posting that work here so it could attract responses since it is easier to respond in that way... rather than leaving out the thread blank and just having links... on another site... and just leave out your responses back in the thread... which is more inconvenient and time-consuming... so it really has to be posted here... I just have to get permission....

As far as this author is concerned, there is no such thing as "being wanked enough" there is only what is appropriate to circumstances and premises. As a big fan of Rome, I'm thoroughly persuaded that trhe Roman Empire fell far short of its ultimate China-like potential, that is to unify all of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East in an unbreakable cultural-political civilization-polity, only subject to temporary periods of dynastic disruption, that endures to modern times.

The USA, and parallel cases like united CP Europe, enjoy a good amount of predestination and inevitability in this TL. Differently from Big Tex's Ameriwank, this does not go all the way to assimilation of the whole world, and the predestination element is not enforced by a "secret history" agent integral to the TL.

It's simply that certain broad final results (division of the world in a few 1984-sque non-totalitarian superstates in modern times) retroactively drive the selection of plausible PoDs and butterflies among all the possible TL of the multiverse to produce them. It's like those movies that start with a situation and the rest of the story is one long flashback that builds up to it.

As I write USAO, I've been wondering how much, and how soon, TL people are going to achieve the consciousness that in their world, certain powers apparently enjoy some serious degree of predestination to success.
Yep, I think Rome was wanked enough to create the situation of the Latin Europe and the Roman influence in Europe.

I think Liberia should not become a state in my opinion, but it could be a resettlement area for African-Americans.

Ouch... Well... look at the Philippines in every major timeline out there... being a subordinate or colony or whatever of some other nation... That's worse... Haha...
Philippines is really the Bruneian empire minus Borneo, that is what I learned in reading the story of Bolkiah, so a surviving Bruneian Empire can do a more better Philippines but it is not called Philippines.

Last edited:
I will be sad if the Seward Peninsula isn't included in Alyaska. Did you know that Nome, Alaska was once the most populous city in Alaska? It's also one of the largest gold pans in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.