Turtledove Award Poll - Flag

Choose all the Flags you want to see win (multiple choices allowed)

• Texas Pirate Flag

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Alt Alabama

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • Random Flag of Germany

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Alternate U.S. Flag

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No offense intended to any of the designers, but there are a plethora of better superior designs out there in the alternate flag thread, and at least other ones good enough to make this list.

Glen

Who decided on the shortlist?

No offense intended to any of the designers, but there are a plethora of better superior designs out there in the alternate flag thread, and at least other ones good enough to make this list.

I agree that there were better designs.

People could nominate flags in the nomination thread for this year's Turtledove Awards.
These were the flags nominated this time.

Exactly! IF there were other flags out there that should have been nominated, you have no one to blame but yourselves! Please, next time nominate things for the Turtledoves!!!

Krall

Banned
Exactly! IF there were other flags out there that should have been nominated, you have no one to blame but yourselves! Please, next time nominate things for the Turtledoves!!!

It's not like the event was well advertised. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen a Turtledove nomination thread, which forum are they in?

It's not like the event was well advertised. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen a Turtledove nomination thread, which forum are they in?

Not like he stickied an announcement in every forum and had the nomination thread stickied at the top of the Off-Topic forum.

It should be in this forum, then. The only time I ever check Off-Topic is if it's 3 AM and I'm suffering from tremendous insomnia.

I generally stay out of Off Topic too, not to mention anything about looking around that area enough to notice any nomination thread. And I venture most other people do the same. Human nature is also in many ways not up to noticing the announcement threads for another thread like that. Those things get buried. And looking at the current roster of nominees here, and knowing how many flags blow these out of the water and are many times the quality and/or enjoyability -no offense- or at least of equal quality/enjoyability, I don't think people like me who didn't notice this are few. However, had the nominations thread been on this subforum, I may have noticed it enough to chime in.

It should be in this forum, then. The only time I ever check Off-Topic is if it's 3 AM and I'm suffering from tremendous insomnia.

I generally stay out of Off Topic too, not to mention anything about looking around that area enough to notice any nomination thread. And I venture most other people do the same. Human nature is also in many ways not up to noticing the announcement threads for another thread like that. Those things get buried. And looking at the current roster of nominees here, and knowing how many flags blow these out of the water and are many times the quality and/or enjoyability -no offense- or at least of equal quality/enjoyability, I don't think people like me who didn't notice this are few. However, had the nominations thread been on this subforum, I may have noticed it enough to chime in.

There were threads.

Stickied threads.

At the top of every forum with a link to the nomination thread.

If you missed them, then it's your own fault.

There were threads.

Stickied threats.

At the top of every forum with a link to the nomination thread.

If you missed them, then it's your own fault.

I'm not denying its my fault. But looking at the list of nominees, it looks like perhaps a lot of people were at fault too. Like I said, threads like that get buried either under consciousness or under things more eye catching.

This gets the award for most circlejerked thread ever.

Useless squabbling is lovely, isn't it? :D

If you don't like the "poor quality" of nominated flags, it's mostly your fault since you didn't bother to nominate anyone.

I never said they were poor quality. I said there were others of either equal or -in many cases- superior quality. And I'm not going through this again. I said it was my fault already. This is not really that high on my level of concern to care about it. But I also said I didn't think the thread(s) were all that noticeable or at least distinguishable upon a glance from the other Turtledove awards. Is that anyone's fault or just the inherent nature of such a thing, I don't know and maybe am inclined to agree with the latter. But I don't see a reason to get worked up over a qualifier such as "it was tough to notice".

Last edited:

Glen

Just remember we have maps and flags categories in EVERY Turtledove Award year, so if you see a nomination link, go nominate there.