To Regain Your Lost Shadows: A Better U.S. Response To Holocaust Refugees

How about Cuba or Mexico ? Not sure what the political situation is in either of these countries but maybe FDR basically bribes one of them with an aid package and they take the refugees in, it would also be a more slick way for the refugees to eventually immigrate to America without it being huge news
Just found something called the Évian Conference; would probably make for an interesting read. It failed IOTL, but whether it does ITTL, Long’s absence and subsequent lack of further immigration restrictions could mitigate that failure.

Sorry if I’ve been a bit… anal with procrastination on historical accuracy on what FDR and others would do without Breckinridge’s influence considering their already problematic ones.

When I first saw the opening, I was wondering if Meyer Lansky has asked his Italian mob friends to arrange an accident for Breckinridge Long?

I have often wondered what would have happened if Meyer has passed the word that money and votes would be available to anyone who would arrange for the quotas for Jews being filled in a timely manner. I have always had the impression that the Mob's ability to provide cash and voters gave them influence with many politicians. Also, the Mob knows the dirty secrets that many politicians did not want out in public. If money does not motivate someone, then threatening to release photos of someone with an underage girl or with a boy in bed could change their mind.

In addition, I would if the US military would be interested in what Jewish refugees know of Germany's plans for new tanks and planes?

I am very interested is seeing how this timeline develops.