TL Concept

Should I make such a Timeline ?

• Yes ! For the workers of America !

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No ! Continue with "The Golden Eagle"

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
The Golden Eagle was a maturing experience for me, I went from a bad quality writer to a better one (as you can see from the first chapters compared to the recent ones). I now want to apply that into something else, I have an idea of creating a Communist America in the world and I want your thoughts and suggestions on that.

The concept is that the Sherman-Antitrust act and similar anti-corporation legislation never passed, "Teddy" Roosevelt died in Cuba, very Pro-Business presidents, SCOTUS and Congress result in the workers losing faith on democracy and turning to a charismatic Eugene Debbs. America joins WWI due to the Lusitania and suffers catastrophic loses before the victory in 1917, Britain and France dominate the negotiations and there is a feeling in America that they fought a war for the Imperialistic French and British keep their Empires. Adding several riots, labor unrest, strikes, a few massacres, Post-War depression, and the Spanish Flu, a Revolution breaks out on America against an Elitist government, creating a Communist government in America. All while the Reds never take power in Russia.

What do you think ?

I am going to use this space to shamelessly push for Russia staying Tsarisyt largely bc the last tl we had that was like that was Consequences of an Errant Shell

I honestly believe you need a much earlier PoD. Something that really ****s up America. Might honestly need to be pre-1770. For all of its moral failures, the system of government created by the US Founders at least created a mechanism to address many of America's greatest failings.

I honestly believe you need a much earlier PoD. Something that really ****s up America. Might honestly need to be pre-1770. For all of its moral failures, the system of government created by the US Founders at least created a mechanism to address many of America's greatest failings.
What are you thinking ? More corruption during Grant's administration ? Maybe even an incompetent Presidency under a Hawkish Custer ?

What are you thinking ? More corruption during Grant's administration ? Maybe even an incompetent Presidency under a Hawkish Custer ?

The Revolutionary War goes horribly wrong? Washington gets shot early and someone else becomes the first President and tries to stay President for life and things spiral into horridness.

Communist revolution is a hard thing to make happen in AH because it honestly didn't happen in that many places - and it typically only in places where things went very wrong.

The Revolutionary War goes horribly wrong? Washington gets shot early and someone else becomes the first President and tries to stay President for life and things spiral into horridness.

Communist revolution is a hard thing to make happen in AH because it honestly didn't happen in that many places - and it typically only in places where things went very wrong.
I don't think you need an PoD going THAT far back, the Americans have this naivety to think their system is unable to be destroyed because the Founding Fathers are Patriot-Saints with George Washington as Jesus.

Now I'm being extreme but every system can be overthrown, I am from a country that is in its 7th constitution after being under an Empire, an oligarchy, an Populist Regime, an relatively Liberal Republic, an Military Regime, and recently an unstable Republic heavily corrupt and polarized. If there is one thing we do know is that no system lasts forever, and America came very close to losing their system if there wasn't someone to pull they away from the Abyss. If there was someone Authoritarian in Lincoln's place, America could've become a dictatorship during the Civil War, if Roosevelt was more similar to Huey Long then America would fall into a Populist regime or a Military coup.

That's the fun of alternate history, a small change in history, like a woman having a miscarriage in Kentucky might have made America a dystopia. A lucky shot would've made the US collapse into anarchy, or worse. I don't think there are "Perfect systems that you have to go so far back to make it not exist", I don't deny the American founding fathers were smart, and I wish my country listened to certain people in history, but instead we put the wrong people in power and changed our history forever.