Prologue
Zebulon Montgomery Pike let out a boisterous laugh as he watched the British soldiers at York scurry away like mice. The sound of his laughter was quickly cut off by the explosion that rocked the earth. The British had blown up their fort, causing large rocks to spray everywhere in a 460m radius. Pike flinched as a large boulder landed three paces away from him. He was just standing there. He let out a sigh, and said a quick prayer thanking God for sparing him. Another general, however, was not so lucky. Once the smoke cleared Pike was made aware that General Henry Dearborn had been fatally wounded by the debris. Pike, in a rare moment of empathy for a fellow soldier, rushed to the general's aid and helped to carry the overweight general to his tent, where he would die. In his dying moments, Dearborn bestowed upon Pike his saber, a shining steel sword with a bronze eagle for a mouthpiece. Pike would carry this blade until his death.
Pike didn't bother to wait for approval from Washington, he promoted himself to Dearborn's position and took command of the army. Looking at his 1500 soldiers, and knowing reinforcements were on their way, he knew what he had to do. Perhaps it was arrogance, a want for fame and glory, or maybe he knew that there were only 500 soldiers guarding the city, not the 5000 that were reported, but whatever the reason, Pike made the decision to attack Kingston.
This would be the greatest decision of his life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead Skunk, Revenge of the Crown, Washington Burns, these are all great timelines (Especially Dead Skunk), but they all have the same premise. "What if Britain won the War of 1812?". Me, however, I'm an American patriot who dreams of the State of Ontario, so welcome to my new timeline: Three Paces Left. Zebulon Pike's death at the Battle of York was tragic, and upon reading more about him I'm confident he would be able to whip the army into shape and take Canada.
Of course, as a young and inexperienced author, criticism of any type is appreciated.
Next up is the Battle of Kingston.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources:
Zebulon Pike: The Life and Legacy of One of America's Most Important Explores by Charles River (Not River Editoir, another guy named Charles River)
-Great, short book of only forty pages but goes into a lot of detail about Pike's personality. The audiobook is on spotify, only an hour and forty-eight minutes, so I'd highly recommend it.

Taking the North
General Pike had a decision ahead of him. Does he march his soldiers from York to Kingston, or do they take the boats they took to York and sail to Kingston. Consulting with Commodore Chauncey, Pike made the decision to march on foot. Pike would regret this decision, not because this decision would cost them anything, but because Pike had to put up with the constant whining of his soldiers. Eventually, Colonel Cromwell Pearce was chosen as the sacrifice to calm Pike's anger.
"I HATE MAY!" Pike yelled at the top of his lungs, banging on his desk, "AND I HATE THESE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR SOLDIERS."
"What's wrong with April, sir?" Pearce meekly asked after working up the courage.
"This goddamn weather," Pike took a deep breath, "First my men are crying about how hot it is in their woolen uniforms the next they're complaining about how it's not enough."
"General Pike, we think you should really calm your anger. You shouldn't let your emotions get in the way of leading the army." As Pearce said this, he braced for Pike's fury. From a young age, the general was always sensitive to criticism.
"Ever read The Prince, Colonel?" Pike asked suppressing his rage
"N-No...No I haven't sir." Pearce answered honestly.
"Ends justify the means. Better to be feared than loved. My time exploring the Louisiana really taught me that. My bumbling buffoons that followed me showed that my anger was my most valuable asset as a General." Pike stared off into the distance as the painful memories of his explorer days came flooding back.
"R-Really?"
"Yes really. Look at these soldiers. In a week I turned them from some farmers who never step foot out of their county to a real standing army!" Pike's anger faded and a look of pride replaced it.
"You think yourself a von Steuben?" Pearce had to admit, Pike had done a good job with whipping the army into shape.
"Of course, Colonel."
After the conversation, a young messenger boy came in.
"Chauncey's approachin' fast! And I saw the guards of Kingston, I did. Must be a few hundred at most!"
Pike clapped his hands, a devilish smile growing. "Excellent news! We attack now."
"NOW?!" Colonel Pearce was caught completely off guard.
"Yes, now. No time like the present, eh? Ready the soldiers. Colonel, you stand guard with...ehhhhh three hundred soldiers in the northeast. The others and I will ride into the city in two hours. Go go go!"
Colonel Pearce immediately jumped into action and went with his men to the Great Cataraqui River.

On the British side of things, they had no idea an attack was coming. They had heard of the fall of York, but expecting the Yankees to attempt an amphibian invasion, they stood in wait at the ports of Kingston. With no ships in sight, many had let their guard down. When a young resident of Kingston began crying out "Yankees! Yankees!", British soldiers scrambled to get their guns ready. When his army rode in, Pike was first, riding into battle on horseback looking as flashy as possible. The British, surrounded by water, had nowhere to go, and those that did slip away were captured by Colonel Pearce's army. This is not to say the British didn't fight back, in fact they did valiantly and made a serious dent into the American army, but it was all for not. The Americans would capture Kingston and take the British ships stationed there. Upper Canada was now completely cut off from the rest of Britain. Soon, Pike would imagine a great campaign of running up the St. Lawrence River, taking all of Lower Canada with it. He would send a message to Washington requesting for 7,000 regulars.
1699983569049.png

Next, we head to London.

Finally an America wins the War of 1812 TL. I shall watch this with great interest considering that it's a relative new premise.

Britain managed to collect a force of over 800 to attack Sacketts Harbor in late May. Why did so few show up to fight on the defense? Every available soldier within a hundred miles is going to be pulled to Kingston along with the militia, I'd be surprised if the British didn't outnumber the Americans by the time of battle. Kingston was extremely well fortified too. There's a good reason the Americans didn't make the attempt in OTL.

That's not to say it couldn't be done.

Debate at London
June 8, 1813.
London, United Kingdom

"Gentlemen, I'm sure you know why you're here." Prime Minister Jenkinson scanned the room. Sitting at the table with him was the Secretary of State for War and the Colonies Henry Bathurst, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Robert Stewart, First Lord of the Admiralty Robert Dundas, and Chancellor of the Exchequer Nicholas Vansittart. They all looked tired, and for good reason. "Let's begin our discussion on the situation in no-" Prime Minister Jenkinson was cut off by Secretary Bathurst.
"It's not worth it." Bathurst said bluntly.
"Excuse me?" Stuart interjected.
"It's not worth it. Napoleon is our number one concern." Bathurst clarified
"Prussia and Russia can deal it." Stuart said, waving his hand.
"Can they?"
"Yes!" Stuart was starting to get heated.
"No they cannot! Who gives them money, hm? Almost twenty million pounds! We're gonna let that go to waste for Canada?!" Bathurst, too, was starting to get heated.
"G-Gentlemen..." Jenkinson attempted to calm the two in vain.
"Canadians are British!" Stuart pounded his fist.
"And so are we! What good is having a colony if we have no country!?" At this, the room fell silent.
"...compared to our other colonies, Canada isn't too profitable." added Vansittart.
"So that's it? Three hundred years of British rule in the Americas come to an end?" Stuart whispered.
"Afraid so. We cannot send more resources to America. This war is picking up steam there, we're gonna have to give everything we've got to keep this colony. Those damn Yankees have control over the entire St. Lawrence. It's over." Bathurst finally calmed down and relaxed in his chair.
"But what about our pride. Is it really worth it?" Stuart said, losing hope.
"Indeed it is. Begin drafting the treaty." Bathurst said, ending the conversation.
"Right away Lord Barhurst..." Stuart let out a sigh.

John Quincy Adams waved goodbye to the cheering crowd in New York harbor as he set out for Stockholm.
"Nice of the King of Sweden to mediate this treaty, eh Clay?" Quincy Adams asked, a rare look of happiness on his face.
"Indeed. I hope they prepare lots of kringles." Clay sighed and stared up, before refocusing on the ambassador next to him. "What are you reading, Mr. Adams?"
"The History of the Decline and fall of the Roman Empire. Great book." Quincy Adams answered, not looking up from the book.
"Good, good." Clay looked to the side. Adams wasn't much of a talker and this trip was going to take a while. He sighed in boredom.

"Ah! You must be Mr. Adams." Stuart extended his hand to the stout man before him.
"Lord Castlereagh, I presume? It is an honor, truly." Quincy Adams accepted Stuart's hand.
"Now...let's just get to it."
After hours of negotiations, finally a treaty was decided. It was an absolutely humiliating blow to the British. Lower and Upper Canada would be ceded, as would St. John (Prince Edward Island), and Nova Scotia. The Hudson's Bay Company would be allowed to exist. America would pay for these colonies, paying $50,000,000 in total.
Americans would cheer at the news, and the sentiment that this war was the "2nd American Revolution" was emboldened, giving the war it's name in America today. In Britain, it is known as the Canadian War.

Next time, we go to the organization of these new territories of the United States.

Britain managed to collect a force of over 800 to attack Sacketts Harbor in late May. Why did so few show up to fight on the defense? Every available soldier within a hundred miles is going to be pulled to Kingston along with the militia, I'd be surprised if the British didn't outnumber the Americans by the time of battle. Kingston was extremely well fortified too. There's a good reason the Americans didn't make the attempt in OTL.

Thank you for pointing this out because I realize now I misread "Kingston was fortified by 600 regulars and 1,400 militias" as just "Kingston was fortified by 600 regulars"
In the next chapter I'll add a corrections section.

Spell check is your friend. Just a friendly critique.

Besides that, loving the story. I bleed Red, White, and Blue myself.

Last edited:
What about newfoundland? Did the US get anything in the Caribbean like Bermuda? So the federalist will still exist since the Hartford convention never occurred?

With the extra money will britian be able to guarantee money will be secured for Napoleon to stay on Elba longer/permanently? Did Andrew Jackson win any major battles? Great story

The Throbbing Headache That is Canada
Corrections and Clarifications
Thank you so much for the praise, criticism, and tips. I appreciate all of them very much. Some have pointed out to me that I've gotten some facts wrong, and have asked clarifying questions. I'll answer them here.

Mr. Gunslinger is correct here. I misread "Kingston was fortified by 600 regulars and 1,400 militias" as just "Kingston was fortified by 600 regulars". The soldiers at Kingston would be around >2000. So the wikibox at the end of the second chapter is incorrect.
Is it May or April he hates?

The Hudson Bay Company continues, does that mean Britain keeps that territory(Rupert's Land doesn't go to the U.S.) or just that the private company still exists?
It's May. Originally the dialogue was "I hate April", but I realized the month would be May at this time, so I edited Pike's dialogue but forgot to edit Pearce's.
For Hudson's Bay, the territory is still under British/Company control. No clean borders unfortunately.
What about newfoundland? Did the US get anything in the Caribbean like Bermuda? So the federalist will still exist since the Hartford convention never occurred?
Newfoundland is under British control still. All the US got was Lower and Upper Canada, and Britain pinky promising not to colonize America more. America won but not nearly enough to negotiate the loss of most every British colony in America.
The Federalists will be the focus of their own chapter. Just know the Federalists are not doing well since the war they so vitriolically opposed turned out to be a great, patriot success and the 2nd American Revolution.
With the extra money will britian be able to guarantee money will be secured for Napoleon to stay on Elba longer/permanently? Did Andrew Jackson win any major battles? Great story
We'll get to Napoleon and Europe soon enough. Jackson did not win any major battles.

Zebulon Montgomery Pike let out a boisterous laugh as he watched the now Americans scurry across the streets of York like mice. He was living the life now. President Madison made him the governor of Ontario Territory, and while the power was great, the mansion was even better. Pike's laughter was cut short when a rock shattered his window and hit him in the face, causing his nose to bleed. After the second of daze, Pike looked down at the heckling crowd of former Canadians.
"Yankee go home!" one of the hecklers shouted before launching a snowball. Pike, in a moment of anger, reached for his pistol.
"Back down you ruffians! Or I shoot!" he warned the crowd, which responded with further heckling and throwing of rocks and snowballs. "I've warned you!" Pike yelled out before he began firing wildly into the crowd, causing it to disperse. Five bodies lined the streets below the windows. This event, known as the York Massacre, had the opposite effect Pike wanted. Rather than cause the crowd to disperse in fear, the crowd reorganized with anger. The crowd of hellions broke their way into the Governor's Mansion and cornered Zebulon Pike.
His body was almost unrecognizable, and caused his wife to faint at the sight. The dashing young Zebulon Pike, Hero of the 2nd American Revolution, was dead. He was 35.

To say there was outrage in America would be an understatement. "The savagery of York's citizens rival that of Tecumseh's Indians!" wrote one newspaper, "York shall have hell to pay for the death of our darling boy." And hell they did pay. General Andrew Jackson was appointed the new Governor of Ontario and ruled it with an iron fist. Martial law, restriction of voting rights, restriction of assembly, press, and speech. He ruled so tyrannically that the citizens of Ontario began calling him "King Andrew". Andrew Jackson would continue his rule over Ontario until it gained statehood.

Life in Quebec was comparatively more peaceful than Ontario. Madison had allowed a resident of Quebec (Albeit one more sympathetic to America) by the name of François Blanchet be their Governor. This isn't to say Quebec got along swimmingly with the rest of the US. Residents of America were very skeptical of their new French Catholic brothers. Numerous Protestants in America would attempt to move to Quebec in an attempt to "Americanize" them. These attempts were met with protest and violence. To some, Quebecois were just as savage as Ontarians.

The constant news of violence and threats of revolution took a serious toll on President Madison, and he begged for March 4th, 1817 to come as soon as possible so the next poor soul could deal with it.

Next, we head to Europe and see what's going on in Vienna.

Last edited:
The Room Where it Happened
While the offer was intriguing, Lord Castlereagh was under direct orders from the Prince Regent NOT to sign any treaties that could lead to war. Castlereagh could not stand for another British embarrassment. He would not sign Talleyrand's treaty.
While still outnumbered, the stubborn Tsar Alexander I would refuse to back down until all of Poland was his.
Karl August von Hardenberg would continue its support of Russia to get all of Saxony.
It seemed the attempt as peace was failing.

No one knew for certain what happened in that Vienna hotel room that fateful day, but what we do know is that the short, private meeting between those three men would fundamentally change Europe forever.
"What made you change your mind, Sir Talleyrand?" asked von Hardenberg, trying to do his best French.
"Without Britain, it is abundantly clear Austria and France will not be able to decline. It seems only natural that I try to negotiate this before anyone does anything...drastic." Talleyrand replied
"So long as I get Poland..."
"And Prussia gets Saxony..."
"We are fine with whatever" Tsar Alexander and von Hardenberg said in unison.
"Excellent! I was hoping you'd say that," Talleyrand then brought in a large map of the Balkans, and took out a pen, "You know, your majesty Tsar Alexander, your grandmother had a plan once..." Talleyrand said as he traced a line across the Danube until the Great Morava, where he drew southwards across Macedonia and southern Albania. Talleyrand then wrote in big letters 'NOVA RHOMANIA' "The 'Greek Plan'. Your majesty, wouldn't you like to control the straits of Bosphorus?"
"In fact, I would Sir Talleyrand."
"Oh and von Hardenberg, do not think I forgot about you. I've already gotten the Dutch to join this German Confederation of yours." Talleyrand assured von Hardenberg
"Really? How were you able to do that?" von Hardenberg was confused
"I have my ways." Talleyrand snickered. By ways, he meant threats. Always worked on countries smaller than France. "Now, gentlemen, are we in agreement?" Talleyrand asked as he lifted a glass of champaign.
"Indeed!" Alexander responded, giddy with delight.
"To a new Europe!" von Hardenberg lifted his glass
"To a new Europe!" the other men said in unison, clinking their glasses together.

"THAT TWO FACED RAT BASTARD!" Metternich took his anger out on the wall of his villa. He'd been in a rage not seen before, and his servants hadn't dared disturb him.
"AND THAT COWARD. THE COWARDLY BRITISH. GOD! GOD DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!" Metternich picked up his chair and launched it at the wall, causing the chair to shatter. "What am I to tell Francis?" for the first time in perhaps three decades, Metternich wept. "I have failed my country...no...NO THEY did!" his weeping returning to anger, he banged his fist onto the table. "I shall not surrender. Austrians never surrender. No matter what the ink on the treaty says, I'll keep fighting. Fighting for my country. For Austria!" After downing an entire bottle of wine, Metternich set out to the meeting room to sign that cursed treaty.

We will return to America next chapter to see how Tecumseh is doing.

Madison had allowed a resident of Quebec (Albeit one more sympathetic to America) by the name of François Blanchet be their Governor.
Do you have more information on this fellow? I can't seem to find anything about him, online, or in print, beyond the current leader of Bloc Québécois.

Last edited:
Do you have more information on this fellow? I can't seem to find anything about him, online, or in print, beyond the current leader of Bloc Québécois.
Here is his wikipedia article
He was a Quebecois physician and member of legislative assembly where he supported the "Parti Canadien", which supported liberal reforms.
Looking through it's notable members, François Blanchet was the only one that was A. Above 35, and B. Wasn't a captain or general on the British side during the War of 1812.
He was a military doctor, though.

The Election of 1816
John Quincy Adams stepped onto New York Harbor, giddy to finally be free from the constant, nauseating boat ride. Upon hopping off the ship the the roaring crowd, praising Adams as a hero for his work in Stockholm, he recognized a man from the crowd.
"Mr. Rufus!" Adams called out.
"Mr. Adams! How was Stockholm my friend?" King asked in between coughs. His cold had been raging on for a week.
"Simply beautiful! I was treated with the utmost respect and treated to the finest luxuries Sweden had to offer. Nothing beats Braintree, however."
King let out a laugh, "Indeed. I'm glad you had a good time. Now, come come. I have...private matters to discuss." King ushered Adams to follow him, and led Adams to his lodging, sitting him down in his library.
"It's over, Adams." King said after a large sigh.
"What is over? A-Are you dying good sir?" Adams stood up halfway and leaned towards King, worry on his face
"No, no. I'm a man of 41...I have a good twenty years left at least. My political career, meanwhile..." King looked down.
"Your...political career?" Adams tilted his head.
"The Federalist Party is dead, Adams. With such a raging victory...and our opposition. It's all over."
"That is...most depressing. However...I am not a Federalist...so why are you telling me this?"
"I've discussed with my colleagues, we decided to not run a candidate for the executive. Rather, I think it's for the best we get one sympathetic to us."
"Surely, you don't mean..." Adams let out a nervous chuckle
"Yes. We would like you to run, Mr. Adams."
"I...I don't..."
"It's ok...just think about it. Now...what have you been reading?"

At the Democratic Republican's Presidential caucus, it became clear that Monroe would not be winning the nomination. The north (And Louisiana) was firmly behind Adams, he could thank Governors Snyder and Tompkins for that, and Secretary of War William Crawford had the support of the south. All Monroe had was Virginia. It was up to Monroe to decide the candidate, a difficult decision made even more difficult by his contradictory orders. Madison had encouraged Monroe to support Crawford, while Thomas Jefferson told him to support Adams. Jefferson didn't agree with Adams on a lot, but he loved the boy like a son[1]. Ultimately, for the sake of the south, Monroe supported Crawford and ensured him the nomination.
For Vice President, Nathaniel Macon was selected. This would prove to be a mistake.
Two southerners on the ticket outraged the north, and some northern state parties chose Quincy Adams as their candidate (With DeWitt Clinton as their candidate). In response, various southern states removed John Quincy Adams' name from the ballot. Because of this, the election lay solely in the hands of a few states. Delaware, ever the Federalist stronghold, went to Adams. Lousiana split it's electoral votes, 2 for Crawford, 1 for Adams. Maryland went to Adams by a slim
1701198938125.png
400 votes (Around 3%). Jersey and Ohio would go to Adams (Ohio by a similar margin to Maryland), while Crawford was declared the victor in Indiana. 108 for Adams, and 84 for Crawford. Adams was one vote away, and it all came down to Pennsylvania. Whoever would win the state, would become the next President. The nation waited with bated breath. Adams was the first to be made aware when his father visited him with the news.
"The votes are in...twenty-one thousand five hundred and seventy-eight votes for Mr. Crawford...and twenty-one thousand six hundred and sixty-three votes for you. Congratulations, my son. You win by eighty-five votes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say there was outrage would be an understatement. An election decided by eighty-five votes all because of sectional pride. Jefferson would call the election "A disgrace, undemocratic, and a betrayal of our republican values." The election was decided by states, not the people, and called into question the entire idea of how Americans of the day voted. Soon, a new movement would begin. A movement of Populism.

John Quincy Adams gave his inaugural address to a rowdy crowd who booed and cheered as he called for sectional harmony.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] - During his time in Paris, teenaged JQA would visit Jefferson often, and became something of an assistant.

Bonjour, Hello
Elisa Bonaparte tried her best to not cringe at her new servant ramble on. Yes, it was french, but as Elisa would write in her diary "It was a most undignified French...could hardly be considered language." She would have to get used to it, after all, everyone speaks like that in Quebec. After the conversation, she looked out at the expansive yard. There, she could see young Napoleon II running around with a stick he found, yelling about "An army of 100,000 British men!" before swinging the stick wildly around. She laughed. The manor just outside of Quebec City was huge, it had to carry numerous Bonapartes, after all. The decision to move to Quebec was made for numerous reasons. Joseph was the one who first proposed the idea, and convinced his family over the course of a month. For Jerome, he sought to own his own factory. Louis was intrigued by the idea of trade. Elisa was happy to just retire. After a few hours of relaxing in the study, Elisa received a letter from one of the servants. The Bonapartes were invited to President Adams' July 4th party. Notably absent from the manor, besides the exiled man himself, was Lucien. Lucien moved into Quebec City and began his plan to become a politician. Quebec was set to become a state soon.

"Watch and learn..." George Washington Adams said smugly, nudging his younger brother John. John watched his older brother approach a young lady from across the yard.
"Good evening, madame." George said, extending his hand, "George Washington Adams. Pleasure."
The woman smiled, and shook his hand, "Christine. Christine Bonaparte."
George took a step back, "A Bonaparte?!"
"Yes yes." Christine sighed.
"Well, never could I imagine such a beauty could be a Bonaparte." George said after composing himself. Christine blushed slightly.
"What? French girls don't catch your fancy?"
"Not from what grandpa and grandma have told me." George said, looking at her as if begging her to ask who his grandparents are.
"Oh? And who are your grandparents. I might have to have a word with them." Christine giggled.
"Yeah...just John and Abigail Adams."
"Ah! So you ARE the President's kid!"
"How...could you tell?" George was taken aback.
"You look a lot like him!"
"Is...that a good thing?" George's face turned to one of worry.
"I dunno, is it?" Christine took George's hand. It was now his turn to blush.
"Do...you want to dance?" George finally asked.
"I'd be delighted too..." Christine whispered, as the two locked arms.

Once the party was over, the Adams family settled back into the White House.
"George dear? May I ask who that charming young lady was?" Louisa Adams asked with a smile as she sat next to her son.
"Oh it was no one...just NAPOLEON'S NIECE!" George exclaimed with pride and a hint of arrogance
"Goodness!" Louisa was now fully intrigued
"Yes, and what a lady she is! Refined, intelligent, and oh so beautiful."
At this point, John Quincy Adams had entered to investigate the yelling. "What young lady?"
"Oh John! It's Na-" George cut his mother off
"NAPOLEON'S NIECE CHRISTINE!"
"..." John Quincy Adams had a look of surprise, "...I'll...see you tomorrow. Good night son. Louisa, come to bed won't you?"
"Dad aren't you proud of me?" George asked, still energetic and giddy.
"I...um...yes. Yes I am son. Now...let's get to bed why don't we?"

"You danced with the President's son." Lucien clarified as he listens to his daughter's announcement.
"Yes father! And what a charming man he is, indeed! Oh and he's soooo full of himself...reminds me of uncle." Christine seemed lost in thought
"That's...a good thing?" Lucien confusingly asked.
"Yes...it shows he's confident...but I still made him most flustered and nervous! He's charmed by me, I just know!"
"Yes yes, but pride is most sinful." Lucien's tone changed to one of scolding.
"Oh how I would love to get lost in sin with him, in my bedchamber especially..." Christine blushed and a wide smile grew.
"Christine! You take that lustful, indecent talk out of your mouth!" Lucien scolded, "You better pray for forgiveness! Or else you and your...Georgey..." Lucien emphasized Georgey with disgust, "Will end up in different layers of hellfire!"
Christine rolled her eyes and did the sign of the cross, before she skipped to the manor. Lucien, now alone, retired to his study for the rest of the evening. A servant brought a letter to him, which he opened after a few hours.

"Lucien Bonaparte, I am sure you can assume why I would be writing this letter to you. It's all my son can talk about, and I'm sure the same goes for your daughter. So, I do ask most honorable Lucien, would you and your family like to attend a dinner at the White House?
-President J.Q. Adams"

Elisa Bonaparte tried her best to not cringe at her new servant ramble on. Yes, it was french, but as Elisa would write in her diary "It was a most undignified French...could hardly be considered language." She would have to get used to it, after all, everyone speaks like that in Quebec. After the conversation, she looked out at the expansive yard. There, she could see young Napoleon II running around with a stick he found, yelling about "An army of 100,000 British men!" before swinging the stick wildly around. She laughed. The manor just outside of Quebec City was huge, it had to carry numerous Bonapartes, after all. The decision to move to Quebec was made for numerous reasons. Joseph was the one who first proposed the idea, and convinced his family over the course of a month. For Jerome, he sought to own his own factory. Louis was intrigued by the idea of trade. Elisa was happy to just retire. After a few hours of relaxing in the study, Elisa received a letter from one of the servants. The Bonapartes were invited to President Adams' July 4th party. Notably absent from the manor, besides the exiled man himself, was Lucien. Lucien moved into Quebec City and began his plan to become a politician. Quebec was set to become a state soon.

"Watch and learn..." George Washington Adams said smugly, nudging his younger brother John. John watched his older brother approach a young lady from across the yard.
"Good evening, madame." George said, extending his hand, "George Washington Adams. Pleasure."
The woman smiled, and shook his hand, "Christine. Christine Bonaparte."
George took a step back, "A Bonaparte?!"
"Yes yes." Christine sighed.
"Well, never could I imagine such a beauty could be a Bonaparte." George said after composing himself. Christine blushed slightly.
"What? French girls don't catch your fancy?"
"Not from what grandpa and grandma have told me." George said, looking at her as if begging her to ask who his grandparents are.
"Oh? And who are your grandparents. I might have to have a word with them." Christine giggled.
"Yeah...just John and Abigail Adams."
"Ah! So you ARE the President's kid!"
"How...could you tell?" George was taken aback.
"You look a lot like him!"
"Is...that a good thing?" George's face turned to one of worry.
"I dunno, is it?" Christine took George's hand. It was now his turn to blush.
"Do...you want to dance?" George finally asked.
"I'd be delighted too..." Christine whispered, as the two locked arms.

Once the party was over, the Adams family settled back into the White House.
"George dear? May I ask who that charming young lady was?" Louisa Adams asked with a smile as she sat next to her son.
"Oh it was no one...just NAPOLEON'S NIECE!" George exclaimed with pride and a hint of arrogance
"Goodness!" Louisa was now fully intrigued
"Yes, and what a lady she is! Refined, intelligent, and oh so beautiful."
At this point, John Quincy Adams had entered to investigate the yelling. "What young lady?"
"Oh John! It's Na-" George cut his mother off
"NAPOLEON'S NIECE CHRISTINE!"
"..." John Quincy Adams had a look of surprise, "...I'll...see you tomorrow. Good night son. Louisa, come to bed won't you?"
"Dad aren't you proud of me?" George asked, still energetic and giddy.
"I...um...yes. Yes I am son. Now...let's get to bed why don't we?"

"You danced with the President's son." Lucien clarified as he listens to his daughter's announcement.
"Yes father! And what a charming man he is, indeed! Oh and he's soooo full of himself...reminds me of uncle." Christine seemed lost in thought
"That's...a good thing?" Lucien confusingly asked.
"Yes...it shows he's confident...but I still made him most flustered and nervous! He's charmed by me, I just know!"
"Yes yes, but pride is most sinful." Lucien's tone changed to one of scolding.
"Oh how I would love to get lost in sin with him, in my bedchamber especially..." Christine blushed and a wide smile grew.
"Christine! You take that lustful, indecent talk out of your mouth!" Lucien scolded, "You better pray for forgiveness! Or else you and your...Georgey..." Lucien emphasized Georgey with disgust, "Will end up in different layers of hellfire!"
Christine rolled her eyes and did the sign of the cross, before she skipped to the manor. Lucien, now alone, retired to his study for the rest of the evening. A servant brought a letter to him, which he opened after a few hours.

"Lucien Bonaparte, I am sure you can assume why I would be writing this letter to you. It's all my son can talk about, and I'm sure the same goes for your daughter. So, I do ask most honorable Lucien, would you and your family like to attend a dinner at the White House?
-President J.Q. Adams"
Bonaparte in America I love it. Will Napoleon’s offspring be attending West Point by chance?