The Whale has Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concrete boat is an interesting idea though if what you want is more a mobile air base than an aircraft carrier. Habbakuk has at least one other advantage though - if the hull does get cracked then the stuff pouring through the breach is also the material you need to patch it. Repair under way will be somewhat more complex with a concrete hull...

isnt that what habakkuk is anyways? a mobile airbase.
the concrete version would be a much better long term investment though.

could move it to any hotspot where you would need it.

No too speak that from what I remember the project called for the ship made mostly solid and be kept at northern latitudes, while the ship made for mythbusters was made from thin planks, and tested in California.
Actually it was made from newspaper, and wasn't more than a couple of inches thick.

Last edited:
On the advice of my Solicitor

I would like to sincerely and unreservedly apologise for any mention or reference to Habakkuk. This was in no way intended to serve as a excuse for a wild digression into totally non relevant and non humorous topics totally unrelated to TTL or to provide Astrodragon with an excuse to drink beer, cider, pear based drinks or coffee, have a life or otherwise delay from the posting of the next update in the ongoing saga of the Whale Has Wings.

Hmmmm, Usertron has a good point. By the way, have the FAA's roundels been changed to the Far East version yet - like this?

I missed this. No way do the veteran air crews of the IJN mistake this for the Stars and Bars of USN aircraft insignia. Also, doesn't the FAA in Force Z include liquid-cooled engined aircraft? If so, that alone will be an eye-popping indicator for those Jap pilots! AFAIK, the USN had precisely ZERO such engines in use on carriers.

So, what would be the roundel colors in the deep reaches of the Pacific Ocean? Reversed colors of this? Sky blue outer circle with deep navy blue center?:cool:

Last edited:
flashes the dragon signal

dragonsignal2.gif

flashes the dragon signal

In the immortal words of those great English Seers and Philosophers,

Monty Python & The Flying Circus:

SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM!
SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM!
SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM!
SPAM-SPAM-SP-A-A-A-M...SPAM!!

Now THIS is a spamming post :p

Last edited:
This is not a food post

115 posts, 6 pages, 1 week, and NO UPDATES!!!:mad:

In the immortal words of those great English Seers and Philosophers,

Monty Python & The Flying Circus:

SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM!
SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM!
SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM!
SPAM-SPAM-SP-A-A-A-M...SPAM!!

Now THIS is a spamming post :p
You couldn't have made it a Spam, bacon, sausage, Spam, egg, baked beans, Spam, Spam & Spam post, UT? :p
*Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spammity spam, spammity spam!*
SHUT UP! Bloody vikings... ;)

Legal disclaimer: the party known as AndyF hereby denies responsibility or liability for any further posts on this subject & further refuses culpability for continuance of said irrelevance, referring all correspondents to aforementioned off-topic thread. You have been warned.

Come on AD, it's getting desperate out here... :(

Last edited:
I am all for Astro's delay, given the fact that TTL Midway could very well result in the near annihilation of the entire Japanese Fleet leaving Japan's new empire all but helpless to defend itself against powerful USN and RN squadrons the butterfly's that this represents means that the very nature of TTL's WW2 is changed. Japan could sue for peace by the end of 1942 after a combined taskforce of USS Enterprise, USS Essex and HMS Audacious, HMS Irresistible bombs Tokyo and Tokyo Bay on December 7th 1942.

The more time Astro takes to work out the butterfly's the better as it means we will get a much more enjoyable timeline, my own TL i am taking my time as little butterfly's have a much greater effect than i originally realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.