The Star Wars Galaxy Base Map

I decided to actually make a thread for this because if I just post them, its a lot of images. Anyway, I have several different versions of my Star Wars base map for how ever you want to use them The main versions are small planets (1 pixel each with border) and big planets (2x2 pixels with borders except Coruscant which is 3x3) These maps are all based from the Star Wars Essential Atlas, so they are cannon for Expanded Universe (now called Legends). None of the maps are labeled but you can see the map I based them off here. I have also included no background versions for if you want a different galaxy picture for the background.

Without further ado, here's my dump of maps, enjoy:
Small planets:
star_wars_small_planets_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5nu.png

Small planets, no grid:
star_wars_small_planets_no_grid_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5oc.png

Small planets, no background:
star_wars_small_planets_no_background_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5oh.png

Small planets, no background, no grid:
star_wars_small_planets_no_background_no_grid_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5oj.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big planets:
star_wars_big_planets_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5mg.png

Big planets, no grid:
star_wars_big_planets_no_grid_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5n0.png

Big planets, no background:
star_wars_big_planets_no_background_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5n4.png

Big planets, no background, no grid:
star_wars_big_planets_no_background_no_grid_by_zanzibar42-d7wk5n8.png

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Nice work!

I know it's EU canon now but I never liked that arrangement with the Unknown Regions all along one side of the galaxy, it doesn't make sense to me. It's clear from Timothy Zahn's original books that introduce the Unknown Regions that the idea was supposed to be that only the middle part of the galaxy was explored and settled, and the Unknown Regions were supposed to be the far Rim around the edges in all directions.

It would make more sense that way. To give layout credit though, the arms and around the edges seem to be rather unexplored.