160 skilled craftsmen were ordered to create an underground palace beneath the Forbidden City's gardens. In contrast with the beauty of the Forbidden City's ornate structures, this was a palace with walls of cold, undecorated stone, where utilitarianism reigned supreme. Torches illuminated rooms filled with torture racks and execution cauldrons. Ledgers recorded the names of each official under the Emperor's employ. The misdeeds and virtues of each official would be cataloged and reviewed, their friendships and rivalries mapped out by diligent eunuchs. The Neiwufu began with just 20 eunuchs Tao'kwang considered loyal and trustworthy; by 1830 it had swelled to 300; and by Tao'kwang's death in 1858, 650 eunuchs were stationed across the length and breadth of China.
Out of curiosity, is this inspired by the Dai Li from Avatar?

Out of curiosity, is this inspired by the Dai Li from Avatar?
More in reverse, chinese literature is full of secret police.
Ah. Less so anime than OTL's Eastern Depot, which were Ming China's eunuch secret service extraordinare. Pretty much what Nivek's saying here. Haven't had the time to watch Avatar:TLA, though it's there on my to-watch-list.

Legalism would probably grow rather popular in China--the earlier Qing Emperors, Yongzheng in particular did practice absolutism, which legalism favours. For the to Qing go full-on legalist (Death penalty for everything! Executions for days!) would be a logical next step.

--

GUNS AND SHIPS
China in the 19th Century-Part III

"Our Celestial Empire possesses all things in prolific abundance and lacks no product within its borders. There is, therefore, no need to import the manufactures of foreign barbarians in exchange for our own produce." - Emperor Qianlong, 1792

2ec8d20bcec04e80b63e7144dfdb71de.jpeg

James Brooke arrives at the court of the Tao'kwang Emperor
The China James Brooke found himself imprisoned within in the spring of 1831 was as it always had been. Dynasties would wax and wane periodically, with occasional periods of anarchy and collapse. In 1831, it appeared as if the Qing Empire was on it's way to recovery. Though Emperor Tao'kwang had been a harsh ruler, he had at least been an able ruler who could get what he wanted. Beyond the expected purging of corruption, Tao'kwang had been able to massively expand the bureaucracy's reach into the countryside, curbing--though not eliminating--the autonomy of the rural gentry. Taxes placed upon the Chinese citizenry, rural or urban could be effectively collected, strengthening the Qing's financial situation.

However, there is a fundamental difference between the state's financial situation and it's economic situation. The Qing's fundamental economic ailments: an unreliable, fluctuating currency, the lack of urbanization and an economy stuck in the Renaissance. These had not been solved. It could be said that Tao'kwang had unwittingly gifted his successors the tools with which to drag China into the modern age--all that was needed was the willpower and vision to do so. So far, there had been little reason to fundamentally change the way China worked. There had been no wake-up call that China had been left behind in the dust.

"China is a land of contradictions." Brooke wrote whilst on his way to see the Emperor, "In the lands of Canton, European boulevards line the streets; the winds of trade and commerce blow free in this mystical gem of the orient. The latest goings-on in Europe can be read in French gazettes; and the Chinaman seems learned and sophisticated. Yet should you proceed inland, poverty lines the streets. Families dressed in rags that have never left their villages gawk at European travellers, and the most barbarous, uncouth side of the yellow menace is revealed."

In 1832, James Brooke along with 20 other British exiles from the former Indian Empire arrived in Beijing. They were made to kneel and perform the kow-tow, which they performed dutifully. In broken Chinese, Brooke listed out all the misdeeds and crimes the exiles had committed whilst in China, begging for their forgiveness. Tao'kwang was a harsh man in most circumstances, but an inquisitive spark pushed Tao'kwang to find out more about these strange men from across the sea. Ultimately, the English exiles were allowed to walk free provided they stay in Beijing for the next 5 years, never proselytize and teach the princes all they knew.

James Brooke would stay in China until his death in 1871.

NEMESIS: THE FIRST SINO-DUTCH WAR
In 1852, China celebrated the 70th Birthday of the Tao'kwang Emperor, a celebration with all the pomp and circumstance the occasion deserved. Elsewhere in the world, other monarchs had more practical concerns. Louis Napoleon I, King of Holland, ruled over a growing power that had just begun to spread her wings across the world. Following the anarchist assassinations that shook the House of Bonaparte, any thought of a "liberal empire" was abandoned, and nations like Holland backtracked on what little humanity they had treated their colonial subjects with. The name of the game in the Dutch East Indies was civilization--to bring the local sultanates, Emirates and all other authorities under the direct colonial rule of the Dutch crown. Louis Napoleon was determined to earn Holland her place in the sun.

Though the Kingdom of Holland claimed suzerainty over all of the East Indies, there was a key problem: the Chinese. Chinese settlers had occupied much of maritime Southeast Asia for hundreds of years and had never seen any reason to acknowledge Dutch sovereignty. A merchant republic known as the Lanfang Republic had made its presence known near the Dutch settlement of Pontianak, uniting the Chinese settlements through a series of diplomatic successes. As far as Amsterdam knew, the Chinese had no intent of bending the knee.

It was September 1857. An emissary from the Qing Emperor arrived in the Lanfang city of Dongwanli, announcing that China had accepted tribute from the Lanfang Republic. From here on in, the Republic was to be placed under the Qing Empire's protection. Without waiting for instructions from Amsterdam, the Dutch garrison at Pontianak marched out of their barracks and towards the Chinese settlements in an effort at "native pacification" before the Qing Empire could begin projecting power into Holland's sphere of influence. The Chinese could very well have put up a fight--unfortunately, clan conflicts between the Teochews, Hakkas and Cantonese settlers meant that the Republic had never had any coordinated plan of defense. Each settlement was in effect, on its own. The Dutch marched from village to village, shot up their meager garrisons, ransacked the settlements, raped the women and burnt all the huts (as was standard procedure). The Dutch stopped only at the Bruneian border, as the Sultan's emissary arrived to loudly proclaim Brunei's loyalty to the Dutch crown.

58e171ff15d5e32c8884146f7598d2a2--army-infantry-leger.jpg

A Dutch colonial soldier
As news reached Tao'kwang of the incident, the Emperor cared very little at first. Lanfang was not by any measure a prominent tributary of the Qing Empire, meaning that a full-scale war to protect them amounted to a simple waste of time and resources. The Emperor had more urgent matters to attend to--such as being bedridden from a nasty bout of the flu. Tao'kwang issued a ban on all Dutch traders from entering China and believed that this was the end of the matter.

In 1858, orders arrived at the Dutch colonial headquarters in Batavia. Louis Napoleon I had ordered that Dutch forces invade the former Dutch colony of Formosa. This was in direct violation of the World Congress of Berlin's 1832 edict for a pan-European invasion of China, and Louis Napoleon knew it. Citing that Formosa had once been governed by the Dutch East India company before their untimely expulsion in 1662, Louis Napoleon simply stated that Formosa was naturally, part of the Dutch East Indies, and therefore not beholden to the World Congress' ruling.

And so, with the (begrudging) blessing of Napoleon II, 15,000 Dutchmen from the mainland and colonies alike gathered at the port of Singapore, where they were joined by 5,000 Rajput Sepoys in a show of "Napoleanic solidarity". The fleet arrived in the port of Keelung and landed virtually unopposed, as the Qing Empire had never quite seen the necessity of a navy. The Dutch fleet pounded Keelung into rubble and dismantled what little fortifications there were.

A second detachment arrived in the city of Kaohsiung, which unlike Keelung did have some advance warning. Kaohsiung was also a significantly larger settlement and was therefore far better fortified. The approaching Dutch fleet suffered heavy artillery fire and lost the frigates HHMS Abel Tasman and HHMS Borneo. Still, Kaohsiung fell once the Dutch marines landed, and by late 1858, most of Formosa was under Dutch control.

The Dutch fleet imposed a blockade upon China and Vietnam, but this move had limited effect on the two economically isolated nations. The blow that forced the Qing Empire to the negotiating table was not dealt by Holland--it was dealt by mother nature. In December 1860, Emperor Tao'kwang passed away at the age of 78.

a83a243a-3f13-11e8-b6d9-57447a4b43e5_4000x1584_100848.JPG
The Battle of Kaohsiung
The new Emperor was one 27-year-old Aisin Gioro Yixin, better known to China-watchers (the few China-watchers there were at the time) as Prince Kung. The Prince had notably taken under his wing James Brooke of India and was said to speak intelligible French. Many in the imperial court called him "Devilish six", for being the sixth son to Emperor Tao'kwang and a rare enthusiast for the culture of the Western devils. Prince Kung took the regnal name Ming'zhi--the Emperor of Enlightened Governance.

After some haggling, threatening and backing down, "Devilish Six" signed a peace treaty with the Dutch, formally "purchasing" the island of Formosa in return for a 5-year truce and the resumption of Dutch trading rights in China. This had coincided with the rebellion of the Sultan of Brunei, which enabled Ming'zhi to reduce the number of concessions China had to give out.

065091995817aa07b2476e902000451a--openness-qing-dynasty.jpg

Prince Kung, later the Ming'zhi Emperor
Ming'zhi was not a popular Emperor. His association with many of the Indian exiles garnered him a bad reputation amongst Conservative forces at court. Luckily for Ming'zhi, his father's infamous Neiwufu had prevented most dissenters from being too outspoken or organized in expressing their opinions. Ming'zhi did the necessary purging of officials too powerful for his tastes, then set to work governing an empire.

Ming'zhi was a different man from his father: that was made abundantly clear when Ming'zhi appeared before all his officials at his very first meeting at court. Ming'zhi wanted to not just be feared, but to be respected by all of China. The court historian was ordered to commission a portrait of the Emperor--not just any portrait, a photographic portrait. The photograph was colorized and sent across the four corners of the Emperor, to every township, every tribe, every village, and every city. An elder was required to hold high the Emperor's portrait, kneel to it thrice and bow nine times; followed by the members of his community. The elder would then stand and read out the Emperor's sacred commandments,

"By order of heaven, the Emperor's edict reads: My saintly father, the Emperor Tao'kwang has taken the form of a dragon and returned to heaven. Despite his passing, the Emperor Tao'kwang's orders still stand. I hereby command all subjects in all under heaven devote themselves to these laws.

• Behave generously toward your family to promote harmony and peace.
    • Cultivate peace within the neighborhood to prevent quarrels and lawsuits.
    • Honor the scholar with all your spirit.
    • Wipe out strange beliefs to elevate the correct doctrine.
    • Elucidate the laws in order to warn the ignorant and obstinate.
    • Work diligently in your chosen callings to quiet your ambitions.
    • Instruct sons and younger brothers with dilligence.
    • Hold back false accusations to safeguard the good and honest.
    • Join together in hundreds and tithings to end theft and robbery.
    • Free yourself from enmity and anger."
Sessions would be held where aspiring scholars came forth to explain the meaning behind each of the 10 edicts, exalting the Emperor's love of his people. In the first years of his rule, the Emperor spent lavishly on new temples for traditional Chinese heroes--Han Chinese heroes. To many of his people, the Emperor was adored for his humility, loved for his fatherly instructions, honored for his great vision. The Emperor was a saint. The Emperor grew closer to his Han Chinese subjects than his Manchu, Mongol nobility. Non-Hans were alienated and forgotten as if the Manchus no longer ruled China.

To the nobility, the Emperor had abandoned his Manchu-Mongolic roots. The Emperor had infringed on their ancestral, historic rights. If the Neiwufu would have each of the nobles executed, then so be it. The nobility would fight to the death to protect their ancestral privileges.

Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif

Here's a very fun, not-so-serious story. Obviously not canon or anything, lol.

I Love Lucy!

ILoveLucyTitleScreen.jpg

I Love Lucy was a popular PB show in the Union from 1955-1961. It detailed the story of fictional ORRA Commander Desmond Custer Smith and his Carolinian born wife, Lucille Amanda Chesterfield, as they comedically struggled to overcome the cultural differences between their two nations in the pursuit of "the perfect marriage and perfect children." They often got involved in wacky hijinks with their landlords, the Kings, a black couple from New York. Below is part of the script from Season 2, Episode 3, "Desmond's Old Girlfriend."

[Enter Desmond]

Desmond:
Lucy, I'm home! What's for dinner

[Lucy quickly hides Normanist pamphlet entitled "Norman Gals Always Win: How to Keep Your Man Away from Anglo-Saxon Ladies]

Lucy:
Bratwurst and sauerkraut dear, just like you asked! I even got those good ones you love!

Desmond:
Oh, you mean Colonel Goodyear's Best Brats? I love Colonel Goodyear's Best Brats, especially since they only cost 15 cents a pack!

Lucy:
Those are the ones! I love Goodyear's Best Brats too! So flavorful! Anyway, how was your day dear?

Desmond:
Exciting! Comrade-Patriot Emily Campbell got transferred to my office from Redemption! It's been ages since I saw her.

Lucy:
Emily Campbell... Where do I remember that name from?

Desmond:
Oh, we served together in Canada. I probably mentioned her a couple times.

Lucy:
Weren't you two an item during the war?

Desmond:
That was ages ago. We were both young, stupid, and afraid of the enemy. It's ancient history.

[Lucy's eyes darken with jealousy, before she hides her expression]

Lucy:
I'm sure dear! Brats?

Desmond:
Of course, I'm starving....

Another scene from the same episode:

[Desmond enters in his dress uniform]

Desmond:
Now listen Lucy. I know that Normanist nonsense about the Negroes isn't fully out of your head yet, but the Kings are coming over for our fancy dress party, and you WILL be polite. Got it?

[Lucy cooing over her dashing war hero husband]

Lucy:
Alright dear, if you insist. Still I don't know why y'all put up with those darn ni-

[Enter Martin and Amanda King]

Martin:
Desmond, Lucy! How are you?

[Lucy turns around slightly shocked. Desmond stifles a laugh]

Lucy:
Martin, Amanda, it's nice to see you again.

Desmond:
Let me show you two into the kitchen. Oh and Lucy, Emily is stopping by, so you can finally meet her! You'll get along swell! She absolutely adored those cookies you made for the office!

[Lucille smiles at her husband, then turns to camera. Her smile takes on a murderous quality]

Lucy:
Oh, I wonder how much she'll like my new cookies, with my special ingredient!

[Lucy grabs a box reading "Colonel Goodyear's Extra-Strength Laxatives." Cut to black]

The episode's final scene:

[Desmond sits behind his desk, looking quite angry]

[Enter Lucy]

Desmond:
Sit down Lucy.

[Lucy sits, a sad look on her face]

Lucy:
Desmond, I'm so sorry! Are you mad at me?

Desmond:
Of course I'm mad! You made my colleague poop herself during a presentation to the High Commander! It embarrassed the whole Legion! Why?

Lucy:
I... I was jealous! I was jealous and scared!

Desmond:
What? Why?

Lucy:
Because she's your old flame! Plus, she looks like the winner of Miss Anglo-Saxon! With her stupid green eyes and her stupid brown hair and all those war medals! I'm just another Carolinian Southron Belle.

Desmond:
Two things Lucy. First of all, we've been over this, you're an American now. Secondly, when I married you, I entered into a sacred covenant between you, me, Jehovah, and the Prophet, All Hail His Name. A covenant built on love and affection! I would never betray that.

Lucy:
I guess you're right. I'm sorry darling, I know you'd never betray me or our Prophet, All Hail His Name.

Desmond:
Now, I invited Emily in here so you can apologize. Think you can do that?

[Lucy nods]

[Enter Emily Campbell, a gorgeous ORRA war hero, and pure example of Pinnacle Womanhood]

Emily:
Comrade-Patriot Smith, you called me?

Desmond:
Yes Comrade-Patriot Campbell, please sit down.

[Emily takes a seat, wary]

Desmond:
Comrade-Patriot, I think my lovely wife Lucy has something to say to you.

Lucy:
Comrade-Patriot, I'm sorry that I laced those cookies I made you with Goodyear Extra-Strength Laxatives. They really clean you out! Anyway, I was afraid you would steal my Desmond from me because you're so beautiful and strong! Like one of those Pinnacle Women I keep hearing about on the PB!

Emily:
Comrade-Patriot I accept your apology. You just wanted to safeguard your marriage, and I respect that. Tell ya what, why don't us gals go get some delicious Sweet Victory and we can talk about getting you into Pinnacle form!

Lucy:
Well golly, that sounds swell! Desmond, do you mind dear?

Desmond:
That sounds wonderful ladies, but you'll have to wait until after Comrade-Patriot Campbell gets off work. We can't go slacking off now! That's how the Papists win! ALL HAIL VICTORY!

Emily and Lucy:
ALL HAIL VICTORY!

american-actor-john-wayne-acting-in-the-fighting-seeabees-1944-picture-id158744343

ORRA Commander Desmond Custer Smith, played by Marion Mitchell Morrison (AKA John Wayne)

eddy-duchin-story-kim-novak-1956_a-G-5106202-8363143.jpg

His wife Lucy Amanda Chesterfield, played by Emily Elizabeth Campbell

ava.jpg

Angela Johnson, WAC Hero, ORRA Commander and Mrs. Pinnacle Mother, who guest started as Emily Campbell.

1437153158483_D0353-560x713.jpg

Samuel Davis II, the musician/actor who played Martin King, pictured with Richard Nixon.

nothing set ahead of the TL, you know the rules

The first post says no serious fiction. Things like the Patriot-Saints songs, or in this case, a fun little story parodying an OTL TV show, should be ok. If Napo disagrees, I'll obviously take it down and save it.

Love the updates on Charleston and the Boots Corporation. Reading about evil businessmen is fun.

By the way, I'm feeling really creative this Christmas. I was wondering which of the following you people would like to see first:
  1. The life and times of James Brooke
  2. The Second Sino-Dutch War
They both cover roughly the same time period, so you won't be missing out on anything no matter which one I do first.

Last edited:
Love the updates on Charleston and the Boots Corporation though. Reading about evil businessmen is fun.

By the way, I'm feeling really creative this Christmas. I was wondering which of the following you people would like to see first:
Put me down for Brooke!

Random thought I had for that Reverse!Madness thing...please let me know if this is interesting or is too far removed from the original purpose of this thi=read, @Napoleon53 ! :)
---------
The Equalist Manifesto.

“Let the ruling classes tremble at an Equalist revolution, as the King trembled when he heard of the revolt of the first Sons of Liberty. The common folk have nothing to lose but their chains, and they have a world to win. Workers and peasants of all countries unite! Awake, you Sons of Liberty, for the future is coming, and it is equal!"
--Abraham Lincoln, The Equalist Manifesto, page 1.

You are horrified at our intending to do away with social standing. But in your existing society, social standing is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of artificial and arbitrary value, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any such value for the immense majority of society.

In one word, you reproach us with intending to do away with your order. Precisely so: that is just what we intend.

--Abraham Lincoln, The Equalist Manifesto, page 4.

"We seek nothing less than the abolition of nationhood, with allegiance to race and faith replaced by allegiance to country and ideal. The former are things of the old world, un-Biblical and too easily manipulated by men respectively, while the latter are things of the new, abstract and encouraging of the social dialogue vital to the eternal progress of society towards its final utopia. We seek a world where the Irishman, the German, the Negro, the Oriental, all call each other brother and work together for the betterment of society. The best of each, rarefied! The worst of each, eliminated! In our new world, no Goodyear will be allowed to abuse New Americans, for they will have a voice with which to challenge him before all of the People. No King will rule and arrogantly claim a divine mandate to rule, for all will know that the voice of God can only be heard through the cacophony of the People's voice. There will be no slaves and masters, no lords and peasants, but People free and equal who choose their leaders from among themselves!"
--Abraham Lincoln, The Equalist Manifesto, page 6.

Rooted in the increasingly radical politics of the Republican Union after the Goodyear-Stevens Affair and the War of Southern Aggression, The Equalist Manifesto is a summary of the utopian ideals of the political movement of radical egalitarianism as Lincoln saw them, as well as something of a memorial to deceased First Consul and fanatical anti-slavery firebrand Thaddeus Stevens, who was assassinated by war criminal Heinrich Wirz while giving a speech in the aftermath of the war.

The Manifesto admits to pro-Quaker bias (Lincoln himself was a somewhat lapsed member of the Society of Friends, and membership in the church of Lucretia Mott was strongly associated with radical sentiment at the time), but asserts that its values are compatible with the 'innate Human spirit' of members of all faiths, and promotes aggressive-for-its-time views of religious tolerance. This may have been a political ploy by Lincoln, given the importance of Irish-American, Greek-American, and African-American brigades in the War of Southern Aggression, and the prominence of Quaker and Catholic faithful among those demographics within the still largely-Protestant Republican Union, but the truth will likely never be known for certain, as Lincoln himself never commented upon the matter. Likewise, Lincoln confesses to potential pro-Old American bias (himself an Old American), but aggressively supports integration and recruitment of New Americans from foreign countries.

Equalism as laid out in the Manifesto calls for the replacement of landed nobility with popularly-elected officials, suppression and gradual elimination of ethnic divides through encouraging voluntary population exchanges (which worked pretty well with the Native Americans but much less so with the Greeks and Irish, who tended to be on one-way migratory routes), and the replacement of private business (seen as corrupt and un-American after Charles Goodyear's infamous attempt to buy a Consular election) with a system of cooperatives or local networks run democratically by those doing the work. Lincoln envisions a system of pseudo-guilds sans hierarchy for these bodies, where those who know their occupation the best tutor new proteges and select leadership from among themselves to represent their body to the nation, with a system of term limits and checks to ensure that one lucky man could not simply buy the loyalty of enough of his fellows to take over the country through corruption. When this system has spread across the American continent and all of its many people have been united in freedom (presumably under the Yankee banner), Lincoln believes, then the first full step towards true utopia will have been taken.

Originally a more moderate member of the Redemptionist Republican Party, Lincoln was radicalized after being taken under the political wing of powerful politician Thaddeus Stevens, a war hawk and radical egalitarian who sought to better the lot of the Republican Union's relatively new but rising black population (acquired from the ruins of Virginia and Maryland in '28), and being introduced to Solomon Northup, a black New Yorker who'd been kidnapped and enslaved by Virginians while on a trading trip, before being rescued during the Union-Virginia War. Increasingly committed to the idea that all of humanity was born with the right to equality, as the divinely-inspired (according to some radical Quakers, anyway) Declaration of Independence of the late, lamented United States stated, Lincoln became a powerhouse on the campaign trail, his steady voice playing clean-up after his firebrand mentor's speeches. Elected Second Consul of the Republic in 1856, Lincoln served in that capacity until Stevens was assassinated in 1861, at which point he became First Consul, leading with what most considered an able and steady hand until his retirement in 1868. After retiring, Lincoln, who had been pushed even further to the left by the prevailing sentiment of post-war Yankeedom and the loss of his beloved friend and mentor, published the Manifesto in an attempt to aid the future steps that America, in his mind, needed to take towards its utopian redemption.
--------------
basically it's anarcho-syndicalism filtered through an American lens with some agrarian councilism thrown in, except with that extra touch of casual mid-19th century racist language thrown in because even Noblebright Timeline Abe Lincoln ain't perfect. very popular in America because fuck the Royalists and fuck corrupt election-thieves, has trouble making it elsewhere due to being too friendly and cuddly to survive under a police state and anybody who wants to be Equal is probably taking advantage of the alt-RU's generous immigration laws anyway.

Love the updates on Charleston and the Boots Corporation. Reading about evil businessmen is fun.

They both cover roughly the same time period, so you won't be missing out on anything no matter which one I do first.
Thanks, I find the idea of Boots being an weird and humorous thing, distorting a rather boring pharmacy company into a evil bastard tea company with a weird ideology is lots of fun to write.

Anyway for me I think the Second Sino-Dutch War, although both sound great. Brooke seems like an interesting fellow no matter what.

(I don't mind as long as Nepal isn't developed, I have plans for it).

I vote number 1.

So I'm planning to write out the entire Boots Corporation Chapter, so it may take a bit. So here are the Major Characters for the next Boots Tea Chapter(Some historical faces here and there) and some quotes for you to chew on:
jesse-boot-1st-baron-trent-ef24d0ac-4dc2-42b5-bd4f-ec555472e87-resize-750.jpeg

Baron Jakob Boot, President of Boots International & Prime Minister of Bootsland
u-g-P94CYX0.jpg

Baroness Anya Jerome-Boot, President of European Branch
ep.owh.wom.0001.01.jpg

Lady Ada Boot President of East Asian Branch with Lady Zhi Ruo-(Boot) Vice President of East Asian Branch
220px-SyedMahmood.jpg

Syed Mahmood, Head of African Branch & Deputy Prime Minister of Bootsland
Some quick quotes:
John Boot, 1875

"A lot of folks will learn of the glory Social Capitalism by the beginning of the new century and for those that don't want to learn, well that's why we bought Coffee Grinders"
Ada Boot, 1884
"Nepal is a wonderful land with wonderful people, especially now that they have been liberated from the terror of Christ. There loyalty and determination will make them the model Boots Employee"
Syed Mahmood, 1896
"Bootsland has been cleansed of any tribes, the rebellious elements have been purged and Social Capitalism is now the law of the land. The workers in time will learn to love us and our goals and they will be happy, healthy and honest"

Last edited: