The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

How can you expect anyone to put a like on this.
It’s brilliantly written.
But how can you like a baby being killed.

I don't feel comfortable giving a like to this update.

I'm not expecting people to like it - although I am glad you've said it's brilliantly written. I realise it might be a bit grim for that.

But the story needs it - and I did warn you earlier on that Henry would have about a 70% success rate when it came to children. This is the first major salvo in that direction.

This could also be enough to put a massive break in Henry and Marys relationship.

Henry putting her close when Mary didn't want him to (i think)

Oh, it is. It really, really is. Their golden honeymoon love has just been rudely shattered (not that they realise that just yet...)

Oh god. . . she did it.

How does she think this ends well for her or her family.

I don't think she is thinking at all, to be honest. Blind ambition and severe postpartum depression are mingling together in her head to make a very, very bitter, twisted, unstable woman...

I think Bessie just well and truly fecked up.

Does she not think though chambers are not watched? Even Tudor physicians should be able to guess cause of death, plus the suspicious timing, known jealousy etc etc.

Bye Bessie you nutjob.

Oh, they'll know. They'll know only too well what's gone on and who's done it. But as @Jammy just said, this is really going to throw Marie and Henry for a loop. I'm hoping to surprise some people with their respective reactions to the news of William's death, while still keeping them (hopefully) relatively realistic...

How can you expect anyone to put a like on this.
It’s brilliantly written.
But how can you like a baby being killed.

Because this written well pulls us into the horror of this little act.

FalconHonour does a wonderful job with these small details, whether it's Anne discovering she's pregnant, or this.

And yes, FalconHonour, you should write a novel.

FalconHonour does a wonderful job with these small details, whether it's Anne discovering she's pregnant, or this.

And yes, FalconHonour, you should write a novel.

Thank you! That's very kind! I won't say I haven't thought about it...

I'm not expecting people to like it - although I am glad you've said it's brilliantly written. I realise it might be a bit grim for that.
Don’t be mistaken I loved it, but feel liking it, is condoning what Bessie has done.

I’m seeing a character more motherly to her own child and destructive to other innocent children, that would make Cersei look like Mother Theresa.

Couldn’t put it better myself. FalconHonour has repaired the reputation of many historical figures, I believed could never be redeemed.

Don’t be mistaken I loved it, but feel liking it, is condoning what Bessie has done.

I’m seeing a character more motherly to her own child and destructive to other innocent children, that would make Cersei look like Mother Theresa.

Couldn’t put it better myself. FalconHonour has repaired the reputation of many historical figures, I believed could never be redeemed.

Would you believe me if I said I wrote this scene long before I ever saw Lena Headey as Cersei? Although - wouldn't Lena be a perfect Bessie Blount? ITTL, at least?

But you really must stop being so kind! You're making me blush! :happyblush:happyblush

Would you believe me if I said I wrote this scene long before I ever saw Lena Headey as Cersei? Although - wouldn't Lena be a perfect Bessie Blount? ITTL, at least?

But you really must stop being so kind! You're making me blush! :happyblush:happyblush
I can believe this as Bessie is going beyond Cersei. At least she used guards to do her bidding.
I can imagine Lena as Bessie.

I’ll stop only because I don’t want the blood running away from your typing hands to your cheeks.