The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Ah...difficult times for poor Maria. Henri seems like an asshole, I know he wants a son but whining to his mistress and smashing goblets isn’t doing anything to help that along. Hopefully Maria gives him a son, and soon. Has Charles d’Orléans died ITTL?

Ah...difficult times for poor Maria. Henri seems like an asshole, I know he wants a son but whining to his mistress and smashing goblets isn’t doing anything to help that along. Hopefully Maria gives him a son, and soon. Has Charles d’Orléans died ITTL?
I never decided what to do about Charles, so I am going to say yes?

To be fair to Henri, Maria is suffering PCOS, which is hurting her chances of conceiving at all, but of course, nobody knows what that is in the sixteenth century...

This is pure irony I am looking forward to Henry VIII reaction he is going to be pissed off looking like Henri you be getting trouble from Hapsburgs and the Tudors in the future. Looking forward to seeing more wish you luck and stay safe.

Just so long as Maria gets a happier life, and doesn't end as sadly as either her life otl, or KoA's otl life. What happened to them both in otl was just about as bad as bad could get...

Just so long as Maria gets a happier life, and doesn't end as sadly as either her life otl, or KoA's otl life. What happened to them both in otl was just about as bad as bad could get...
You realise that in many ways, she already has had a happier life, right? She was never branded a bastard, never forbidden from seeing her mother, and while she might not have a son, she has three young daughters to pour out her maternal tendencies on, which is more than she ever had OTL.

This is pure irony I am looking forward to Henry VIII reaction he is going to be pissed off looking like Henri you be getting trouble from Hapsburgs and the Tudors in the future. Looking forward to seeing more wish you luck and stay safe.
It's actually Dickon who steps up to the plate to defend Maria. I've no doubt he does it under orders from his father, but as he's the one on the ground in Rouen and the two of them are pretty close, he's the one who helps her most, practically speaking.

Since we were all discussing the matter of Brittany so heatedly, I have written the first chapter of my Francis/Mary timeline and posted it, so we have a thread to discuss it on and don't clog this one up too much (yes, I'm aware I was largely to blame for that, haha). Don't expect updates on that one until this one is finished, but it is now up! It can be found here:
A Queen Twice Over

I look forward to seeing you all there for more fun and games!

Thing is, I don't think Henri has the...savvy...for lack of a better word, to pull off when OTL Henry VIII did. If he tries that, it could very well explode in his face, with dire consequences for all...

Thing is, I don't think Henri has the...savvy...for lack of a better word, to pull off when OTL Henry VIII did. If he tries that, it could very well explode in his face, with dire consequences for all...
At the same time, the influence that Henri would wield as King of France would blow OTL Henry VIII out of the water. Like France has far more wealth and influence in the papacy and could easily find the bribe money and friendly Cardinals to get whatever the King wants. The only real risk is if England takes it for the obvious slap in the face it is and decides to go to war over it.

At the same time, the influence that Henri would wield as King of France would blow OTL Henry VIII out of the water. Like France has far more wealth and influence in the papacy and could easily find the bribe money and friendly Cardinals to get whatever the King wants. The only real risk is if England takes it for the obvious slap in the face it is and decides to go to war over it.
There's also the matter of the HRE. Remember, Maria is also related to Charles V, and he might take it ill if she is thus dishonored by France. So...

England and the HRE united against France..?

I hope Mary kills Henri and rules France as regent for her daughter who she marries to the next in line for the throne. A flight down the stairs might be good....

This is a very excellent point. And Henri is no general, not the way TTL Henry is..

Are the Bourbons next up in the succession, then? Can't recall if any of the Capetian lines further up in the succession have avoided extinction ITTL.

Wouldn't it be the OTL Henri IV of Navarre, if Henri doesn't have any son's? Not that he's likely born yet, but you know what I mean. But the French succession is not my forte, so don't quote me on that...

Wouldn't it be the OTL Henri IV of Navarre, if Henri doesn't have any son's? Not that he's likely born yet, but you know what I mean. But the French succession is not my forte, so don't quote me on that...
Yes in 1546 it's Henri's father Antoine. He's not married yet by the way so he can still marry Maria's daughter ;)

I hope Mary kills Henri and rules France as regent for her daughter who she marries to the next in line for the throne. A flight down the stairs might be good....
Maria would NEVER EVER think to do something so horrible, who would damn her soul for the eternity... Henri and Diane are pretty safe from being killed on Maria’s order