The Ottoman-Persian War of Karbala 1802

During the Wahhabi Sack of Karbala in 1802, the Qajar Shah offered to send a few thousand Persian troops to assist the defense of the city, but the Sultan declined, allowing for less possible fortifications. This may be because the Persians could instead capture the city for themselves or for some other reason.

But what if during the Sack, the Persians sent an army to Karbala to take it for themselves while the Ottomans were in crisis in Egypt, the Balkans, and the Caucasus. How would it pan out, and what would be the consequences?

And if anyone has any scholarly information, articles, or sources on the Sack of Karbala, I'd love to see it.

During the Wahhabi Sack of Karbala in 1802, the Qajar Shah offered to send a few thousand Persian troops to assist the defense of the city, but the Sultan declined, allowing for less possible fortifications. This may be because the Persians could instead capture the city for themselves or for some other reason.

But what if during the Sack, the Persians sent an army to Karbala to take it for themselves while the Ottomans were in crisis in Egypt, the Balkans, and the Caucasus. How would it pan out, and what would be the consequences?

And if anyone has any scholarly information, articles, or sources on the Sack of Karbala, I'd love to see it.

There is no major crisis in 1802 that endangers the Ottomans. The Ottomans have a decent Nizam-I Cedit Army not abolished by the Janissaries in 1808. You can expect a pounding of Ottomans through what is today Azerbaijan and Armenia. Russia might even be a co-ally in the war for the region but I doubt that Selim III wants to split the his gains. Hell the war might be a godsent gift as the Ottomans will not declare war on Russia in 1806 because France conviced them to. But the situation will not ease, the Wahabi will still remain a problem while Egypt is not yet secured entirely.