The OTL

It depends on the POD. For example, if it's around 1800, or a little before, I might call it something like "A Western Empire," referring to the US. Of course, I've never written a timeline, so I probably can't be much use to this discussion.

I don't get what the Arcturus is? :confused:

but I would give different names to different time periods, like...... hmm, this is harder than it seems.:eek:

How about Fall of Empires? Most TLs would see this world as a democracy wank (even though it's not really).

Goldstein

Banned
How about Fall of Empires? Most TLs would see this world as a democracy wank (even though it's not really).

Good one, AHF!

The "electroid dystopia" someone suggested referring to OTL seen from a steampunk world, also looks cool to me.

How about: A post-industrialworld faces global warming with the biggest democracy in the world fighting in the middleeast over oil and freedom, with a jews get back their homeland and Britain unites into one k

That's the choice of the reader. :D

In that case, both.

Though monarchy hasn't really died out; far from it. So it wouldn't be too "republican" a timeline.

Also, there's the implication that the discovery of a republican form of government was the defining moment of human history, which I disagree with.

Information Gluttony. Seriously, the sheer amount of information we have is staggering.

I'm a Communication major so this goes with what I do at school.

From an engineering POV, it could be, "Microworld."

From biology, we might have "Genetic Dystopia" or "Utopia," depending on how bad or good it gets.