The Oceans Divide: A World Of Laughter, A World Of Tears II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to compliment your fine work, statichaos, and your first story, A World of Laughter, A World of Tears, got me to register on this website and create this account. History is my favorite subject when it comes to school, but to make such an elaborately crafted alternate historical timeline, speaks volumes for your grasp of history, and "what could have been", so to speak. At some point in the future, I'd love to tackle an alternate timeline myself, and your story sparks a desire within me to give it the old college try. So many historical events, and historical figures to choose from...

...and naturally, how would I go about fashioning either a depressing dystopian society, or better, a grimly dark utopian paradise where all free will is abolished for the glory of the state? Anyway, you've done fine work statichaos, and I wish you all the best in your future literary endeavors!

I just wanted to compliment your fine work, statichaos, and your first story, A World of Laughter, A World of Tears, got me to register on this website and create this account. History is my favorite subject when it comes to school, but to make such an elaborately crafted alternate historical timeline, speaks volumes for your grasp of history, and "what could have been", so to speak. At some point in the future, I'd love to tackle an alternate timeline myself, and your story sparks a desire within me to give it the old college try. So many historical events, and historical figures to choose from...

...and naturally, how would I go about fashioning either a depressing dystopian society, or better, a grimly dark utopian paradise where all free will is abolished for the glory of the state? Anyway, you've done fine work statichaos, and I wish you all the best in your future literary endeavors!
Look, this was certainly a heartwarming message, word of advice is to not necro threads where there hasn't been a response in months. The moderators don't like that one bit. If you want to say something heartwarming to the author, try and PM/DM them or something, not revive the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.