The Lion of Babylon Roars - a Ba'athist Iraq wank

That was absolutely amazing Onkel Willie! I loved every second of it, and I don't say that about a lot of TLs! Although I don't know enough about the contemporary Middle East, and don't have enough time to do it myself, someone should definitely make a spin-off!

I would fully endorse a spin-off. I guess there are plenty of episodes that could be fleshed out by someone with more expertise than me.

Yeah, very nice TL's.
Short but satisfying. I think it was fascinating because of its shortness. :cool:

I like short. The problem with long TLs, lately, is that I just lose inspiration after a while.

d32123

Banned
Just read through this TL. It's very good, probably one of the most well-written wanks I've seen here.

This was a very interesting and entertaining timeline, I love especially how you justify the changes in Saddam's actions, using his own egomania to make the different choices still remain in character for this would be recreator of Babylon.

I personally would love to see an additional sequel to this, perhaps spanning all the way to 2020, or maybe just the first decade of Qusay's reign. The continued tensions between Palestine and Israel offer up possible issues, along with the simple discussion after all of this about the use of Nuclear Weapons. The limited use of the weapons (and the fact that they were used only against military targets) definitively opens a can of worms for the powers that possess them. You could actually even see a situation develop between India/Pakistan or NK/SK and or Japan.

There is actually a part of me that wonders if, in the grand scheme of things, if this would have been better for our world for this to have happened.

At any rate, I'm keeping this one saved to my stories folder. Thank you for this great story.

I concur with the shortness being good. There are a few issues, namely there arguably should've been more reactions to Iraq becoming so dominant, but still, you oddly enough made a better world... through making Saddam more powerful.:eek: