The Interplanar Confederation

Cool map. I never really thought about the nuclear wars, but now that I think of it...

Cromwell
Mithras
Tamerlane
Castro

All have nuclear wars... Is this going to be the kind that devastates an entire region of the world, as per Cromwell? Or just low level destruction spread out, as per Mithras? Its your call, though lots of Planes with nuclear wars might have an interesting effect on the character of the ICN...

A little more on Castro...
The United States is de jure the same, but is a de facto right wing dictatorship whose POTUS talks the talk on liberty and freedom but does not walk the walk. Latin America is Third World. The Abyss is all those post-holocaust movies and stories. India is a Hindu Theocracy. South Africa dominates the continent and has some disturbing similarities with the Domination of the Draka. Australia is the most advanced nation in the World, about 1950 in technology.

DominusNovus:
Perhaps a more extreme version of my Wild West idea on the old board (where a plague in 1877 causes a rejection of progress and nostalgia for 1876, leading to a world in c2000 much like OTL 1890s) could give your Renaissance Plane.

tom said:
DominusNovus:
Perhaps a more extreme version of my Wild West idea on the old board (where a plague in 1877 causes a rejection of progress and nostalgia for 1876, leading to a world in c2000 much like OTL 1890s) could give your Renaissance Plane.
Meh, I'm kinda aiming for basicly a world-wide societal collapse. Kill enough people, wreck enough cities, then trade collapses, and people have to focus more on surviving than progressing. I want the majority of 14th century Eurasia to look like 5th century Europe.

tom said:
A little more on Castro...
The United States is de jure the same, but is a de facto right wing dictatorship whose POTUS talks the talk on liberty and freedom but does not walk the walk. Latin America is Third World. The Abyss is all those post-holocaust movies and stories. India is a Hindu Theocracy. South Africa dominates the continent and has some disturbing similarities with the Domination of the Draka. Australia is the most advanced nation in the World, about 1950 in technology.
BTW, would it be alright with you if I clean up the map of Castro a bit?

Hey tom, here's a rough draft of the map. I haven't really touched the borders in africa (I don't presently have the patience). I've also added a few islands to varying regions (italian islands to the wasteland regions, for example). So, what do you think of it?

castro_plane.gif

Not to complain, but after being cut off from the rest of the world most of Africa fragmented into a bazillion squabbling tribal statelets (that's why the map there is such a mess). If anything, in the 1970s it would be even worse than I depicted. Your boundaries there do not at all correspond to the situation.

Here is the map of Castro as it was for the Mosaic Earth background in c 2003, after the petty warlords of Africa did a little consolidating:

cmw-world.gif

tom said:
Not to complain, but after being cut off from the rest of the world most of Africa fragmented into a bazillion squabbling tribal statelets (that's why the map there is such a mess). If anything, in the 1970s it would be even worse than I depicted. Your boundaries there do not at all correspond to the situation.
I know, I'll get to those soon. Hence the original being a rough draft. I was just asking if you wanted the borders exactly as in the original map.

Oh, I'm sorry. No I don't know enough about 1962 African politics (read nothing) to know where the borders would be. Draw them up as you like, especially as this is almost 30 years earlier and the borders are VERY fluid. Just keep it at least as Balkanized as I showed.

Hmmm, maybe a Gaulish Earth

I don't know where I'll find the time for it, so don't expect it soon, but what do you think of a Gaulish Earth? POD would be shortly after the Alia in ca. 392 BC, no one is totally sure of the exact year, OTL or ATL, but it was within a decade either way of that year. Essentially Belowesos (known to OTL history as Brennos) follows up his victory on the Alia by giving Rome a very thorough sacking and burning. This doesn't quite eliminate Rome, but does lead to lots of revolts among allies and clients that do eventually finish the City off.

With a POD that early, I figure that both Philip of Macedon and Alexander are butterflied away, though a mercenary commander and the ruler of Thebes together unite the Greeks, and lead them into Persia. They aren't anywhere near as good as Alexander, and end up taking Anatolia and a large indemnity. After Persia loses Egypt and the Levant to various local rebels, a kind of mini-Hellenistic sets in, and lasts until about 200 or so AD.

The rest of the history is most exceedingly long and complex, but essentially leads to semi-Hellenized Gauls taking the place of the West as the dominant world culture. The culture and world order are VERY different from that of OTL, or from most of the other ICN worlds. Not only are the Great Powers, languages, and dominant religions different, but so are the ways the Great Powers interact with each other and the lesser powers. Likewise the economy is just plain alien, though there are a few elements reminiscent of Syndicalism. The tech will be about OTL mid-30s level, I'm thinking, though with some weird-tech resulting from a somewhat divergent scientific revolution. Nothing too far out, but it's just more plausible if these folks ask a few different questions than those we would think of, and get some different gadgets as a result.

Interested?

Diamond

Banned
Tamerlane

Dominus: I emailed the Tamerlane info to you. You should get two emails, one with the world and nation overviews, the other with two maps.

Dominus: I emailed the Tamerlane info to you. You should get two emails, one with the world and nation overviews, the other with two maps.
Got them. Looks good. I'll add them after I add Castro's information.