The Interplanar Confederation

Heh, I'm desperate for more people to join my group. For those of you who don't know about it, check it out at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/interplanar_confederation/

It grew out of this thread on the old board:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discus/messages/40/5252.html?1073200266

Please, I'm begging you guys! Come on over! Please?

On a related note, anyone think I should make a new thread on the ASB forum here? I was looking at the original, and we had days where we'd get more posts in one day on that thread than we have at all on the group... sniff... weep... sob... :rolleyes:

Joining the IPC

I joined it, and there are some good threads out there. I would be more active, it's just that I'm doing this A-S thread here, which is set back a 500 years from where I need to be for the IPC.

Diamond

Banned
Well, there's two more planes (Heraclius & Tamerlane) I'd like to contribute to the Yahoo group, but you're limiting me to one, you evil domineering overlord you. :D

I think it'd be a good idea to start a new thread here; the planes that are really kick-ass, you can then invite over to the Yahoo site.

Diamond said:
Well, there's two more planes (Heraclius & Tamerlane) I'd like to contribute to the Yahoo group, but you're limiting me to one, you evil domineering overlord you. :D

I think it'd be a good idea to start a new thread here; the planes that are really kick-ass, you can then invite over to the Yahoo site.
Well, the limit was so that all the early planes wouldn't be by the same people, but screw it, send them in! :cool:

Besides, all your planes are pretty varied, and don't end up with South America being the most prosperous region in the world... :p (don't worry G.Bone, I'm just busting your balls)

Diamond

Banned
DominusNovus said:
Well, the limit was so that all the early planes wouldn't be by the same people, but screw it, send them in! :cool:

Might as well; no one else is contributing (aside from the Mithras dudes - I really like that one).

So do you want both? Heraclius is one that I posted on the old boards - POD 619 AD. 'Tamerlane' is the world of my story 'A Song of My People', over in the Writer's Forum - POD 1340s (worse Black Plague).

Tamerlane is the better developed one; I'm actually working on a detailed timeline for it now, as well as a glossary and (revised) maps.

Diamond said:
So do you want both? Heraclius is one that I posted on the old boards - POD 619 AD. 'Tamerlane' is the world of my story 'A Song of My People', over in the Writer's Forum - POD 1340s (worse Black Plague).
Either one looks good. I'd personally root for Heraclius, since I know less about that one (Song of My People was great, btw).

*sits down and cries....

You know- I'm really debating on whether or not to send you my stuff since you ....sob sob sob sob sob

:(
(j/king)

I read thru some of the thread on the old board, what kind of intereaction between ther planes developped? What level of tech or social developpment is needed to reccomend joining the IPC? I have my Paladin timeline. Have you read it?

fortyseven said:
I read thru some of the thread on the old board, what kind of intereaction between ther planes developped? What level of tech or social developpment is needed to reccomend joining the IPC? I have my Paladin timeline. Have you read it?
Thats the Different Fate for the Templars one, right? Hows the tech on that, as of the late 20th century? Basicly, technology as of the 1970s on a plane, shouldn't be more advanced than, say, the technology of OTLs 2010s-2020s. Anything less than that is perfectly ok. I've got a plane that I'm gonna post thats about equal to the early 1700s.

Yeah that's the one. I wrote up to circa 1890. Early second phase of industrialization I guess. Electric cars exist. I may change the rate of tech adavancement. What do you think from reading it?

fortyseven said:
Yeah that's the one. I wrote up to circa 1890. Early second phase of industrialization I guess. Electric cars exist. I may change the rate of tech adavancement. What do you think from reading it?
Definately one of the more interesting TLs out there (second only to any one that i've got my hand in ;)). Definately would like to have it join, just bring it up to the 1970s. :)

Straha

Banned
do the interplaner alliance thread but keep it relatively rule free liek it was on the ASB forum

Straha

Banned
DominusNovus said:
You can do it if you'd like. It'll have my official seal of approval.
ok I plan on havign odd ASB TLs be a sizable aount of TLs contacted the breakdown will be normal POD 1/3 ASB influnce POD 1/3 and other POD(different types of universes like fantasy universes or really outh there worlds) 1/3. Fute Timelines will also be contacted too as part of the fun.

I have to fill in some things in "A Different Fate" (Burgundian-British war(s), Chinese history-carved up or spheres of influence, elaborate on the tech development, etc) Busy with university but, I work on it when I have time.

What I've edited:

the Channel Islands, Vancouver Island, and Constantinople come to belong to the the Paladins. Abyssinia, Nubia, Kurdistan, and Assyria become Paladin vassals as shown in the map. The Paladins are made an international, military, peacekeeping, and police force in the charter of the World League.

Oh and John thinks the Ottomans are defeated too easily. I'm not sure.

Diamond

Banned
fortyseven said:
Oh and John thinks the Ottomans are defeated too easily. I'm not sure.

Of course he does! I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T. :)

I like the TL quite a bit, and I'll throw in my vote on having it in the ICN.

Present Day

The current year of the ICN is 1975. So, thats how far Tamerlane, Heraclius, Templar, Castro, etc. should be brought to. Well, we won't be discovering that many planes in one year, so we might just have 1 or 2 planes (at most) discovered in any one year.

Quick question, btw. I want my Renaissance Plane to be about 300 or more years behind in technology (though perhaps some steam tech is allowed). What do you guys think some good ways to do this (within the second millenium)? I fiugre the Mongols and Timurids do better (in the sense that they devastate populations more), along with worse plagues (not necessarily more lethal, but more of them for longer a period of time). Anything more?

Diamond

Banned
Dominus - I'm working on the Tamerlane info, but I have a question - this plane, like Cromwell, has suffered from a fairly drastic nuclear conflict; do you mind having two planes like that, or would you rather I work on prepping Heraclius instead? (No nuclear wars there.)

DominusNovus said:
Quick question, btw. I want my Renaissance Plane to be about 300 or more years behind in technology (though perhaps some steam tech is allowed). What do you guys think some good ways to do this (within the second millenium)?
As a result of worsening plagues and/or fiercer Mongol invasions, maybe you could have the RCC develop into some kind of repressive central government for what remains of Europe. The overthrow of this tyrannical Church could be a fairly recent event, within the last 50 years or so, precipitated by the advent of the 'Renaissance'.

I actually started a TL like this and abandoned it in favor of Tamerlane. Here's a map I did for it:

AltWorld10.1(Flag.).GIF