The Death of Russia - TL

They're probably what they say "WAIT WHY CRITICAL THIS??!!! DO YOU REMEMBER HOW THOSE DAMN RUSSIANS BOMB OUR STREETS WITH THOSE NUKES!! AREN'T YOU EVEN AN AMERICAN!!!"

This "4/10 mentality" will make even Post-9/11/ Red scare America into reasonable ideas

Yep especially since if the king riots still happening and bin Laden actually nuked or attempted to destroy American cities.

And also you forget about the Russians too mate, they're going to be so much anti-russian sentiment that it going to make McCarthy blush
A lot of social movements are going to be screwed. If Bin Laden nukes an American city there'll be a bill so bad the Patriot Act won't look as horrific.

King riots happened in 1992. So that's out of the way.

Oh yeah Russians. Sure there'll be refugees but my guess is that there's going to be a mixture of support/sympathy and distrust/hostility. Also Russians are going to be exploited for propaganda purposes even when the American government won't treat Russians in European Russia well. So it'll definitely give Russian Americans a existential crisis.

Last edited:
Oh yeah Russians. Sure there'll be refugees but my guess is that there's going to be a mixture of support/sympathy and distrust/hostility. Also Russians are going to be exploited for propaganda purposes even when the American government won't treat Russians in European Russia well. So it'll definitely give Russian Americans a existential crisis.
Speaking of Russians, what would be interesting would be how this latest wave of Russian refugees interact with the descendants of White emigres and all that.

A lot of social movements are going to be screwed. If Bin Laden nukes an American city there'll be a bill so bad the Patriot Act doesn't look that horrific.
Hell even attempted nuking of New York will give the lead way of 90s Patriotic to come in fruition because of the anti-nuke sentiment after 4/10.

The Muslim community it's going to Mass amount of hate crime persecuted by this America and no George Bush would say "they need to be treated with respect" as Clinton will be too busy dealing with the Russian aftermath
King riots happened in 1992. So that's out of the way.
Regardless African-Americans will be in a sidelines because of the Russkies being the spotlight as they will be sympathetic to the US while the US ignore their black folks
Oh yeah Russians. Sure there'll be refugees but my guess is that there's going to be a mixture of support/sympathy and distrust/hostility.
Yes exactly mate
Also Russians are going to be exploited for propaganda purposes even when the American government won't treat Russians in European Russia well.
They probably will use the Russian has example of the "heroic Americans saving the day from these people from barbarians" similar to what propaganda of the Kuwait baby did IRL
Speaking of Russians, what would be interesting would be how this latest wave of Russian refugees interact with the descendants of White emigres and all that.
"We know your pain and it's very hard to deal with especially of our motherland is gone"
-White emigres consulting to 4/10 survivors
So it'll definitely give Russian Americans a existential crisis.
Definitely want to preserve their culture similar to when Native Americans are doing now

The Muslim community it's going to Mass amount of hate crime persecuted by this America and no George Bush would say "they need to be treated with respect" as Clinton will be too busy dealing with the Russian aftermath
I'm just thinking how Muslim minorities in France, Israel, and India are going to be affected. They all have large Muslim minorities.

It's going to be a nightmare.

Kick
This whole timeline is one of the most blatantly disgusting "author is clearly jerking off to the mass death scenario that they're writing" scenarios I've seen on this website in a long time, and the fact that it hasn't received more pushback and been closed by admins is emblematic of this site's decline.

The closest analogy to what Russian diasporids might face would be what people tracing their origins to enemy countries faced in the two world wars. Those reactions ranged from programs of forcible assimilation all the way up to detention in camps and even eventual deportation.

I would expect that reactions to be worse in Europe than in North America, on account of the higher civilian death tolls.

This whole timeline is one of the most blatantly disgusting "author is clearly jerking off to the mass death scenario that they're writing" scenarios I've seen on this website in a long time, and the fact that it hasn't received more pushback and been closed by admins is emblematic of this site's decline.
I would ask you to quote some fragment in which you got the impression of mass death being portrayed in a positive light before making such radical claims.

If you read about TL that title "Death of Russia" then don't be surprised it's had Mass death and war crimes dude

Also this isn't really grim dark because it has some humane scene in TLDR and it isn't dark for the sake of dark it has a meaning because of how fuck up the Whole war is

Last edited:
I'm just thinking how Muslim minorities in France, Israel, and India are going to be affected. They all have large Muslim minorities.

It's going to be a nightmare.
Anti-muslim sentiment will rise up especially in India and Israel where it can turn deadly very quickly

The Middle East might be the next Center of chaos after Russia in the 2000s like in OTL

You can not like the timeline sure, but you don't need to go far and insult the whole timeline the guy made.

Just signing in briefly to say that, given that I (mercifully temporarily) fell into depression and had to take a week off while writing and researching the scenario, I evidently am not 'jerking off' to it.

Just signing in briefly to say that, given that I (mercifully temporarily) fell into depression and had to take a week off while writing and researching the scenario, I evidently am not 'jerking off' to it.
Goddamn it Sorairo, I told you to take care!

Im glad you're feeling better

But please dont subject yourself to that again, I know you've told us you have tough skin(and yeah this certainly proved you do) but if it had this effect on you still I dont want you to risk your mental health any more than you already did

In what chapter on this TL these deaths are shown positively? Nuclear bombings are clearly shown being horrible and traumatic events. It would be different thing if writer would show these events as positively. I would too notice that there is lot of TLs where is WW3 or some other very horrible things. You remember one mod's TL where nazis conquewred and genocided most of Europe and then were nuked shitless in 1959/1960? People can write such things as long as these are not shown to be good thing.

Also fuck this forum's lack of a "send a hug" button

I think I can speak for everyone here(and if not, at least for myself) that you deserve a big one

In what chapter on this TL these deaths are shown positively? Nuclear bombings are clearly shown being horrible and traumatic events. It would be different thing if writer would show these events as positively. I would too notice that there is lot of TLs where is WW3 or some other very horrible things. You remember one mod's TL where nazis conquewred and genocided most of Europe and then were nuked shitless in 1959/1960? People can write such things as long as these are not shown to be good thing.
Exactly this, alternate history is not always gonna be good and nice. I mean look at real history.