The Death of Russia - TL

Pretty much

I'd say fascism is not "progressism as we know it" which avoids the flamebait but that it sees itself as progressing towards it's own view of Utopia where everyone is happy worshipping the nation-state and all it's enemies are gone

But of course that doesnt mean there arent reactionary movements who are all about restoring the "good old times" using the same methods and symbology as fascism

I think ultimately this is a discussion better suited for Chat, but Im addressing it briefly here because it helps to understand where the fascist and stalinist factions diverge and where they're all too similar to one another
I would say fascism is more like a psychosis than anything else.

January 1995 Map - Alt
dfg22xb-29e48687-734e-4342-bb04-7b0c3c203ec9.png

A map of former Russia on the last day of 1994.
Yes, I almost cried making this map.

Last edited:
Provisional map and information, to be updated once @Sorairo makes corrections. Yes, I almost cried making this map.

Wait is Udmurtia suppose to be visible? I didn't add it on mine because it sounded like the Fascists were able to stop any semblance of independence for the time being despite heavy fighting breaking out.

Wait is Udmurtia suppose to be visible? I didn't add it on mine because it sounded like the Fascists were able to stop any semblance of independence for the time being despite heavy fighting breaking out.
From what I understood, Udmurtia did manage to break free unlike Mordovia, but it is in a civil war with the Russian population (Sorairo will correct me if I misunderstood).

Agree with Kotka. I interpretended that Udmurtia would be in civil war betwen Udmurt nationalists and pro-Russians.

From what I understood, Udmurtia did manage to break free unlike Mordovia, but it is in a civil war with the Russian population (Sorairo will correct me if I misunderstood).

Yes, Udmurtia is contested but not vanquished. Udmurt and Russian nationalists are in conflict, but that's the same story in Mari El as well.

Last edited:
Considering Gorby was still alive enough to be deported, what became of the other two political figures tried with him? Let me guess they're dead either at the hands of the Reds or the Ultranationalists?

Wait, where is the color key that explains the new factions?

In the Caucasus:

Dark Green = Circassia (under Kokov)
Brown = Ossetia (under Chibirov)
Light Green = Ichkerian Federation (under Dudayev)
Yellow = Dagestan (under the Dagestani Confederacy - Alliance between 14 ethnic representatives and Salafists)

Around Urals:

Dark Green = Tatarstan (under Shaimiev)
Light Green = Bashkortostan + occupied Russian Federation territory (under Rakhimov)
Light Orange = Chuvashia (under Nikolay Fyodorov)
Dark Orange = Mari El (contested)
Blue = Udmurita (contested)

Far East

Orange-Brown = Tuva (under Shoigu)
Brown = Buryat (contested, border regions controlled by Markhayev)
Dark Green = Sakha/Yakutia (under the Aiyy Yeurekhé movement of Ukhkhan and Téris)
Yellow = Far Eastern Republic (under Aksyuchits)

NSF + Kaliningrad

Black = Petrograd (Fascist) government (under Nevzorov)
Red (West of Urals) = Stalingrad (Communist) government (under Anpilov)
Red (East of Urals) = Chelyabinsk provisional government of both Fascists and Communists, aligned to Anpilov (no leadership worth discussing)
Light Green beyond Urals = NSF outposts/anarchy (every man for himself)
Grey-Green = Kaliningrad government (under Gaidar)

God almighty when I wrote that out I realised how crazy that looks. But in fairness, you get the same reaction reading the factions in the First Russian Civil War.

Considering Gorby was still alive enough to be deported, what became of the other two political figures tried with him? Let me guess they're dead either at the hands of the Reds or the Ultranationalists?

Both are alive and will make their return soon.

Last edited:
I dissappear for a bit and come back with pizza and now everything is on fucking fire...

...Welp, guess it's time to start watching the fire while eating pizza.

Also it should be worth mentioning, whatever happens, this is already a great TL, regardless of what happens.

So would it be too big of a spoiler @Sorairo to let us know with a simple yes or no that something nuclear weapony (I'm willing to stretch that standard from non-detonating to obvious nuclear warfare) is gonna happen ITTL? `-`