The Confederal Revolution: A Maps and Graphics Timeline

Which name should replace the Second Byzantine Empire?

• State of the Dardenelles

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Straits Republic

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Constantinopolitan Republic

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Introduction/Map of North America
So, for my first timeline, I decided to jump on a bandwagon and make my own fictional North America. The main PoD is that the Whigs successfully pressure for the US to only annex the area claimed by Texas after the Mexican-American War. The South does not like this, and secedes after Winfield Scott is elected president. I hope you enjoy it.
1848civilwarmap_basic.png

A couple quick-ish things/
1. Honestly, this has a lot of potential. I mean it. It's an interesting POD, and I think it's pretty interesting. There are a couple things I'd like to have answered, though:
-Does the USA give up her claim on Oregon?
-How/why does New England break away from the United States and bring the Maritimes with her?
-What's the New Mexico-Utah country?
2. How does the Second Commonwealth (Poland-Lithuania) come into being?
3. " but with Catalonia
4. Not so much a question, but I think the "Second Byzantine Empire" is a bit of an odd name, seeing as she's not the most... powerful. I'd say the Straits Republic of the State of the Dardanelles would be a bit more fitting.

I'm probably going to make a map of North America and Europe as a bit of fanart, hope you don't mind!

Britain intervenes on the side of the Confederals, wins, takes American Oregon, and breaks off New England as a Dominion.
Why exactly would the New Englanders accept this? In fact why would the British even do this? It isn't 1812 where New England was a hot bed of potential secession. Really all they're doing is adding a large group of really pissed off people that they have to keep under control. Think Quebec but with a much larger population at the least in terms of problems this will bring.

Thank you all for your feedback!
Does the USA give up her claim on Oregon?
I suppose, since she lost the war.
How/why does New England break away from the United States and bring the Maritimes with her?
Why exactly would the New Englanders accept this? In fact why would the British even do this? It isn't 1812 where New England was a hot bed of potential secession. Really all they're doing is adding a large group of really pissed off people that they have to keep under control. Think Quebec but with a much larger population at the least in terms of problems this will bring.
Because this timeline is my version of Peyton's An Alternate North America with a different PoD. I added the Maritimes to distance myself away from that timeline (this was before my learning about Our Fair Country), but now that I think about it, New England breaking away isn't that plausible (though neither are many other things in this timeline).
-What's the New Mexico-Utah country?
Combined with California in the newest map I'm working on. I did this for a few reasons (for example, I couldn't find a good capital, given that Santa Fe is part of Texas), but mostly I just didn't like the idea.
2. How does the Second Commonwealth (Poland-Lithuania) come into being?
So basically, Russia goes fascist after Tsar Vladmir II dies without an heir, there's a cold war, called the Ideological Quasi-War, and at the end Russia goes through a civil war and Lithuania and other places is annexed into Poland, who gained independence after the Pan-European War.
3. " but with Catalonia
Spain was on the Councilist side during the Great War (TTL's WWII) and lost, so it lost Galicia to Portugal and Catalonia, Valencia, and the Balearic islands to its own country.
4. Not so much a question, but I think the "Second Byzantine Empire" is a bit of an odd name, seeing as she's not the most... powerful. I'd say the Straits Republic of the State of the Dardanelles would be a bit more fitting.
I like Straits Republic, or maybe Constantinopolitan Republic. I think I'm going to put a poll up.