The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

And what happens when no one has any majority on 1948? Dot ehy try to negociate with Thurmond?
The blurb talked about the segregationists trying to get concessions. The blurb then went on to talk about Truman and Dewey negotiating with each other to avoid having to make those concessions, suggesting that one could agree to be the other's vice president. It doesn't say what the result would be.

I did a game as ("spaced out") Carter where I ran a bit more liberal than he did in OTL, and thus did a bit better in the north and a bit worse in the south, for a narrow electoral college win of 287-251

And that win was with a popular vote loss

A popular vote loss of 19 million, 23.2 percentage points. If all of Lincoln's opponents' votes were combined in the OTL 1860 election, Lincoln would have still won and with a victory around that size in percent, but Carter here does 2 points worse than even Lincoln would have done in that hypothetical scenario

Also here's a different "spaced out" Carter win, with a decent sized popular vote win of about 5 million votes, and doing strong in the north while losing all of the south except AR, GA, FL, and SC (though all states in the south except GA and AR were very close, within 5 points either way)

Based Obama gets 0 votes in California
I'm curious which question you used to get that result

1604151690146.png

Imagine the carnage if this happened IRL. Palin VP too...

Here's an interesting looking map as Wilson (again, using the space thing) winning the entire east coast but only three states outside of the south and east coast

You guys think the 2020 escenario will be added before Election Night?
I could see it being added perhaps as much as a few weeks after the election, given the potential for things like recounts and unclarity over who won, plus the creator potentially not bothering to do an "initial" version like they did with 2016 and just going for the final version (or building off the initial version so that it can be the final version and just releasing that) which could take some weeks perhaps

Basically we can pretty much count on it being in the works unless the creator says otherwise, I'm guessing it is certain to be done by the end of the year and probably by the end of November but I wouldn't assume it would be done in the next few days (but who knows, it could be!)

Actually I just went and checked the site, it isn't loading for me, idk if that's because I'm on my phone (I usually do it when I'm on my computer at home) or because maybe the creator is in the process of uploading it as we speak? Or just neither of those and instead it is server issues or something with my internet connection, idk

Last edited:
I could see it being added perhaps as much as a few weeks after the election, given the potential for things like recounts and unclarity over who won, plus the creator potentially not bothering to do an "initial" version like they did with 2016 and just going for the final version (or building off the initial version so that it can be the final version and just releasing that) which could take some weeks perhaps

Basically we can pretty much count on it being in the works unless the creator says otherwise, I'm guessing it is certain to be done by the end of the year and probably by the end of November but I wouldn't assume it would be done in the next few days (but who knows, it could be!)

Actually I just went and checked the site, it isn't loading for me, idk if that's because I'm on my phone (I usually do it when I'm on my computer at home) or because maybe the creator is in the process of uploading it as we speak? Or just neither of those and instead it is server issues or something with my internet connection, idk
I can't load the site either-it's definitely not just on your end.

I tried to log onto the site a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't load then, either (checked again a while later and it was fine). So I'm not sure if this means anything one way or the other regarding a new scenario coming now.

Last edited:
I hope they (singular or plural?) eventually do release 2020
Got #19 with 2012 Obama on Impossible. Other than answering the first couple questions with "Appeal to moderates to end gridlock" and "I'll be honest" the game is both pretty straight forward and very dependent on getting the right set of questions, not much advice to give. To be honest, got lucky to win Florida since I was entirely focused on North Carolina, which I was even luckier to get anyway. Don't stop visiting NC if you try Impossible out tho, never getting to the top if you play safe.

Last edited: