The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

To keep your guys hopes up I’m gonna bet that tomorrow they will release 2020 or maby even Christmas they will add more elections I’m gonna comment everyday until I go crazy

Just got my best Clinton win on easy with the newer 2016. With a popular vote margin of about 12.3%, Clinton beating Trump 53.4-41.1, with a raw vote margin of 16.7 million votes, 72.7 million to 56 million. And an electoral vote of 421 to 117, with Clinton winning all the Obama 2012 states plus Arizona, Texas, Georgia, and (ever so narrowly) South Carolina. Can't get landslides as big as on the original 2016 one, but that's still a pretty big win

And this was done by running as moderate/right wing/apolitical as possible, doesn't look like running a progressive leftward campaign works as well even on the newer 2016

Also, on a different note, I think it is kind of interesting looking at the "state summary" section for the different major issues - it doesn't necessarily matter a huge deal in terms of gameplay, you can do better in various states with an appeal that isn't directly pandering to those issues, and its not necessarily that the assignments the game gives are necessarily wrong, but I think it is interesting, for example, seeing the 2016 election where a number of different states are either "moderate" or for "open markets" on the issue of trade and then there's Michigan as the one single state sticking out as "protectionist"

And this was done by running as moderate/right wing/apolitical as possible, doesn't look like running a progressive leftward campaign works as well even on the newer 2016
That's...not really supported by the evidence. :( A shame, this site's usually pretty good about researching the elections portrayed.

Here's an interesting result - after 8 years of Reagan and two Republican landslides, the American people decide it is time for a new direction, and elect... Lenore Fulani

Managed to get a hung electoral college too, in proportional mode, the results screen specifically says it is a tie even though it isn't, and Dukakis gets elected in the House of Representatives after getting just 16.6% of the vote and coming in first place in just zero states

54FCD509-02CD-4395-B8AA-5EEF5ACEBC22.png

Closest states were Kansas, Texas, and Arkansas. Kansas I won by a couple hundred votes. I picked John Glenn as VP for being a moderate, from a swing state, and of course an astronaut.

Here's an interesting result - after 8 years of Reagan and two Republican landslides, the American people decide it is time for a new direction, and elect... Lenore Fulani

Managed to get a hung electoral college too, in proportional mode, the results screen specifically says it is a tie even though it isn't, and Dukakis gets elected in the House of Representatives after getting just 16.6% of the vote and coming in first place in just zero states
Interesting. What message came up when the final results came through?

Interesting. What message came up when the final results came through?
For the hung electoral college, it just said I tied the electoral college and won in the house. For the Fulani victory, it just had the same message as happens when Bush wins. It seems to be assumed for each game that only one or the other main candidate can win, or that a tie (or three way split if there's a third party), with the messages being as such. You can get a different message for third party wins if you are able to actually play as the third party itself, but there doesn't seem to be any unique message for when a third party candidate wins (rather than just splits the electoral college) via exploits

So close to winning NY. Picked Bob Dole as a running mate and attacked Dukakis relentlessly

Attachments

• 302387B8-5DCC-49B4-A962-730ECE51C246.png
    302387B8-5DCC-49B4-A962-730ECE51C246.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 6