the best movies never made

I loved your first version of Toy Story btw. And I was just messing with you on the last one. But I would say his favorite may have been the 4th one. I don't think he actually has a favorite yet. He seems to really enjoy them all. Which honestly is the way I feel too. I know this last one is possibly supposed to end the series. But I would love to see another one. Or at least some more shorts like they did with 3.

You mean the one where Woody and Buzz become ruthless dictators bent on the destruction on the human race just because of a ripped arm? I have no idea wtf I was smoking when I came up with that one, or maybe I watched too much Small Soldiers. But I'm glad other people enjoyed it. I just thought it was me laughing at my own joke. I'd love for an actual movie of that to be made though. I was also thinking of making a post here about an alternate Toy Story 1 where Buzz would be the villain (not anything over the top like my Toy Story 2 though) but I stopped half-way through. Maybe I'll try again later though.

I was initially thinking the same thing (in regards to wanting another Toy Story) but now I'm really just wondering what else they could do with the franchise? Maybe some more shorts I could enjoy, but I can't really see what they could do with a Toy Story 5 (to be honest, I thought the third one would have been a good one to end at). I like this article: https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/29/19102537/toy-story-4-woody-pixar-movies-themes

Iomante (1985) - A loose adaptation of Othello directed by Akira Kurosawa, about the personal lives of an ainu warrior and his nipponese lover in Mutsu.

[
^ and who could forget:
512ss3e2x9L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
A Live action film instead of "Warriors of Virtue"?

Revised version of my TL's Disney Animated Canon as of 2002:

GOLDEN AGE

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Pinocchio (1940)
Fantasia (1940)
Dumbo (1941)
Bambi (1942)

DARK AGE
Saludos Amigos (1943)
The Three Caballeros (1945)
Make Mine Music (1946)
Fun and Fancy Free (1947)
Melody Time (1948)

SECOND GOLDEN AGE
The Wind in the Willows (1949)
Cinderella (1950)
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Peter Pan (1953)
Lady and the Tramp (1955)
Sleeping Beauty (1958)
101 Dalmatians (1961)
Sword in the Stone (1963)
Hansel and Gretel (1967)
Chanticleer (1971)

SILVER AGE
Thumbelina (1973)
The Rescuers (1975)
The Snow Queen (1977)
Banjo the Woodpile Cat (1979)
The Rats of NIMH (1981)
Cats (1982)
Satyrday (1983)
The Black Cauldron (1985)
Basil of Baker Street (1986)
The Brave Little Toaster (1987)
Rapunzel (1987)

DISNEY RENAISSANCE
The Little Mermaid (1989)
Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990)
All Dogs Go To Heaven (1990)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Chip and Dale: Cult of of the Calico (1992)
Aladdin (1992)
The Lion King (1994)
A Goofy Movie (1995)
The White Doe (1995): A Native American version of Swan Lake
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
The Extreme Goofy Movie (1997)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (1997)
Mulan (1998)
The Lion King: Simba's Pride (1999)
The Emperor and the Sun (2000)
Fantasia 2000 (2000)
Treasure Planet (2001)
Aida (2001)
Lilo and Stitch (2002)

Special thanks to @HeX for suggesting names.

Last edited:
You know, I'd definitely watch that.
will there be any Patrick Warburton Kronk though
More specifically, in that version Kronk is at first one of the royal servants. But Yzma convinces him to support her cause because he was losing patience with Kuzco's jerkassery. Of course, he still has a heart, as he comes to like Urqu. Said friendship with Urqu eventually turns him against Yzma.

I have a version of Pocahontas that evolved into a Swan Lake retelling on the back-burner for now. So here are some details on Disney film ITTL that weren't changed enough to have their own posts.

Cinderella (1950)
- Walt Disney himself returns to directing in this film.
- Early on, Jimmy MacDonald was going to voice the mice. But test audiences loathed the characters for being too annoying, so Walt split their screentime in half.
- As a result of the above, MacDonald was replaced by Welsh actor Johnny Morris (Jaq) and voice actor Daws Butler (Gus). The former's Woody Woodpecker-esque chuckle would become something of a meme. Whereas Gus' friendly Southern drawl would later be re-used by Daws when he voiced Huckleberry Hound.
- A controversial occurrence omitted in European releases involved Gus giving the Bras d'honneur to whoever was abusing Cinderella at the time. Later releases changed this to simply shaking his fist. Later US re-releases also changed this.

Peter Pan (1953)
- The Native Americans are noticeably less embarrassing. Namely, all of them speak accented, but still perfectly coherent English.

Hansel and Gretel (1966)
- ITTL, Kipling's estate found favor with Chuck Jones' unit at Warner Bros in regards to animating The Jungle Book. So Walt made this film instead.

- Patrick Stewart still does not voice King Triton. So the character is ITTL voiced by British TV persona Willie Rushton. Via butterflies, he also is still alive ITTL.

All Dogs Go To Heaven (1989)
- ITTL, Jeffery Katzenberg had requested Don Bluth make this film as a back-up plan if The Little Mermaid fell behind schedule. TLM went as planned, but ADGTH was already finished by then. So Disney released it theatrically anyway.
- Judith Barsi's abusive father was also killed in a bar fight in the 1987 of TTL. As a result, she was eventually adopted by Don Bluth's brother Toby.

Last edited:
The White Doe (1995)

During the early 1990s, the animation teams at Disney had begun to work on new films to have ready in the mid-1990s. One team worked on a B-Movie meant to be about African wild-life. Whereas the other would be a film about the Native American figure Pocahontas. Most people were expecting the latter to be in Jeffery Katzenberg's words, "a home run" while the lion story would be a "base hit".

Needless to say, The Lion King, which evolved from the Africa-themed project, became the biggest hit for Disney until the later Emperor and the Sun (2000). The Pocahontas project, OTOH, was not so lucky. Native American representatives and historian despited early drafts, which led to the writing team eventually abandoning many of the subjects they hoped to feature. Eventually, Disney higher-ups turned to Don Bluth and Richard Rich. The two men responsible for many of the hits in the studio's latter day Silver Age such as The Black Cauldron (1985), Rapunzel (1987), and All Dogs Go To Heaven (1990) [1]. Both initially found it hard to re-work the story into something they felt would please enough people, and eventually rewrote the entire script into a re-telling of Swan Lake.

The story focuses on Odeserundiye, the son of an Irquois chieftain named Skenandoa, and Kaniehtiio, the daughter of another chieftain named Aninanco. The two find early on that they are betrothed, and are disappointed about it since both were hoping to take their time on it. But Odeserundiye's friend, the gentle and sensitive Onangwatgo is able to get them to see the bright side. Eventually leading to the two beginning to genuinely fall in love with each other. One day however, Kaniehtiio goes missing and Aninanco is found dead. Since Aninanco was found to have claw marks on him, people assume he was attacked by an animal.

Odeserundiye is dismayed, but life soon returns to normal. That is until one day when he and Onangwatgo are hunting in the forest. They come across a deer with white fur, but decide against shooting it. Later on however, Odeserundiye passes that same lake and the same deer again. This time, he sees the deer transform into a human maiden in white garments. He notices she resembles Kaniehtiio quite uncannily. But then other deer in the area turn into human girls too.

Eventually, the pressure mounts and Skenandoa explains the truth to Odeserundiye and Onangwatgo. Years ago, he had banished a sorcerer named Ubirajara from the tribe. But it was discovered that he was still performing dark magic so Aninanco agreed to send an assassin after him. He believes that what Odeserundiye saw was Kaniehtiio having been placed under a curse Aninanco enjoyed placing on young maidens. Transforming them into deer by day but not night, until said tranformation eventually was permanent. Despite his father's warnings, Odeserundiye goes out to stop the sorcerer. He eventually succeeds when his bow and arrow take down the sorcerer.

As usual, everyone lives happily ever after. But only in the fantasy world. In the real world, the film was considered a major step down from the big success of The Lion King. As well as the Ashman-Menken trifecta of Disney films from before [2]. Although the studio did regain some lost ground with The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) and Atlantis: The Lost Empire (1997) [3], it would take the smash hits that were Mulan (1998) and Emperor and the Sun (2000) for Disney to get back on track.

That said, most of the music was pretty good.

[1] ITTL, many people argue wether the last of these three counts as a Silver Age or Renaissance film. Most who argue the latter point out that it was released after The Little Mermaid. Whereas those who say the former point out that production had begun almost immediately after Rapunzel, and point out that it was specifically made when execs became worried the TLM wouldn't be ready for its intended 1989 release.
[2] As one can assume from the title, those are The Little Mermaid (1989), Beauty and the Beast (1991), and Aladdin (1992).
[3] The latter's success was notable in that it was a non-musical. Thus restarting Disney's alternations between musical and non-musical films.

I have a version of Pocahontas that evolved into a Swan Lake retelling on the back-burner for now. So here are some details on Disney film ITTL that weren't changed enough to have their own posts.

Cinderella (1950)
- Walt Disney himself returns to directing in this film.
- Early on, Jimmy MacDonald was going to voice the mice. But test audiences loathed the characters for being too annoying, so Walt split their screentime in half.
- As a result of the above, MacDonald was replaced by Welsh actor Johnny Morris (Jaq) and voice actor Daws Butler (Gus). The former's Woody Woodpecker-esque chuckle would become something of a meme. Whereas Gus' friendly Southern drawl would later be re-used by Daws when he voiced Huckleberry Hound.
- A controversial occurrence omitted in European releases involved Gus giving the Bras d'honneur to whoever was abusing Cinderella at the time. Later releases changed this to simply shaking his fist. Later US re-releases also changed this.

Hansel and Gretel (1966)
- ITTL, Kipling's estate found favor with Chuck Jones' unit at Warner Bros in regards to animating The Jungle Book. So Walt made this film instead.

- Patrick Stewart still does not voice King Triton. So the character is ITTL voiced by British TV persona Willie Rushton. Via butterflies, he also is still alive ITTL.

All Dogs Go To Heaven (1989)
- ITTL, Jeffery Katzenberg had requested Don Bluth make this film as a back-up plan if The Little Mermaid fell behind schedule. TLM went as planned, but ADGTH was already finished by then. So Disney released it theatrically anyway.
- Judith Barsi's abusive father was also killed in a bar fight in the 1987 of TTL. As a result, she was eventually adopted by Don Bluth's brother Toby.
Does Patrick Stewart voice Jafar in Aladdin ITTL?