the best movies never made

The Emperor and the Sun

After the shock success of The Lion King, Disney determined that they should try going for stories that were not specifically based on one story. The film features several musical numbers composed by recording artist Sting and Tim Rice, with some help from the latter's long-time collaborator Andrew Lloyd Webber. With a known history of production troubles, it took the return of Don Bluth and Richard Rich to reconcile various ideas present in early versions of the story.

The film is set in the Incan Empire, and stars a young prince named Kuzco (Fred Savage), who is bored with his luxurious life and agrees to switch places for a week or two with an identical peasant named Urqu (Will Freidle). But an evil member of Kuzco's council named Yzma (Eartha Kitt) turns him into a llama so he can't learn that she is summoning the Incan God of Death to block out the sun. Poor Urqu is forced to serve as a puppet in Kuzco's stead. But before Kuzco became a llama, the truth regarding the swap was discovered by Urqu's father Pacha (John Goodman). As such, Pacha and Kuzco try to find their way back to the palace. Meanwhile, Urqu meets Kuzco's betrothed Nina (Isla Fisher) who is unaware of the switch. Which leads to further romantic tension.

Last edited:
American Articulateds is a 1993 documentary by Pentrex. This one follows numerous articulated steam engines from across the US on various steam excursions in the late 1980s through early 90s.

- Union Pacific Big Boy #4023 is followed on its first test run after restoration in March 1985. It hauls a train of grain hoppers unassisted from Cheyenne, WY to Green River, WY. Then, it is followed on its first official excursion from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City, UT with 4-8-4 #844.

- Norfolk & western 2-6-6-4 #1218 is followed on first excursions for the 1987 NRHS convention in Roanoke, VA. Then on excursions for the Southern through the Carolinas to Georgia.

- Back to the Union Pacific. Where Challenger #3985 is followed from Cheyenne east over both native and former C&NW track to Chicago, IL.

- Southern Pacific Cab Forward #4274 re-enacts her famous 1957 excursion over Donner Pass. Then it travels further to run over the SP's former Rock Island to Kansas City.

The Snow Queen (1977)

Ever since he was first appointed as the head of Walt Disney Animation Studios in 1975, Don Bluth had become famous for his theory that children can handle any dark subject in their films as long as the ending is a happy one. The Snow Queen was his first major exercise in this philosophy, and for this reason is considered one of his best films. Aside from the music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by both Tim Rice and Richard Stilgoe, and comic relief by a few side characters, it's a fairly dark tale by Disney standards. Even then the songs are often rather mellow and calm.

The film generally follows the original Hans Christian Anderson story fairly closely. A troll creates a mirror with which he intends to create chaos, but he accidentally drops it and it lands on the Earth below where it shatters. But after that is when we are introduced to the less than minor changes. First of all, Gerda (Carrie Fisher) is rewritten as the older sister of Kai (Robert Downey Jr), thus removing their romantic subtext in the original story. Instead, Gerda has a chemistry with the robber boy Kristoff (Ron Howard), who was a girl in the original story. In addition, we have Kristoff's mother Ingrid (Julie Newmar) and Kristoff's pet reindeer Bae (Dom Deluise) as comparatively minor but important characters.

Last but far from least is the titular Snow Queen's characterization. In the original book, she was rather ambiguous and did not have a reason for taking Kai with her. In this film, it is explained through a story by Gerda and Kai's grandmother (Frances Bavier), that the fabled Snow Queen was, according to legend, once Elsa (Bernadette Peters) [1], and the Crown Princess of the kingdom Gerda and Kai live in. A strong cyrokenetic, she was led to believe that she was feared and hated by people. She became convinced people would kill her if her powers slipped, and went into self-exile. However, she went mad from isolation and created a kingdom of snow creatures to rule over. Her eventual loneliness and desire for actual companionship led to her letting Kai sneak onto her sleigh and back to her kingdom.

Eventually, Gerda, Bae and Kristoff enter Elsa's Kingdom, and find Kai frozen in a trance, with Elsa having attempted to remove Kai's mirror shard herself. During the argument with Elsa about what Kai is doing there, Gerda notices that Elsa has a strange mirror. Bae finds that Elsa has a mirror made out of parts of the fabled troll mirror, and finds that Elsa's majordormo is actually a disguised form of Forfaeold, the troll who created the original mirror [2]. It is here that Elsa engages in her battle with Forfaeold, enraged by the fact he essentially ruined the better part of her life.

Elsa succeeds in freezing Forfaeold, whom she then shatters into several thousand pieces. But the battle takes its toll on the palace, which collapses. Gerda, Kristoff, Bae, and Kai escape, but the latter insists they save Elsa. Having regained her consciousness upon arrival at the village, Elsa removes the mirror shard from Kai. Sincerely thanking Gerda and Kristoff for helping her return to reality and letting go of her paranoia. Everyone welcomes her back enthusiastically, and Kai returns to consciousness. Though it takes Gerda saying his name to remember her completely.

[1] ITTL, Madeline Kahn and Carrie Fisher are both alive and well still.
[2] His name is a fusion of the Danish words forfærdeligt (horrid) and trold (troll).

Last edited:
So I watched IHE's video (on his Jar Media account) on the new Super Mario Bros movie idea. I remember he made mention of a movie about the Wario Bros being a good idea, and I found that interesting.

I was envisioning Danny DeVito as Wario and Stefan Karl Stefansson as Waluigi. Not sure what the actual plot of the movie would be about though.

Last edited:
The Emperor and the Sun

After the shock success of The Lion King, Disney determined that they should try going for stories that were not specifically based on one story. The film features several musical numbers composed by recording artist Sting and Tim Rice, with some help from the latter's long-time collaborator Andrew Lloyd Webber. With a known history of production troubles, it took the return of Don Bluth and Richard Rich to reconcile various ideas present in early versions of the story.

The film is set in the Incan Empire, and stars a young prince named Kuzco (Fred Savage), who is bored with his luxurious life and agrees to switch places for a week or two with an identical peasant named Inti (Will Freidle). But an evil member of Kuzco's council named Yzma (Eartha Kitt) turns him into a llama so he can't learn that she is summoning the Incan God of Death to block out the sun. Poor Inti is forced to serve as a puppet in Kuzco's stead. But before Kuzco became a llama, the truth regarding the swap was discovered by Inti's father Pacha (John Goodman). As such, Pacha and Kuzco try to find their way back to the palace. Meanwhile, Inti meets Kuzco's betrothed Nina (Isla Fisher) who is unaware of the switch. Which leads to further romantic tension.
You know, I'd definitely watch that.
will there be any Patrick Warburton Kronk though

Back to the Beach.

American Veteran Frankie Avalon and his ex army nurse wife Annette Funicello visit Omaha Beach during the filming of "The Longest Day" whereupon he suffers a mental breakdown and has to be slowly nursed back to health placing a great strain on his marriage.

It is a musical correct? -- Eric Von Zipper is there, he has to be it is Omaha Beach. -- Who is the faded comedic star, Jim Cary or Eddie Murphy? -- Does Frankie do hip-hop during his breakdown scene?

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters

Released by Miramax Films on June 7, 1991
Based on the comic book by Don Chin and Patrick Parsons

Directed by Sam Raimi
Hamster puppets built by Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr

VOICES
Ron Perlman as Clint
Mark Hamill as Chuck
George Takei as Jackie
Evan C. Kim as Bruce

A blatant cash-grab. After Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles devoured the competition like pizza in 1990, New Line Cinema finally had the confidence to diversify beyond their normal horror fare. But for some reason, Miramax decided they wanted a piece of the pie by acquiring the distribution rights to a film based on one of many imitators spawned by the Heroes on the Half-Shell.​

^ and who could forget:
512ss3e2x9L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters

Released by Miramax Films on June 7, 1991
Based on the comic book by Don Chin and Patrick Parsons

Directed by Sam Raimi
Hamster puppets built by Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr

VOICES
Ron Perlman as Clint
Mark Hamill as Chuck
George Takei as Jackie
Evan C. Kim as Bruce

A blatant cash-grab. After Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles devoured the competition like pizza in 1990, New Line Cinema finally had the confidence to diversify beyond their normal horror fare. But for some reason, Miramax decided they wanted a piece of the pie by acquiring the distribution rights to a film based on one of many imitators spawned by the Heroes on the Half-Shell.​

I own all the comics so, I sooooooo watch this!

Awesome cast too. Needs Tim Curry for a dash more cheese.

America's Steam Streamliners (2004)

Released by the railfan film studio Pentrex, this video details various preserved steamlined steamers across the Continental United States.

- First off we meet the crown Prince of the steam speedster. Southern Pacific 4-8-4 Class GS-4 #4449 is followed as she hauls a special excursion in celebration of the California HSR, run mainly by SP, opening its service from Los Angeles to San Fransisco via the Central Valley. Later on, she double heads with Cab Forward #4294 over Donner Pass to a Golden Spike Anniversary Celebration.
- New York Central 4-6-4 Class J3a #5450 leads the 1998 NRHS Convention train from Albany to Syracuse, NY. As well as another train all the way to Buffalo.
- Santa Fe 4-8-4 #3765 and 4-6-4 #3460, members of the "Blue Geese" fleet to streamlined ATSF steamers, reunite in Belen, NM as part of an expose of Santa Fe's passenger rail history. The 3765 then leads the eastbound Super Chief east to Chicago via the Peoria subdivision.
- Nashville, Chattanooga, & St. Louis 4-8-4 #576 leads an excursion from Nashville to Chattanooga on home rails. Later in the year, she runs over Amtrak Midwest lines to Chicago with the northbound version of Amtrak's Floridian from Chicago to Miami.
- Norfolk & Western 4-8-4 Class J #611 leads an excursion over home rails from Roanoke to Richmond via Lynchburg. The Richmond subdivision is one of the newest mainlines in America, having been built in the 1930s. Next, the 611 ventures to the Midwest. Where it runs over the Pennsylvania Railroad's Panhandle from Indianapolis to St. Louis via Terre Haute, IN.

[1] IOTL, the ATSF didn't go through with streamlining due to weight troubles out west. Of course ITTL things went differently.

Toy Story 3 but the claw doesn't catch Woody.
On that note and a way for us all to forget you said this. Since Toy Story 4 came out my 3 year old son has been on a Toy Story watching spree. Toy Story 3 happens to be the one he watches the most because it is on Hulu. Every time after that scene he always runs and finds me. He says, " Daddy, Daddy, they saved Woody." And I'll say, "Who the aliens with the CLAAAWWW?". And he will repeat back much cuter than me, " Yeah the aliens with the CLAAAWWW." Lol.

On that note and a way for us all to forget you said this. Since Toy Story 4 came out my 3 year old son has been on a Toy Story watching spree. Toy Story 3 happens to be the one he watches the most because it is on Hulu. Every time after that scene he always runs and finds me. He says, " Daddy, Daddy, they saved Woody." And I'll say, "Who the aliens with the CLAAAWWW?". And he will repeat back much cuter than me, " Yeah the aliens with the CLAAAWWW." Lol.
Awww, that's sweet! :) I remember watching Toy Story 3 and just praying that everything would be okay for them, because I was just thinking, "what are they gonna do now??" My younger brother also really wanted a Lotso toy because he really wanted him to redeem himself in the end, and he wanted to recreate Toy Story 3 where he actually does push the button. I really love Toy Story (one of my favorite movies) and just sometimes make weird posts here to play around and get a reaction out of people (think of it as an experiment to see how people react to alternate movies, not meant to be anything serious lol), not because I have a grudge against Toy Story or anything lol. My personal favorite is the second one. Does your son have a particular favorite?

Last edited: