The Battle of Dorking

The Battle of Dorking is a novel from 1871 that depicts the invasion and conquest of Britain by an unnamed enemy; although considering its publication immediately after the Franco-Prussian War, as well as the fact they speak German, they are probably the German Empire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Dorking

What would the world look like in the aftermath? How would the other great powers react to the sudden dismantling of the British Empire and Germany's rise to prominence? Would there be a world war, or does a cold war seem more likely?

If Germany is able capture Britain, it probably has already conquered Low Countries and parts of France. So there hardly would be WW1. USA hardly is going challenge Germany if Germany doesn't try intervene to Americas.

If Germany is able capture Britain, it probably has already conquered Low Countries and parts of France. So there hardly would be WW1. USA hardly is going challenge Germany if Germany doesn't try intervene to Americas.
The US annexing Canada (and other British possessions in the western hemisphere I'd imagine) would suggest American relations with Germany are quite good. Russia might be Germany's main adversary, particularly if they didn't gain anything from the dismantling of Britain's empire.

The US annexing Canada (and other British possessions in the western hemisphere I'd imagine) would suggest American relations with Germany are quite good. Russia might be Germany's main adversary, particularly if they didn't gain anything from the dismantling of Britain's empire.

I think for Battle of Dorking scenario to work out, Germany probably needs at least Russia's benevolent neutrality which in turn means that the Dreikaiserbund never dissolves. Russia presumably uses Britain's collapse to expand into Turkey and India.

I think for Battle of Dorking scenario to work out, Germany probably needs at least Russia's benevolent neutrality which in turn means that the Dreikaiserbund never dissolves. Russia presumably uses Britain's collapse to expand into Turkey and India.
The scenario has India becoming independent, however I agree that it would be an area Russia would want to expand its influence into in with Britain out the picture.

Its mentioned, that a great part of the british fleet operated at the Dardannels, which seems to imply russian pressure against Turkey.

I admit this story isn't all that realistic, but it was written mainly to convince the British military establishment to take modernization seriously, as the author was an officer in the Royal Engineers. For one thing, the Germans defeat the Royal Navy with something referred to only as "deadly engines." I would interpret this as torpedoes, but it's left vague. Any ideas on how we could make this more plausible?