The Anglo-Saxon Social Model - EURO 2020

Matchdays 7-9
Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 09.52.12.png

Sorry if you've already said this, but I'm curious as to what strip the United Kingdom football team would play in. As I'm more of a rugby fan, I guess there's the OTL precedent of the B&I Lions playing in red, white, blue and green. The British Olympic team in 2012 played in a rather odd blue union jack flavoured number. A red shirt would be a nice nod to OTL England's 1966 winning side I guess as well as to Wales?

Sorry if you've already said this, but I'm curious as to what strip the United Kingdom football team would play in. As I'm more of a rugby fan, I guess there's the OTL precedent of the B&I Lions playing in red, white, blue and green. The British Olympic team in 2012 played in a rather odd blue union jack flavoured number. A red shirt would be a nice nod to OTL England's 1966 winning side I guess as well as to Wales?

I have been giving this some thought in the event that they make it to the final. I think the kit would probably be based on red, white and blue. This is what I've come up with most recently but I worry it's a bit boring...

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 16.31.43.png

I have been giving this some thought in the event that they make it to the final. I think the kit would probably be based on red, white and blue. This is what I've come up with most recently but I worry it's a bit boring...

View attachment 559412
I can't remember: is Ireland still part of the UK in TTL , a separate part of the Commonwealth or completely out of it altogether? I'm guessing the latter if there's no green?

I can't remember: is Ireland still part of the UK in TTL , a separate part of the Commonwealth or completely out of it altogether? I'm guessing the latter if there's no green?
Yes it is (the original POD is the attempted assassination of Queen Victoria in 1872 succeeding, which leads to Home Rule being passed in the 1880s) but as a result the colour associated with Ireland is blue anyway and not green (at least in the UK).

So I just thought that I ought to clarify how I'm deciding the scores. I did things slightly differently during the group stages but that's not important right now. For the knockout games this is how they're decided:
  1. All teams are divided into Pots 1, 2 or 3, according to their FIFA ranking (see the group stage info for this). By this point all the teams are drawn from Pots 1 and 2:
    1. Pot 1 - UK, Benelux, France, Spain
    2. Pot 2 - Nordics, Catalonia, USSR, Switzerland
  2. When the game comes round, I roll three dice for Pot 1 teams and two dice for Pot 2 teams. I then add up the individual dice rolls on each side and whoever has the higher number is the winner. The exact score etc. is made up by me though.
Just to avoid any allegations of me fixing it for a particular team...