The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has probably been covered before but I have to ask.

1) What was the death toll of the Anglo American/Nazi war-WW2 in Europe?
2) What was the death toll of the Pacific war? I know the Japanese were blockaded and starved out but I was wondering what Japanese casualties were like and what the overall casualties were for the theater. Were long term isolated Japanese hold outs a bigger problem then OTL? Were there also isolated long term Nazi hold outs?
3) What were American and allied casualties for both wars?
4) What were the casualties caused by the Nazi's use of biological weapons? What were the casualties from the British use of anthrax?
5) How many nuclear weapons were used in OTL WW2/ Ango american nazi war.
6) Are there any really weird weapon systems that ended up being developed and brought into service in the war?

Answers here.

As there is 80th anniversary of start of ww2 today, I wonder how commemoration may look like ITTL?

I fell like the rump Soviet Union would use the occasion to call for a reunification of Russia (under Soviet leadership of course)

Also i would expect a lot of anti-german sentiment especially in Eastern Europe.

I wonder however how the inhabitants of what used to be Germany deal with this occasion, especially their heads of State

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
@CalBear what is the environment like overall in the world? And how aware is the world of environmental issues?
The environment is less of a disaster than IOTL, mainly thanks to the serious investments in both renewables and nuclear power across North America, India, Australia, the UK and SEA. South America sort of falls in the "a little better than IOTL" emissions-wise depending on the country (wealthier countries like Brazil and Argentina are much more in the (heavily monitored) Nuclear generation and Solar game than the poorer ones as might be expected). Europe produces a LOT of carbon, but less than today (WAY fewer Europeans, even 60 years after the end of the war, the German states, Poland, Ukraine are pretty much ghost-towns). The USSR, China, and most of Africa pump out carbon like its 1955.

As noted there is great hope around commercially usable fusion in the next decade or so that will replace nuclear reactors and provide cheap, clean energy around the planet (except for China, where the Cabal is hoping for something very, very different).

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I see that the A4's monopoly on space has been retconned from "No space travel by anyone else ever" to "only we are allowed mass drivers"?
Not really, the 65 mile limit is still in place. The Indian Lunar missions were completed before the A4 prohibitions were put in place.

Not really, the 65 mile limit is still in place. The Indian Lunar missions were completed before the A4 prohibitions were put in place.
Ah, OK. How irate was the Indian reaction when the A4 put that limit in place?

Also, does the A4 allow e.g. teams of Indian researchers to ride on their mass drivers for non-military purposes, or is India totally locked out of space?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Ah, OK. How irate was the Indian reaction when the A4 put that limit in place?

Also, does the A4 allow e.g. teams of Indian researchers to ride on their mass drivers for non-military purposes, or is India totally locked out of space?
The Indians were... unthrilled. That is until they realized that there was at least as much to explore, and exploit UNDER the ocean as their was in Space and at about 1/50th of the cost.

The Indians will have a seat on either Lowell Four or Lowell Five. It's patr of a general thawing of relations between the A4 and India.

The Indians were... unthrilled. That is until they realized that there was at least as much to explore, and exploit UNDER the ocean as their was in Space and at about 1/50th of the cost.

The Indians will have a seat on either Lowell Four or Lowell Five. It's patr of a general thawing of relations between the A4 and India.

I somehow doubt India would accept this permanently.
They will almost certainly at last attempt to develop a counter strike capability against A4 strikes- nations REALLY hate having to toe the line, especially against q former colonial master, and India is strong enoug to have the ability to pursue counters.

Put another way a space monopoly has the same effect Star Wars did, it removes MAD and that makes things more dangerous.

somehow doubt India would accept this permanently.
They will almost certainly at last attempt to develop a counter strike capability against A4 strikes- nations REALLY hate having to toe the line, especially against q former colonial master, and India is strong enoug to have the ability to pursue counters.
Problem is that if the A4 caught them in the middle of this, they'd be blown off the face of the Earth...I don't know if they'd want to risk that

Garetor

Gone Fishin'
Problem is that if the A4 caught them in the middle of this, they'd be blown off the face of the Earth...I don't know if they'd want to risk that

There has to be a breaking point. To cripple a state like India, you're looking at a death toll potentially exceeding what even the Nazis did in this timeline. The A4 aren't insane monsters. I have to think they would see the need to develop a new framework eventually. Perhaps a space treaty org you can buy into.

There has to be a breaking point. To cripple a state like India, you're looking at a death toll potentially exceeding what even the Nazis did in this timeline. The A4 aren't insane monsters. I have to think they would see the need to develop a new framework eventually. Perhaps a space treaty org you can buy into.
They do seem to be moving on this even after Stetten. Its up to @CalBear obviously but my guess is as the wartime generation retires or dies off there will be a recognition that you don't need the stick for everyone. Germany will never be let back on its feet if course but India is a peaceful, productive democracy and with the old fears fading, the A4 will hopefully see that some powers are worthy of being equals.

That or squashing China together shows they need India as a friend and not an enemy.

Great timeline by the way @CalBear

They do seem to be moving on this even after Stetten. Its up to @CalBear obviously but my guess is as the wartime generation retires or dies off there will be a recognition that you don't need the stick for everyone. Germany will never be let back on its feet if course but India is a peaceful, productive democracy and with the old fears fading, the A4 will hopefully see that some powers are worthy of being equals.

That or squashing China together shows they need India as a friend and not an enemy.

Great timeline by the way @CalBear

The bigger problem is that India, given the, ah, history with Britain and the fact that they were a key ally against the Nazis, is likely very very pissed that they are still being treated as a second class power.

How that resolves is another question but I doubt they will simply renounce any and all interest in space.

How different would the Hot War have been if Hitler remained in good health and didn’t have a stroke allowing Himmler to take charge in 1958?

How about if Goebbels or Goering were in the room when he had the stroke instead of Himmler?

Status
Not open for further replies.