The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the A4 respond to a 9/11-esque attack? Complete glassing of any Arab nation that even looks at them funny?

Well...

If they were ISOTed to our world, they wouldn't hesitate to made a "friendly suggestion" to the Saudi monarchs to stop promoting their violent ideology, and not to slice up an innocent journalist.

ccdsah

Donor
Well...

If they were ISOTed to our world, they wouldn't hesitate to made a "friendly suggestion" to the Saudi monarchs to stop promoting their violent ideology, and not to slice up an innocent journalist.
Saudi monarchs would be toppled in A4 world if they didn't get their shit in order.

Well...

The OTL Saudis recently went ballistic on Canada (my country of birth, citizenship and residence) for our (then) ambassador's polite suggestion that they be a bit less draconian on the detentions. This went as far as the expulsion of the ambassador and divestment of their Canadian holdings among other things.

In TTL, I suspect they would be more inclined to listen to an A4 country if they know what's good for them.:cool:

Last edited:
The OTL Saudis recently went ballistic on Canada (my country of birth, citizenship and resistance) for our (then) ambassador's polite suggestion that they be a bit less draconian on the detentions. This went as far as the expulsion of the ambassador and divestment of their Canadian holdings among other things.

In TTL, I suspect they would be more inclined to listen to an A4 country if they know what's good for them.:cool:

To me, the Saudis are a bunch of spoiled children who have had their way because of their extreme wealth and the vital resources they control, which has precluded them from trying to modernize their country. So that doesn't really surprise me.

If the A4 were ISOTed to our world, I don't know if the Saudis would drive the A4 to war.

Depends on when the A4 get ISOTed this world IMO if the gloves come off at the start or if the A4 gives a warning then one terror attack later they come off.

On that matter there should be a general A4 thread for ISOT questions.

To me, the Saudis are a bunch of spoiled children who have had their way because of their extreme wealth and the vital resources they control, which has precluded them from trying to modernize their country. So that doesn't really surprise me.
And also because they control the holy cities of Mecca and Medina, which means that no non-Muslim power would attack them for fear that the entire Muslim world would come to their aid...

I'm wondering what the culture of the pied-noirs in Algeria is like in this world: did a significant fraction of them feel like they'd lost their ancestral French homeland (due to the horrific destruction inflicted on it by the retreating Nazis), thus making them more likely that they'd embrace Arabic culture and/or Islam?

Orry

Donor
Monthly Donor
I'm wondering what the culture of the pied-noirs in Algeria is like in this world: did a significant fraction of them feel like they'd lost their ancestral French homeland (due to the horrific destruction inflicted on it by the retreating Nazis), thus making them more likely that they'd embrace Arabic culture and/or Islam?

I would have thought in the short to medium term at least it would make them cling more tightly to their French heritage.

It was discussed back on page #376. There were a variety of responses.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...erican-nazi-war.140356/page-376#post-13380636

@CalBear, I been thinking...what ever happened to the western genre? You mention in the US ' Conformity is not seen as a bad thing; a Rebel without a cause is seen as a fool without a clue."

Same for a lot of actors and would be stars either getting killed, or never becoming popular.

I figure West Alaska could be a good place for a lot of movies and Western Settings. (Aside from China over the border and the Soviets too...)

@CalBear, I been thinking...what ever happened to the western genre? You mention in the US ' Conformity is not seen as a bad thing; a Rebel without a cause is seen as a fool without a clue."

Same for a lot of actors and would be stars either getting killed, or never becoming popular.

I figure West Alaska could be a good place for a lot of movies and Western Settings. (Aside from China over the border and the Soviets too...)

They already had Osterns there, in Siberia and Central Asia.

Did Franz von Papen survive the War ITTL? If he did, I wonder how he must as felt about his decision to appoint Hitler as Chancellor?

OTL, he was pretty unrepentant about his role, and remained stanchly authoritarian. I wonder how ITTL he would react to the ruin that was once Berlin.

So in the modern day ITTL, is the Paris area still an ecological wasteland, or have there been those who have tried to rebuild Paris, and restore its former glory? Or is a rebuild Paris, like a united Germany, something that is beyond reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.