The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Some mentions of AANW on Reddit:

One Redditor commented this:
how do you think a AANW version of Downfall (that movie that was so memed because of Hitler ranting) would be like? imagine the actors in that universe would be the same as in our world, but idk if the plot of the alternate Downfall would be similar, since Downfall is based on real ending of the War. maybe AANW Downfall would be more darker. plus no Soviets even mentioned because in AANW they were virtually destroyed by Nazis. i think AANW would be more interesting if Nazis had found out about nukes from spies in Britain in the late 40s and the ceasefire lasting until 1962, and Hitler dying in 1951, with Heydrich (had he not been assasinated in AANW like OTL) succeeding him, and the Hot War being longer and far worse until the 1970s. thus making a dark timeline even darker and more nightmarish. an even worse dystopia with a Nuclear armed Reich.

I can’t help but feel that, regarding the Cabal, something will go wrong before there ideal timetable for releasing the plague is reached.

All totalitarian regimes fall for the reason that no one human being (or small group of human beings, as I presume the cabal is) is smart and wise (I do make a distinction, yes) enough to control everything.

OTL’s North Korea is the exception to this rule, not the rule to follow. Personally I think that by 2022, the Cabal would have already f-ed up or would be faced with things slipping out of their control.

Either way, given the Cabal’s been around for almost 60 years ITTL, I’m fairly sure their time is up and the people of this world would soon receive the answer to the question of “Do the Rods of God work against China?”

The results would not be pleasant to say the least. I could draft a scenario for such a thing, but I don’t want to take over CalBear’s thread.

I can’t help but feel that, regarding the Cabal, something will go wrong before there ideal timetable for releasing the plague is reached.

All totalitarian regimes fall for the reason that no one human being (or small group of human beings, as I presume the cabal is) is smart and wise (I do make a distinction, yes) enough to control everything.

OTL’s North Korea is the exception to this rule, not the rule to follow. Personally I think that by 2022, the Cabal would have already f-ed up or would be faced with things slipping out of their control.

Either way, given the Cabal’s been around for almost 60 years ITTL, I’m fairly sure their time is up and the people of this world would soon receive the answer to the question of “Do the Rods of God work against China?”

The results would not be pleasant to say the least. I could draft a scenario for such a thing, but I don’t want to take over CalBear’s thread.
Plus, I don't think it's possible to make a disease that kills everyone except a particular ethnicity.

Plus, I don't think it's possible to make a disease that kills everyone except a particular ethnicity.
I can think of potential ways off the top of my head that it could be done, though in either case it would be messy (ie a bunch of your favored ethnicity would likely still be targeted, and others would survive), and it might not be possible for all ethnicities. And of course it might not be possible, but I don't yet think there is enough data to go on that

The first option is protein based, whip up a virus that targets a specific cell membrane receptor protein, one that is ethnically linked and your "safe group" does not have. AFAIK there are a few such proteins

The second is a lysogenic virus that targets a specific segment of the host cell's DNA that is ethnically linked, and can't work with your "safe group"

I can probably come up with a few variant ideas with more thought, though at the end for ethnic determination it's either cell membrane proteins or DNA, with the latter determining the former

Now there are probably huge issues to overcome, and it may not say work with Han Chinese even if that happens

Given the tendency of totalitarian regimes to politicise science, I doubt the Cabal’s “wunderwaffen” will ever come to fruition.

I think the Cabal’s best bet is creating a very good bioweapon (at best) and then using it. Or maybe it spills from their hands and the A4 finds out, in which case the Cabal will use it anyway knowing that Washington most certainly will not give them to explain themselves - “Shoot first, ask questions later” kind of stuff.

Given the general tendency of totalitarian regimes like “Cabalist China” and OTL regimes, I think the 2020s is as far as Beijing’s luck extends.

Given the tendency of totalitarian regimes to politicise science, I doubt the Cabal’s “wunderwaffen” will ever come to fruition.

I think the Cabal’s best bet is creating a very good bioweapon (at best) and then using it. Or maybe it spills from their hands and the A4 finds out, in which case the Cabal will use it anyway knowing that Washington most certainly will not give them to explain themselves - “Shoot first, ask questions later” kind of stuff.

Given the general tendency of totalitarian regimes like “Cabalist China” and OTL regimes, I think the 2020s is as far as Beijing’s luck extends.
I'm guessing this Cabalist China does not look like the PRC of OTL with gleaming skyscrapers, monorails, shipyards, and economic centers?

With Europe pretty messed up by Nazi rule and the kerfuffle that ended Nazi rule, is it safe to say the European Grand Prix Racing series never evolved into F1? Is Indy Car the pinnacle of open wheel motorsport ITTL?

With Europe pretty messed up by Nazi rule and the kerfuffle that ended Nazi rule, is it safe to say the European Grand Prix Racing series never evolved into F1? Is Indy Car the pinnacle of open wheel motorsport ITTL?
European culture of OTL is very much non-existent in the 20 years of Nazi rule on the continent. Indy 500 would definitely take the reigns compared to F1.

On the side note, what do you guys think happened to German and Italian cars such as BMW, Audi, Lamborghini, and Ferrari?

European culture of OTL is very much non-existent in the 20 years of Nazi rule on the continent. Indy 500 would definitely take the reigns compared to F1.

On the side note, what do you guys think happened to German and Italian cars such as BMW, Audi, Lamborghini, and Ferrari?
Mr. Lambo was originally a tractor maker, so maybe he built tanks at some point?

and while we're on the topic of sports, do the German statelets get to participate in the olympics? Or does the IOC have some new rule basically saying "The Germans are naughty boy's and are grounded forever"?

Mr. Lambo was originally a tractor maker, so maybe he built tanks at some point?
Or maybe he made tanks or IFVs at some point up until the Anglo-American alliance invaded Italy.
and while we're on the topic of sports, do the German statelets get to participate in the olympics? Or does the IOC have some new rule basically saying "The Germans are naughty boy's and are grounded forever"?
All the surviving German states are highly likely to barred forever.

Eh, banned from hosting makes sense given how Hitler used the games for propaganda. But banning them from an explicite celebration of peace seems counter-productive.

Eh, banned from hosting makes sense given how Hitler used the games for propaganda. But banning them from an explicite celebration of peace seems counter-productive.
Sadly, the world of AANW have a neverending vendetta against the German people, even though it was their ancestors that did the atrocities. The rod attack on the Stettin uprising just showed how the A4 has no regards for civilian life since it will no longer tolerate a united Germany.

Perhaps I am wrong that the surviving German states will be banned. I'm thinking that these survivor states (Bavaria as an example) would need to rename because the word Germany is too much of stigma for the present world.

IIRC Berlin 1936 was the last Olympic Games to take place TTL:
The concept of the Olympics still exists, but with Asia mostly a shattered hulk and Europe a Nazi ruled block (or the ATL 1959 smoking hole) the concept is all that is left. It doesn't help that the last Olympics were the ones held in the Reich in 1936, which are as much remembered for Hitler's propaganda as for the wonder that was Jesse Owens.

Biggest major problem of China seems being its uncontrolled rise of populaiton. It barely can even give enough of food for its people. So Cabal regime has either do something or just wait disaster caused by overpopulation. IIRC ITTL Chna has two times as high population as in OTL and even OTL China is struggling its population.

I bit too doubt that such thing is possible. And another difficult thing is to make that simultane3ously extremely lethal and still spreading effectively everywhere. Very lethal diseases tend to burn themselves quickly or then become lesser dangerous. It is reason why for example ebola has not spread outside of Africa.

IIRC Berlin 1936 was the last Olympic Games to take place TTL:
So there is more than 30 years of no Olympic Games held here. I'm guessing the first Olympics since the end of the Hot War would be held in 1964. That is something to held with high jubilation.
Biggest major problem of China seems being its uncontrolled rise of populaiton. It barely can even give enough of food for its people. So Cabal regime has either do something or just wait disaster caused by overpopulation. IIRC ITTL Chna has two times as high population as in OTL and even OTL China is struggling its population.
I'm surprised Cabalist China has not decided to "flood" its neighbors with Chinese people, especially since India, the rump USSR, and the U.S. State of West Alaska is nearby.
I bit too doubt that such thing is possible. And another difficult thing is to make that simultane3ously extremely lethal and still spreading effectively everywhere. Very lethal diseases tend to burn themselves quickly or then become lesser dangerous. It is reason why for example ebola has not spread outside of Africa.
Correct. Lethal diseases will kill more hosts hence there are less hosts to spread it. Let's just hope the Cabal aren't stupid enough to start World War III.

According to one of Calbear's post war updates (Post number 9,721 of the original thread), the Olympic Games started back up in 1976 being held in Los Angeles for the Summer games and Mammoth Mountain for the Winter Games. 52 countries sent athletes to one or both of the games. He said the Norwegians dominated the rowing events and the Russians won four gold medals in boxing. It's on page 487 of the original thread.

BTW, The World Cup started back up in 1966

Last edited: