The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Never really thought about it.

Globally the overall numbers are better, mainly thanks to much greater investment in both Nuclear Power and massive Solar Farms/Wind Farms/Hydroelectric generation (on the scale that only Nation States can manage) that, while appalling conservationists who have watched delicate ecosystems get trampled, have reduced reliance on fossil fuels, especially in the U.S., where a combination of high speed rail and EV vehicles has made iC engine vehicles pretty much niche consumer products (pretty much the mirror image of today) with the main users of IC engines being the military and certain agricultural operations (those that are located too far from generation/relay stations).

I would imaginate that Chinese enviroment is even in worse condition than in OTL if it is even possible. China can't feed its 2B population without massive foreign support with any way. It would mean that it has outright exploit its enviroment to really bad condition. Probably every square meter of fertile land is now farmland, every place where is some valuable minerals are turned as polluting mines etc.

Yes, it has Soviet vassal but Siberia can't produce lot of food.

Never really thought about it.

Globally the overall numbers are better, mainly thanks to much greater investment in both Nuclear Power and massive Solar Farms/Wind Farms/Hydroelectric generation (on the scale that only Nation States can manage) that, while appalling conservationists who have watched delicate ecosystems get trampled, have reduced reliance on fossil fuels, especially in the U.S., where a combination of high speed rail and EV vehicles has made iC engine vehicles pretty much niche consumer products (pretty much the mirror image of today) with the main users of IC engines being the military and certain agricultural operations (those that are located too far from generation/relay stations).
Also, how's the exact condition of the Chinese environment? I recall TTL China being mentioned as an environmental mess, I'd imagine feeding a population of 2+ Billion (soon to be 3 billion people in 2030-40 and 4 billion in theory by 2050) to be ecologically sustainable.

Also, how's the exact condition of the Chinese environment? I recall TTL China being mentioned as an environmental mess, I'd imagine feeding a population of 2+ Billion (soon to be 3 billion people in 2030-40 and 4 billion in theory by 2050) to be ecologically sustainable.

I can't see China being sustainable anymore even with its current population. It is probably already very near of edge. It has do something or it has worst possible disaster ahead. Probably Cabal decides release its virus weapon soon even if it is not ready yet. I just can't see for them being any good end there. Probably even that wouldn't help if Cabal would open and ask food for their people. And that they are not going to do and probably A4 allows them to drown their own shit.

What's the typical penalty for war crimes, and did the post-war Allies ever bring their own war criminals, if any, into account?

Probably just death by hanging being harshest and long prison sentence at mildst.

Eh is there a story thread for this timeline?

Also what is the general state of the UK and the Commonwealth in this timeline? Also, what does France and its Territories look like as well just from flicking back a couple of dozen pages it looks like Europe got pants, tripped and then beaten with nailed cricket bats repeatedly.

Eh is there a story thread for this timeline?

Also what is the general state of the UK and the Commonwealth in this timeline? Also, what does France and its Territories look like as well just from flicking back a couple of dozen pages it looks like Europe got pants, tripped and then beaten with nailed cricket bats repeatedly.
The story thread is posted on the very first page.

After France became akin to a failed state, the UK took Normandy and Brittany. India is said to be independent in 1961, so I think what follows suit is the independence of British colonies akin to OTL but much later.

For France, the remaining territories include Algeria and some Pacific Territories. I do not know if the Caribbean or San Pierre and Miquelon fell under A4 jurisdiction.

After France became akin to a failed state, the UK took Normandy and Brittany. India is said to be independent in 1961, so I think what follows suit is the independence of British colonies akin to OTL but much later.
Makes sense so I guess the Commonwealth probably looks something like it does OTL then. Still curious how Britain got Normandy and Brittany was that taken out of them or did they ask to join? Sinc the North of France has a lot of agricultural areas and I think most of what was their industry at the time is in the North.

Also cripes when that happened if Charlie Gaul is still alive and someone important he probably had a heart attack if he is dead then you could have more than likely hooked him up to a generator he would be spinning that fast. Still, France must have been in a bad way if it is a failed state then the Nazi's have looted the hell out of them and amongst other things which would have been nightmarish.

Heck given they are a failed state I guess after they got their independce back they probably picked a fight with someone which was probably a wake-up call which probably says their military is not in good shape.

Makes sense so I guess the Commonwealth probably looks something like it does OTL then. Still curious how Britain got Normandy and Brittany was that taken out of them or did they ask to join? Sinc the North of France has a lot of agricultural areas and I think most of what was their industry at the time is in the North.

Also cripes when that happened if Charlie Gaul is still alive and someone important he probably had a heart attack if he is dead then you could have more than likely hooked him up to a generator he would be spinning that fast. Still, France must have been in a bad way if it is a failed state then the Nazi's have looted the hell out of them and amongst other things which would have been nightmarish.

Heck given they are a failed state I guess after they got their independce back they probably picked a fight with someone which was probably a wake-up call which probably says their military is not in good shape.
If memory serves, the people of Brittany and Normandy voted to be part of Britain after the region was under British protection during the titular Anglo/American-Nazi War.

I would assume the British would have spent humongous resources from its colonies just to offer protection to northern France.

Charles de Gaulle died as a miserable man in Algeria after seeing his nation crumble and get partitioned. France did get its independence, but was a shadow of its former self.

I am pretty sure that France has not Algeria.
France lost everything (due to the Vichy government going from collaboration to active ally of the Reich after 1945). Algeria and the other French colonies were declared independent around that time and were fully functioning states by the time France was liberated/conquered. Also Normandy and much of the North coast did a "screw this I'm outta here," once it became clear France proper was failing and managed to sneak into the UK by essentially resurrecting the old Angevin empire and taking the channel Islands route.

Unlike most Euro states France's initial government post war (probably the remaining Free French) imploded quickly and it was ruled by a joke of a revanchist regime for decades who constantly demanded the return of the North and the entire empire. They were ignored by the defacto world Government and their antics made the North far less interested in ending what was meant to be a merely temporary arrangement to the point it's now when not if they try to become the fifth home nation.

Eventually the French wised up turfed out the idiots at the ballot box and accepted matters but (excepting the German microstates) it's probably still the weakest of the former Axis states at present.

Cool, thanks. Any idea what proportion of those what have been British, Commonweath, American etc?
No information available. That said the book is "in-universe" at a point where the A-4 is closely allied and the defacto world Government so scholar's may not make a destination between which W-ally lost what as they do OTL since it's all the same army.

What’s Allied equipment like? I know that CalBear mentioned that there were problems during the invasion of Sicily. Was it resolved in the aftermath?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

THis is actually described in the "postscripts" of the initial thread.

What's the general mindset of your typical 20 something in the german statelets? Do they think the treatment of modern Germans is fair or is it more like "We had this coming, we deserve what we have"?