Terry Pratchett-Darwin's Watch

This is the third of the "Science of Diskworld" book, where the professors of Unseen University are attempting to preserve the life of Charles Darwin and his book, "Origin of Specis" before it and he are deleted from history.
Start with the first one. It's funnier. His fiction books are much funnier. Probably it's because this is Pratchett, with Stewart and Cohen, and not just pure Pratchett.
I bought this one importado from Britain so you might not find it in bookstores for a while.

wkwillis said:
This is the third of the "Science of Diskworld" book, where the professors of Unseen University are attempting to preserve the life of Charles Darwin and his book, "Origin of Specis" before it and he are deleted from history.
Start with the first one. It's funnier. His fiction books are much funnier. Probably it's because this is Pratchett, with Stewart and Cohen, and not just pure Pratchett.
I bought this one importado from Britain so you might not find it in bookstores for a while.

I got it about a month back.

It's not as clear, nor is it as funny as the Science of Discworld and The Globe. Still a good read though.

MrP

Banned
Yes, less enjoyable this time. The scientists were getting a bit . . . overly snappish and too didactic (yes, I know it's a didactic book, but even so). The first's better. If there's a fourth I may end up just buying it to read TP, if Stewart and Cohen are like this again . . . :(

MrP

Banned
I'm an awful completist. :( I hate leaving things half done. Hence burned into my mind is still the first book I couldn't/wouldn't finish: Great Expectations (Please insert the joke of your choice here). Shudderingly bad. *shudder*