Tartessos not Rome.

Othniel said:
Any comments on the timeline?
Its interesting, thou I think that having such an early POD can cause really unpredictable results. Also, even thou it looks like its already been destroyed, I think that your central Anatolian nation could be the Lydians (you were looking for a name)

It became Caria. I messed this timeline up so much that I only have a gernal direction that I'm pushing in...I'm not sure on the specifics.

First off, very interesting TL, keep it up.

The Celts are something that are near and dear to my heart so forgive this bit of nitpick. I think it was around 500BC you had several tribes join Tartessos without a fight (unless I missed something) – why? Wouldn’t the rest of the Celtic nation have something to say about this? I think I would have given the forest green a little more territory into what you have marked as Nordica as the migrations out of that region would have only just begun due to the changing climate (but this isn’t my TL so who cares what I would do really). It wasn’t really until the 3rd century BC that you have the more northern tribes like the Suebi, Teutonii, Marcomonii, etc. coming into what had been Boii lands.

Earlier migration for purposes of a...taming them. The Celts get intagrated into Tartessos with the lure of trade and propserity (much like Romans did with some Italian city-states.) Tartessos has always had a presence in this region when it comes to this timeline, a later peaceful joining might be expected. A late barbarin invasion will happen but not until after 1100 AD.

Yes, I can see that – the Celts loved gadgets and shinny things so trade would do it (though as a people they are very touchy about being “ruled” so I’d keep an eye out for revolts). I think you’d still have the massive migrations from the north in the 3rd BC, at least I haven’t read anything in your TL that would mitigate or funnel the Scythians and Germanic tribes into another region. No worries, as I said, an interesting spin you put on things.

That's why I have Tartessos turning slowly from a kingdom to an Oligarcy, or maybe Representive council before the king. I have left out many things about Germanic Migration because my knoledge is limited in that area. Rather the split between the two groups causes for Poland and Scandivinavian nations to start forming. Formally they are seen as a presence with a common desendancies compared to Russian Tribes.

Tynnin said:
Yes, I can see that – the Celts loved gadgets and shinny things so trade would do it (though as a people they are very touchy about being “ruled” so I’d keep an eye out for revolts). I think you’d still have the massive migrations from the north in the 3rd BC, at least I haven’t read anything in your TL that would mitigate or funnel the Scythians and Germanic tribes into another region. No worries, as I said, an interesting spin you put on things.
But please continue your insight.

Darkest

Banned
I think everything is perfectly plausible as of now, but keep on doing the timeline. Remember that your goal is to have a Tartessian Empire and not a Roman one, so bend fortune towards Tartessos when you can afford to. I'll have to look up some stuff on wikipedia to give historical advice, but as of now I see no problem with it.

Thanks. Tartessos should be around till about 1200 AD and then be invaded and fall apart. Two rivals will be used, (four if you go that far East.) The Osci and the Germanic tribes.

A preview:

"I was amazed as I entered the Mound City, the more importnat buildings atop artificial hills like the Citadels of Greek Cities. Beautiful grass mounds surronding a small village plaza, nothing man-made within the Empire seemed to compare to this simplistic beauty. The highest of the houses contained the dwelling of the villiage wiseman. This man, called a Shaman, a medicine man, and the Elder of the Village."

First paragraph of about 6 I have written. Please Comment on what you think it means.

Othniel said:
A preview:

"I was amazed as I entered the Mound City, the more importnat buildings atop artificial hills like the Citadels of Greek Cities. Beautiful grass mounds surronding a small village plaza, nothing man-made within the Empire seemed to compare to this simplistic beauty. The highest of the houses contained the dwelling of the villiage wiseman. This man, called a Shaman, a medicine man, and the Elder of the Village."

First paragraph of about 6 I have written. Please Comment on what you think it means.

Cahokia? that's my first guess...(Eventhough I don't think the mississippians were around at this time)

Darkest

Banned
I wish I had a less general direction and something more along the lines specifics.

Why? That's the fun of a TL, make a few changes, keep a general direction, but your main motivation is just the desire to see what happens. Sure, you are making decisions on where the TL goes, and writing it out, but it's still a form of exploration of the infinity of time.

I'd personally love to see this continue, I've been following it off and on, and think it is a great idea. Good job with the maps as well. Don't get discouraged. Take your time, but don't give up.

Thanks,
Darkest90

I’d say "don’t get discouraged" would be the best advice. If you’re having fun than what’s the harm. When I did my TL I didn’t get the discussion I thought I would but the few response I did receive were enough to make it worth it (in fact most of my threads have gotten little run time – grumble).

So far, very entertaining, keep it up.