Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

You guessed it and it is something that is a bit outside most people's experience.

View attachment 521641

My misspent youth benefits me for the first time ever!

I never knew that was a thing... Thanks! :D

It's a weird one if you are used to just the wooden slats, but I think it's kind of more comfy. Problem is, got to keep the ropes tightened up proper or else you could wind up sinking in the middle. Think like a really big hammock.

ferdi254

Banned
And you need a proper mattress or you wake up with a nice pattern on your back (or elsewhere). And too energetic activities by heavy people... should be avoided.

And how to know what too energetic and too heavy is.. you will know right afterwards.

That kind of bed was actually not uncommon in German youth hospitals way until the 70s.

Last edited:
And you need a proper mattress or you wake up with a nice pattern on your back (or elsewhere). And too energetic activities by heavy people... should be avoided.

I mean, there's a couple of bondage jokes here to be made, but my hands are tied on this :p

And how to know what too energetic and too heavy is.. you will know right afterwards.

I'm an "energetic" sleeper. I move a lot. The fact the thing never snapped under me when I slept on it is only because I was a hell of a lot lighter back then.

That kind of bed was actually not uncommon in German youth hospitals way until the 70s.

Irish religious retreat in the mid 00's myself.

My misspent youth benefits me for the first time ever!

It's a weird one if you are used to just the wooden slats, but I think it's kind of more comfy. Problem is, got to keep the ropes tightened up proper or else you could wind up sinking in the middle. Think like a really big hammock.

Wow...never knew that. When I was a kid my bed was on an old wrought-iron frame then I went onto slats so...

It sounds comfy if done right alright :D

I mean, there's a couple of bondage jokes here to be made, but my hands are tied on this :p

XD Good one.

Now that has me imagining in a future update Louis calling looking for Kiki, Ben answering the phone and going ‘Ahhhh...no, All-Highest, Kiki can’t come to the phone she’s really busy...yeah, she’s really tied up with a few things...’ :p

I'm an "energetic" sleeper. I move a lot. The fact the thing never snapped under me when I slept on it is only because I was a hell of a lot lighter back then.

One place I rented, the slats on the old bed broke a couple of months in. Whoever was there before had broken them then propped them up with something so they didn’t have to lose their deposit...

Wow...never knew that. When I was a kid my bed was on an old wrought-iron frame then I went onto slats so...

It sounds comfy if done right alright :D

It can be. The important thing is making sure the ropes work proper.

XD Good one.

Now that has me imagining in a future update Louis calling looking for Kiki, Ben answering the phone and going ‘Ahhhh...no, All-Highest, Kiki can’t come to the phone she’s really busy...yeah, she’s really tied up with a few things...’ :p

More likely the ropes snap underneath the pair of them honestly. Then again, if P-M decides he wants to joke with us, that's up to him. Though I'm pretty sure Ben answering any phonecall from Louis while staying with Kiki would be full of enough awkward humour to entertain us.

Then again, I seriously doubt Rommel's rustic hideaway (and by that I don't mean the main house) has a phone. Truth be told, I'm basically picturing a high-quality army billet as the building as opposed to a civilian building, basically what Kat stayed in back when she was going through Commando school, but with a couple more comforts to fit a General. Also nice that there is a big open field there, makes for a nice place for a helicopter to land when the inevitable crises kicks off and someone decides to secure Kiki's location, either with the Para's or local mountain boys being sent in.

If they feck up her security one more time, Antarctica will be getting a whole plane full of former royal bodyguards as new staff.

One place I rented, the slats on the old bed broke a couple of months in. Whoever was there before had broken them then propped them up with something so they didn’t have to lose their deposit...

My current much abused (not in that way you pervs) bedframe has broken slats at the moment. The solution for me was to take about half an old door and nail it in as new slats, coupled with a good thick Ikea mattress.

...I really need a new bed at some stage. Thank God I have a job these days.

Better than the old Bundeswehr beds.

$_35.jpeg

Yes, that is thick gauge wire.

ferdi254

Banned
Slept on the Bundeswehr version myself rule was that nobody above 90 kilos slept upper level.
And such beds are useful for kids but not for making kids.