Stars & Stripes: The Rise of the United States.

Well, this seems like a really good timeline.

Forgive me, but everytime I see the word Stars and Stripes, I think of that series of novels where... well I'm sure you know them.

As someone who is not American (Canadian), I couldn't enjoy the sheer jingoism of the novels. I can be all for "America, hurrah" and cheer for our cousins across the border, but not to that excess.

So I haven't looked at your timeline yet.

And I have to say, I enjoy what you've written so far. Everything seems very plausible and well written.

Please continue:D I'm kinda cheering for the Anglo-Brits, but you've done a masterful job so far.
I mean, America can still be the world superpower, and Canada can still a wee bit bigger. Oh, one can hope.

Well, this seems like a really good timeline.

Forgive me, but everytime I see the word Stars and Stripes, I think of that series of novels where... well I'm sure you know them.

As someone who is not American (Canadian), I couldn't enjoy the sheer jingoism of the novels. I can be all for "America, hurrah" and cheer for our cousins across the border, but not to that excess.

So I haven't looked at your timeline yet.

And I have to say, I enjoy what you've written so far. Everything seems very plausible and well written.

Please continue:D I'm kinda cheering for the Anglo-Brits, but you've done a masterful job so far.
I mean, America can still be the world superpower, and Canada can still a wee bit bigger. Oh, one can hope.

Thanks for stopping by! I've heard of those novels, but I've never read them.

Anyway, Britain/Canada will do a little better in the war, but it will eventually come at a cost. But in the meantime, New England in particular is going to have to put up with some real tough shit, especially after the failed invasion of New Brunswick. How bad will it get? That, my friend, will be answered in later updates.....:D

Spring is just around the corner.....

In the meantime, here's a little something to look forward to as we go into springtime(or autumn in the Southern Hemisphere):

Taken from “1814: The War That Changed North America, Forever”
(c) 1978 by T. Lawrence Simmons
Beaver Tree Press, Milwaukee, Wis.

The First Battle of Pittsburgh

A Different Type Of War Of 18--

Like your timeline, but being Chinese-Canadian, I'm divided :confused: of supporting the Americans and the British of this war and IOTL war. To me, those Englishmen show go to hell for interfering the affairs of nations for motives of greed(Opium War, Middle East, and India) and arrogance(1812) and leave us innocent world citizens who fencing sitting alone because we don't subscribed to imperialism and cultural genocide without proper cause. But the Americans are just as guilty for greed(!@#business men:mad:) and cultural homogenization(we don't need to be white just protect our human and civil rights to exist:mad:). But I hope you'll continue this timeline and you don't hurt the native aborigines too severely. :D

Like your timeline, but being Chinese-Canadian, I'm divided :confused: of supporting the Americans and the British of this war and IOTL war. To me, those Englishmen show go to hell for interfering the affairs of nations for motives of greed(Opium War, Middle East, and India) and arrogance(1812) and leave us innocent world citizens who fencing sitting alone because we don't subscribed to imperialism and cultural genocide without proper cause. But the Americans are just as guilty for greed(!@#business men:mad:) and cultural homogenization(we don't need to be white just protect our human and civil rights to exist:mad:). But I hope you'll continue this timeline and you don't hurt the native aborigines too severely. :D

Ah, thank you! I'm glad my flagship TL hasn't been forgotten just yet. I've yet to make a lot of progress, but I am currently hoping for a breakthrough.....and yes, the First Nations will definitely be better off by the present day ITTL, I can guarantee that. :D:cool:

7 whole months?

Well, damn. Has it really been 7 whole months since I last updated this TL? Sorry, folks, I guess life got in my way again. :eek: In the meantime, while I try to restart my stalled flagship TL, feel free to leave any comments you'd like.