Some type of Globe Mapping Program?

mowque

Banned
I am in a bit of a trouble. I have this grand idea for a sci-fi story set on a Jupiter-Earth sized world. However, I am stumbling on the first step. A Map.

I suck at drawing. I simply can't make realistic continents on Paint for the life of me. Are their programs out there that will model various continents assuming I put variables in (like %water or whatever?)

BTW: If you, reader of this post, would like to help in this Jovian Eartj project, please say so here or via PM. Help is happily wanted on this project.

Thande

Donor
EdT (I think) once posted an interesting way to create random continents using Paint.Net which I can explain in detail if you want.

However, a Jupiter-sized Earth would, well...not my area but it has been discussed before and those in the know have serious reservations about that one.

EdT (I think) once posted an interesting way to create random continents using Paint.Net which I can explain in detail if you want.

However, a Jupiter-sized Earth would, well...not my area but it has been discussed before and those in the know have serious reservations about that one.

If I remember right, you could have an earth-like planet at wroughly 2x the radius of the Earth and up to a maximum of 5x the mass. Of course, it would only be earth-like, hence the term, and much much different from the conditions on the actual Earth.