Sid Meier's Colonization

Did anyone else play this- back in the mid-90's. It's one of my favourite games and if anyone knows where I can find a download online I'd be eternally grateful. All the downloads I've tried don't work.

Flocculencio said:
Did anyone else play this- back in the mid-90's. It's one of my favourite games and if anyone knows where I can find a download online I'd be eternally grateful. All the downloads I've tried don't work.

if you have the original game. you can go to ftp.microprose.com and download Colonization ver. 3.0 (the final version of the DOS game). to use Colonization 3.0 you MUST have the full version of the game (installed from floppies or CD-Rom).

I read the manual for this game (which was owned by a mate of mine in my uni days), which was very interesting in terms of hist info on the various Indian tribes along the eastern seaboard and the English, French, Spanish and Dutch colonisers and their respective colonial empires, but unlike with CIV, I never got around to playing COLONISATION.

Flocculencio,

You're from Leicester - just pop into any branch of Game and check out the budget section. It's usually stashed amongst the shelves - or try Game's website or e-bay.

Now, if anyone can make a PC version of Populous 2 appear, that would make my day...!

Populous 2? I had it, years ago... but it didn't run too well on my new computer, since its speed was hardware-dependent -> the faster your PC was, the faster the game would run. In short: On my Pentium 166 MMX it went about like that:
1. Start game
2. Computer AI moving things on the map that fast that everything was blurring
3. Computer: "You lost, mortal!"
4. Me: "WTH?"

found it

colonization was a fun game, I sill intend to finnish the game and try to score as much points as posible. only problem is that that means a lot of micromanagement.

if you want to have the game, and other oldies like for instance master of orion 1&2, master of magic, reunion or advanced civilization you should go to the site of the underdogs:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

or for colonization:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=210

it might not work, in that case you can check their FAQ page or get VDMSound

I loved this game - it has some nice solutions (eg. that you can take different production from one field) but it had one flaw: when you were quite developed, it was... boring - well, not challenging, maybe.
Still, It was one of my favorite starategic games.

ljofa said:
Flocculencio,

You're from Leicester - just pop into any branch of Game and check out the budget section. It's usually stashed amongst the shelves - or try Game's website or e-bay.

Now, if anyone can make a PC version of Populous 2 appear, that would make my day...!

You've made mine! Thank you! Are you from Leicester?

Max - if that happens, you just download a PC slowdown tool which will slow the game down for you so you can play it easily. Windows 98, ME and XP are better equipped to handle the old DOS games as they have automatic slow down features but the patches improve on them greatly.

Flocculencio - not from Leicester. Family is from Nottingham so there's that whole East Midlands thing going on. However, I'm unrepentant London trash.