Should Nek do a TL?

Should Nek do a TL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I'm getting extremely bored. So, for the Christmas holidays, I'm probably gonna do a TL.

Problem is, I don't know what you're all interested in at the moment. It's not exactly encouraging if I do a complex TL about the Second Amendment if it's just me posting for 400 pages. So I'm turning the choice over to you. God have mercy on my soul.

I will continue to demand this in all timeline-poll threads until it is done.

Über-Sweden, Über-Sweden :)

Thande

Donor
I personally would prefer anything with a POD between 1500 and the present day. But any new timelines is a good thing.

Okay, I'm getting extremely bored. So, for the Christmas holidays, I'm probably gonna do a TL.

Problem is, I don't know what you're all interested in at the moment. It's not exactly encouraging if I do a complex TL about the Second Amendment if it's just me posting for 400 pages. So I'm turning the choice over to you. God have mercy on my soul.

Well, I'd just say "follow your heart".

I mean, seriously - people create the best TL's about events and nations in history that they like.

I mean, I myself for insance, could just never create ANY remotely interesting TL about the United States, but when it comes to the Middle East... (which reminds me that I should update my Blood Prophesy TL again...:( )

...but If you want to write something that will be interesting for most of us, then I can only advize you to pick a pretty well known subject (not some TL that's almost entirely about some obsecure area in Asia that nobody's ever heard about), and that you shouldn't go too deep into the details...

Going on about the details too much will make your TL boring and uninteresting to most readers, and a well-known subject is guaranteed to draw the attention of many people.

What? Uber-Sweden? Well, we must have an Uber-German Empire spanning 3-4th of the globe with Sweden contained to that 1-4th... MWAHAHAHA!

This guy is like finely distilled Susano :rolleyes:

What would your preference be, Nek?

I don't really have a preference. I'm just gonna find the preferred era and dive into Wikipedia to find a cool POD.

Yes, I'm being awkward. There's a REASON I asked.

Thande

Donor
I don't really have a preference. I'm just gonna find the preferred era and dive into Wikipedia to find a cool POD.

Yes, I'm being awkward. There's a REASON I asked.

Can't really narrow it down any further than 1500-present day.

EDIT: But extra points if Sweden and Germany end up as insignificant backwaters :D

Yes. I want something modern since my lack of knowledge of anything that happened before 1950 keeps me from enjoying such TLs. Since I just written 2 TLs and you know what they are, the value of my imput is limited but this is what I think. You could start with a cool title like "Ghandi and the lesbian biker chicks" just like that TL started. What I want to see is a dystopian senario where Mao's wife fights Indira Ghandi over something in Indochina.

Take your top-three poll options, and start looking for PODs in those eras. If its in some corner of the world that isn't going to get you a wide audience make liberial use of butterflies to make sure the areas that are will be effected.I'd like to see a Lithuanian real-poltik type scenario, where its able to balance its Orthodox neighbors off one anouther, as well as possible catholic oppenents. Most importantly don't be afraid to destroy your OTL favorites. Given enough time theu'll become something different, maybe better, maybe worse...