Short Translation Request Thread

Hello everyone!

The purpose of this Thread is to provide people with short translations for TLs and maps. What I mean with short translations? Well, in this case these are short texts, a few paragraphs at the longest but starting with words. For example, have you ever needed to translate the names of settlements in your alternate colonization map? Have ever needed to translate the fancy titles and such for your infoboxes? What about knowing the kind of patterns followed by a colonizer in naming the stuff they discover? Here is the place for that.

What this thread isn't for is:

- Translating papers and such long texts.
- Needing help translating sources.

Anyway, I offer first (and likely for a limited time) as a translator for Spanish. Both from Spanish to English and for English to Spanish.

Gothic is something I'm okay with, I can mesh well with most Old Germanic languages, along with conlangs like Folksprak, Volapuk, and Lingua Franca Nova (No Esperanto)
West Frisian is iffy for me, and I'm currently a taking Norwegian class.

Last edited:
I can definitely translate anything in Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian (on account of them all being the same). I have a fairly good grasp on written Russian and Bulgarian, and should be able to roughly translate any Slavic language into English, but not the other way around. I have an ok grasp on German and French, but there are already more capable people for that on this thread.

IK these aren't all super useful languages, but they're all that I know.

Hey, so odd question. Anyone know any Nahuatl?
I guess a better request is that I am trying to transfer a name from one language into Nahuatl based off of phonetics, and I don't feel qualified in phonetics enough to just do it on my own.

Hey, so odd question. Anyone know any Nahuatl?
I guess a better request is that I am trying to transfer a name from one language into Nahuatl based off of phonetics, and I don't feel qualified in phonetics enough to just do it on my own.

You mean like a likely Nahuatl pronunciation/adaptation of a name? If nobody who speaks any Nahuatl turns up, I could try.

You mean like a likely Nahuatl pronunciation/adaptation of a name? If nobody who speaks any Nahuatl turns up, I could try.
Yeah, exactly what you said (I just phrased it poorly). I doubt anyone here is fluent in Nahuatl, but I'll wait awhile before contacting you. Thanks!

Not really a translation, but related to a language I don't speak and IDK where to ask except maybe the miscellaneous before 1900 thread:

What would be likely era, posthumous, and temple names for Prince Gong if he were to become emperor? Assume he does some modernizing. Not quite a Chinese Meiji, but certainly an improvement on OTL attempts.

If you need an idea of what he was like, information on him is somewhat scant but from what I can gather, the general consensus is that he was pro-modernization if a little too pro-western in the eyes of some at court, and seemed to have a strong sense of duty and hierarchy (manifested in his obedience towards his older brother for example and later towards Cixi with whom he had a somewhat complex relationship IOTL). He was generally pretty competent it seems, I mean he did put down the Taiping rebellion and in the short window of time in which he dominated the imperial court IOTL, he managed to do a fair amount of modernizing in terms of weapons at least.

Thanks in advance