Sark coup succeeds

Taken from the Infallible Wikipedia:

Nuclear physicist coup

In 1991, an unemployed French nuclear physicist named André Gardes attempted a singlehanded invasion of Sark, armed with a semi-automatic weapon. He was arrested by the Island's police officer (who at the time was Little Sark farmer Philip Perree Jnr) while sitting on a bench, changing the gun's magazine.[2]

So, then, let's say he thinks things through, and perhaps doesn't post notices announcing that he will launch a coup, and doesn't post the timing, and doesn't sit around waiting for the right time to come. In short, then, let's say he and his colleagues actually manage to conquer the island - at least for a little while.

What are the consequences.

MrP

Banned

So, then, let's say he thinks things through, and perhaps doesn't post notices announcing that he will launch a coup, and doesn't post the timing, and doesn't sit around waiting for the right time to come. In short, then, let's say he and his colleagues actually manage to conquer the island - at least for a little while.

Well, I suppose if they're very lucky the SAS won't kill them all . . .

Well, I suppose if they're very lucky the SAS won't kill them all . . .

I was also thinking about the feudal system there - if the island is thrown into the spotlight so dramatically, I'd think that a lot more people would be angry about no democracy to the oppressed masses of the island, held at the whim of an insane and evil ruler. (That's a load of crap, but people believe a lot of stuff. Trust me, I read Cyril's threads earlier.)

Susano

Banned
Well, seeing as it IS feudal, I guess superior force is a legitimate way to win power. Thats what 2/3 of the feudal period were about after all :D
He could let the 40 Families remaine stablished de juro and become "Lord Protector" or "Head of the Privy Council" or somesuch to hold de facto power...

Well, seeing as it IS feudal, I guess superior force is a legitimate way to win power. Thats what 2/3 of the feudal period were about after all :D
He could let the 40 Families remaine stablished de juro and become "Lord Protector" or "Head of the Privy Council" or somesuch to hold de facto power...

You're forgetting the island full of pissed-off British people a few miles away, Susano. ;)

Susano

Banned
You're forgetting the island full of pissed-off British people a few miles away, Susano. ;)

That island should make up its mind if Sark is part of its country or not. If not, then they shouldnt meddle in the internal (well, sortakinda) affairs of independant Sark :p

MrP

Banned
I was also thinking about the feudal system there - if the island is thrown into the spotlight so dramatically, I'd think that a lot more people would be angry about no democracy to the oppressed masses of the island, held at the whim of an insane and evil ruler. (That's a load of crap, but people believe a lot of stuff. Trust me, I read Cyril's threads earlier.)

Aye, you've a point there. I think it would see an earlier reform of the system. Maybe mid nineties?

MrP

Banned
That island should make up its mind if Sark is part of its country or not. If not, then they shouldnt meddle in the internal (well, sortakinda) affairs of independant Sark :p

Is this going to turn into a (more) surreal version of one of those Kosovo threads? :D

It's an extremely external affair of Sark, I think, given that it involves citizens of another nation.

Susano

Banned
What if someone escapes Sark, and rows to Sealand for help? Sealand has experience fighting off armed invasions ;)

Actually, it doesnt. The one armed assault on Sealand was sucessful, when the Prince took back his principality from the usurpator Aschenbach (who had the way cooler name, though).

Yes - next time they'll know how not to do it :p

And believe me, there will be a next time...

Muha. Muahah.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Not a lot. They either go on a rampage - against people with shot guns and mongrel immunity - or get arrested by the police/navy/SBS/SAS.

Might even get the French to do the work, just to rub Monsewers of the Sark Expeditioniary Force noses in it.

You miss the important point. The guy was a scientist. And he was mad enough to invade a island, thus a mad scientist.

Say after me: Mad Scientist Wank. Mad Scientist Wank. Mad Scientist Wank. Mad Scientist Wank. Mad Scientist Wank. Mad Scientist Wank.

Is this going to turn into a (more) surreal version of one of those Kosovo threads? :D

Maybe Sark could be split along Mad Scientist (Sercq, in the south) and non-Mad Scientist (Sark, in the north) lines, with a UN detachment helpfully provided by Benin and Mongolia to maintain the peace?

The split would be at the isthmus between Big Sark and Little Sark, now the Commonwealth of Sark and the Technocracy of Sercq.

sark%20map.jpg