Royal Princesses Evacuate to Canada...what next?

So I recently finished watching Season 5 of The Crown - no worries, this thread isn't going to be directly related to anything in the show.

While watching it, one is reminded of all the drama about Princess Margaret wanting to marry Group Captain Townsend in the 1950s. It got me wondering about different royal spouses, both for Princess Margaret and for Elizabeth II.

In particular, what if the two princesses had been evacuated to Canada during WWII, and Elizabeth had fallen in love with a Canadian?

Now, the first particular here is that, when evacuation out of the country for the Queen Mother and the two princesses had been discussed, the Queen Mother said she would refuse to send her daughters away without her, and she wouldn't leave without the King, who wasn't going anywhere, and in the end, the princesses "evacuated" to Windsor to avoid the bombing in London. So, what if, in the first month of the Blitz, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother is killed in a bombing raid, at which point King George VI orders his daughters evacuated to Canada.

First, where would they likely have been sent to?
Second, would there be any likely person that the young Queen-to-be would meet that might work as a theoretical love match (or should one be invented for the purpose of story)?
Third, how would the Court of St. James react to Elizabeth wanting to marry a Canadian?

Alternatively, and to make it all more complicated, I pondered at the idea of an American, but, considering everything with Edward and Wallis, figured that would be a bridge too far for the British establishment to accept an American Prince Consort, so that's why I was thinking a Canadian here instead.

Thoughts?

Would it be possible to promote Canada to its own kingdom, so making the love interest a prince or king to solve the status issue?

Then Elizabeth might need to be made Empress of the whole empire instead of only India.

Thoughts?
Unless UK falls, and then we are in real Alt ASB land then QE will probably come back to UK for the war effort before she got involved in any love match anyway just due to age and the reduced threat late war?

Unless UK falls, and then we are in real Alt ASB land then QE will probably come back to UK for the war effort before she got involved in any love match anyway just due to age and the reduced threat late war?
I suppose that would depend on when she'd return. She would be 14 when evacuated, so, if they kept her and her sister in Canada until 1944, she'd be 18... that would potentially be a couple of years where she *might* meet someone.

Didn’t she meet Prince Philip when she was 13?
Yes she did. I was going on the idea that greater distance, and meeting someone new, might dim her feelings for Phillip. Also, if needs be for a potential story, Phillip could always die in action.

Now, the first particular here is that, when evacuation out of the country for the Queen Mother and the two princesses had been discussed, the Queen Mother said she would refuse to send her daughters away without her, and she wouldn't leave without the King, who wasn't going anywhere, and in the end, the princesses "evacuated" to Windsor to avoid the bombing in London. So, what if, in the first month of the Blitz, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother is killed in a bombing raid, at which point King George VI orders his daughters evacuated to Canada.
I assume Queen Mary the Queen Mother would go with them to keep an eye on them and continue Elizabeth's tuition in being the future Queen. I don't think Canada's government would enjoy her prolonged presence. She was reportedly a very strong-willed woman.