Robert Conroys AH-books

I was thrilled to read his first book, 1901. But my problem with it was it was too simplistic and parts of the story were, IMO, inconsistent, such as the speed with which the US army from the Philippines was handily moved half way around the world. Also the characters were underdeveloped. That was, in my opinion, one of the things that Conroy wasn't particularly good at developing. Even so, I was sorry to hear about his passing. I'd love to see more rousing AH adventures published, and he definitely contributed to the body of work out there.

I have to admit that some part of me rather enjoys the sketched-out background and characters of Mr Conroy's dramatis personae as it allows one the pleasure of playing fill-in-the-blanks! (I've read 1901 and 1920, with the former definitely ranking as my favourite by virtue of some serious Anglo-American collaboration!).:biggrin:

I am reading Himmlers war and am furious about how little Controy seems to know about political realities and how effective Himmler would be as leader of a nation