Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Speaking of pirates and the Caribbean, take a look at this beauty from CNN (and yes, the URL is spelled "Carribean")
170526100904-carribean-map-super-169.jpg

Especially look at Fat Hispaniola and whatever in the ever-loving f*ck is going on in Central America and Florida.
i've been ninja'd, but that was clearly meant to evoke maps of the time

Speaking of pirates and the Caribbean, take a look at this beauty from CNN (and yes, the URL is spelled "Carribean")
170526100904-carribean-map-super-169.jpg

Especially look at Fat Hispaniola and whatever in the ever-loving f*ck is going on in Central America and Florida.
It's supposed to look inaccurate.

and then there's the merger of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware

i do rather like these awful maps--they're great inspiration for what some alternate countries could look like in place of the rather monolithic US/Mexico/Canada we have IOTL

and then there's the merger of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware

i do rather like these awful maps--they're great inspiration for what some alternate countries could look like in place of the rather monolithic US/Mexico/Canada we have IOTL

I once tried to make a map scenario based on all of the mistakes here and the content of the things that look like ah but aren't thread, but it got really out of hand.

Fresh from a Smithsonian channel documentary, we get this WW1 map, one that gets more perplexing the more you look at it:

WT0GLAD.jpg

ZSZ5Vc1.jpg

Huh, who knew that the Central Powers were only the Ottoman Empire and the Germany Austro-Hungarian Empire?
Also Russia annexed Serbia and Romania because something something pan-Slavism (yes I know Romania isn’t Slavic but that’s the best explanation I can come up with).

Fresh from a Smithsonian channel documentary, we get this WW1 map, one that gets more perplexing the more you look at it:

My fist thought when looking at that map was: So someone at the Smithsonian also watches Youjo Senki, eh?