Resources and Sources Thread Pre 1900s

First Post
  • So for a long time I have been thinking that there should be a thread that gives sources to people about OTL history, I think and hope this will help and inspire people to learn more about history and for them to go out and write a nice TL, I also hope this will make more writers and people in general more interested in less popular parts of the world and periods of history.

Now there will be some rules mainly for the thread to not get locked and for the easier use, they are:

1. Specify what kind of source is, If you recommend a book then say so, the same for all kinds of sources.
    2. Specify if the source is available online, in a legal manner of course, please link it or link the place where you downloaded the PDF or file.
    3. Specify the language, It's fine to link sources in other languages as they are still usable and maybe people who know the language have not heard of it.
    4. Specify how trustworthy and some of their biases, for example and author might like a figure or group in specific so if possible specify so, all authors will have biases but this rule is mainly for authors that while do provide a good source and information might need to be taken with some or a lot of skepticism.
    5. This is for Pre-1900s so if you want to post sources about Post 1900s then please make a Resources and Sources Thread there.
    6. For other kinds of resource please specify what they do and if they are behind a paywall.

I will try and update the thread with a threadmark every end of month with the sources that have been added, if there is a lot of posting of sources at any point then I will post a thread mark, each thread mark will contain each source to date catalogued by region and time frame.

Lastly I hope this helps people in many ways!

Last edited: