Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Either realistic or silhouette

Here's an initial design. One red, one white. I can make the devil bigger, put it elsewhere on the flag, change it's colour if you want, etc.

Tasmanian fascist flag alt.png

Tasmanian fascist flag.png

I don't know if this would be the thread for it, but could I request production of a coat of arms here?
How's this?

Quartered sable Or with Martens and Martins _ for Vylinius _ FG.png
Quarterly sable and Or: first and fourth a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant gules armed argent; second and third a martin (progne subis) close regardant azure armed argent.
Translated: quarterly in black (first and fourth quarters) and gold (second and third): first and fourth quarters (top left and bottom right) an american marten crouching looking out at the viewer, red with white claws; second and third quarters a purple martin standing looking back over its shoulder, blue with white claws and beak.

Technically having red on black isn't ideal (it violates the rule of tincture) but it's better than blue on black would be and does actually stand out okay. If you want to keep to the rule, you could make the martens white (argent) with red claws, like this:
Quartered sable Or with Martens and Martins _ for Vylinius _ FGv2.png
The relevant part of the blazon would then become: first and fourth a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant argent armed gules;

How's this?

View attachment 380130
Quarterly sable and Or: first and fourth a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant gules armed argent; second and third a martin (progne subis) close regardant azure armed argent.
Translated: quarterly in black (first and fourth quarters) and gold (second and third): first and fourth quarters (top left and bottom right) an american marten crouching looking out at the viewer, red with white claws; second and third quarters a purple martin standing looking back over its shoulder, blue with white claws and beak.

Technically having red on black isn't ideal (it violates the rule of tincture) but it's better than blue on black would be and does actually stand out okay. If you want to keep to the rule, you could make the martens white (argent) with red claws, like this:
View attachment 380132
The relevant part of the blazon would then become: first and fourth a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant argent armed gules;

These are both quite excellent. Thank you very much. And I can't believe I'd forgotten the rules of tincture. I think I will end up making use of your alternative which follows them. I'll be sure to credit you as well.

Members: People with a fear of bieng invaded that are mainly around China, Russia and America, Ideology: not being invaded, time period: late 2050s.

bit vague, mate. Usually people have some common geographic location and / or are opposed to a group for a specific reason, even if "anything but what their opponent believe in" is their commonality. You would need to find something to bind on at least a PR level countries that are disparate such as, say, Indonesia, Latvia & Mexico. More then likely, to avoid looking like they were openly challenging one superpower in particular, they would justify the military alliance in some way such as being Armed Neutrals, Anti-Imperialists, Protectors of Minor Markets, etc....

This is hopefully a request that isn't too hard. Could the word 'state' on the seal be replaced with 'nation' or republic'? Thanks.

400px-Seal_of_California.svg.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
***Flag Request***

Flag for unified Liberia-Sierra Leone as a US State?

Here are two versions of the same design; they're fucking ugly tbh, but so are most state flags so I figured it doesn't matter. It combines all the colours from both flags of Sierra Leone and Liberia.

Sierra Liberia dark.png

Sierra Liberia light.png

These are both quite excellent. Thank you very much. And I can't believe I'd forgotten the rules of tincture. I think I will end up making use of your alternative which follows them. I'll be sure to credit you as well.

just an idea: if you have a gold bend in the black quarters, the red marten could be aligned along it

Untitled-3.png

I'll do you a better version of that then - the one I posted was very quickly re-coloured as an example so has some left-overs.
just an idea: if you have a gold bend in the black quarters, the red marten could be aligned along it
As promised, with white martens:
Quartered sable Or with Martens argent and Martins azure _ for Vylinius _ FG.png
Quarterly sable and Or: first and fourth a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant argent armed gules; second and third a martin (progne subis) close regardant azure armed argent.

And two versions using Marc's idea. The first has the marten's tail hanging down, which is a slightly more natural posture (not that that really matters in heraldry :rolleyes: ). However, it looks a bit skewed, so the second version is more like the outstretched version in Marc's suggestion.
v1Quartered sable bend Or and Or with Martens gules and Martins azure _ for Vylinius _ FG.png v2Quartered sable bend Or and Or with Martens gules and Martins azure _ for Vylinius _ FGv2.png
Quarterly sable and Or: first and fourth on a bend Or a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant argent armed gules; second and third a martin (progne subis) close regardant azure armed argent.

As promised, with white martens:
View attachment 380294
Quarterly sable and Or: first and fourth a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant argent armed gules; second and third a martin (progne subis) close regardant azure armed argent.

And two versions using Marc's idea. The first has the marten's tail hanging down, which is a slightly more natural posture (not that that really matters in heraldry :rolleyes: ). However, it looks a bit skewed, so the second version is more like the outstretched version in Marc's suggestion.
v1View attachment 380295 v2View attachment 380298
Quarterly sable and Or: first and fourth on a bend Or a marten (martes americana) couchant guardant argent armed gules; second and third a martin (progne subis) close regardant azure armed argent.

Marc's idea does solve the issue of tincture, but it feels a little unbalanced to me. I'll likely be sticking to the idea of using the variant which is correct according to rule of tincture, but without the or bend in the sable quarters. I am grateful for the idea though.

Either way, I am thankful for both of your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.