Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone make a CoA of Poland but with the claws holding two sceptres one ensigned by a cross and another one by the star of David?

Alright, I'd like someone to revise this map of interwar Europe that Viselav made so that it reflects my timeline's postwar Europe:

2eckztl.jpg

What changes does this entail?

1. Northern Spanish Morocco becomes an independent country (the Rif).

2. Southern Spanish Morocco unifies with the rest of Morocco.

3. Algeria becomes independent.

4. Libya becomes independent.

5. Cyprus becomes independent.

6. Malta becomes independent.

7. Catalonia becomes independent.

8. The Basque Country becomes independent.

9. Galicia and Olivenza are ceded from Spain to Portugal.

10. The Bulgarian-majority portions of North Macedonia and Kosovo and the Serb enclaves they surround on this map are given to Bulgaria. The Albanian-majority parts and the Serb enclaves they surrounded are given to Albania. Serbia keeps Mitrovica/northern Kosovo. The Albanian-Greek, Albanian-Montenegrin, and Bulgarian-Greek borders should remain unchanged. Slovenia and Croatia should absorb the parts of Eastern Italy that are majority Slovene and majority Croatian, respectively, with the exception of the bit of Croatians that juts out westward on Istria. This results in Italy keeping Trieste and getting the western half of Istria, which is slightly more territory than they were left with on that front IOTL.

800px-BASA-176K-2-804-87-Etnographical_map_of_the_Southern_Slavs _1913.JPG(2).jpg

11. Russia should be given a different color to indicate that it is no longer the Soviet Union, but now a liberal democratic Russia.

12. All of Ireland, north and south, should be independent.

13. Italy cedes its islands in the Aegean Sea to Greece.

This request isn't specifically tailored to @Višeslav - anyone can do this one. Please note that I am not asking for individual country maps this time, just for changes to be made to the Europe map.

Last edited:
Could someone please help me design a flag for an Anglo-Prussian Empire created in the 1830s (via personal union, there's a story behind that). Any ideas are welcome, but ones that include the Union Jack would be most favourable. Thank you.
When does the personal union take place? That impacts whether the current UK union flag comes to be.
Is the flag for some sort of later political union? Or just the personal one?

Hi. Does anyone know who created the following map?
Cheer/s. Lottie

Attachments

• Map Of Planet Earth in 2109 AD.JPG
    Map Of Planet Earth in 2109 AD.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 197

Venocara

Banned
When does the personal union take place? That impacts whether the current UK union flag comes to be.
Is the flag for some sort of later political union? Or just the personal one?

The personal union and the political union both take place in the 1830s, either side of a War of [CENSORED FOR NOT-WANTING-TO-SPOIL-MY-FUTURE-TIMELINE REASONS]

I've been having trouble finding the right worlda's. I need one with national borders but no subdivision borders; and one with national borders and subdivision borders. Oh and by the way, how do you pronounce worlda? Thanks in advance.

The personal union and the political union both take place in the 1830s, either side of a War of [CENSORED FOR NOT-WANTING-TO-SPOIL-MY-FUTURE-TIMELINE REASONS]
Seems a bit odd going into a full political union just a short ways into the personal one.
Anyways, the first flag will likely be a temporary hodgepodge until they get around to a design from scratch (I.e. in about a century or so).
You're looking at a quartering of the Union and Prussia flags or the Union flag with a Prussia emblem.

Alright, i'll make this request one more time. In this scenario, Spain remains the dominant power of Europe. Inbreeding still dooms the Hapsburgs however, but tighter control over Portugal, Italy and a France crippled by Comisards and the Fronde leads to a clearer Austrian claim to the throne. This mortifies the Spanish elite, who realize the new regime will funnel even more money into wars of religion against the Swedes, Dutch, Ottomans and Huguenots. They rebel alongside the nascent bourgeoisie and manage to cling to most of their territory in Iberia, Sardinia, French Catalonia and elsewhere, but in the process of losing Central Europe they cause conservatives in Latin America to also declare independence.

In our timeline, the absolutist Spanish monarchy was essentially overthrown by an army gathered to retake the Americas.The Trienio Liberal was in turn defeated by the forces of the restored French monarchy about three years later, which allowed the king to reassert his authority. In this scenario the expedition proceeds and meets with some success. The reconquest of Hispaniola is complicated by Brethren of the Coast aligned slave revolts (Haiti never existed in this timeline) and the Empire of Brazil absorbing many of the monied interests that had earlier fled the reestablishment of the Iberian Union, but large gains are made in New Grenada, parts of La Plata and most of Mexico. Unfortunately the Mosquito Coast is permanently lost to the British, The Netherlands secures more territory, mestizos liberate Peru and self dubbed Cristeros across the region continue to swear fealty to the Hapsburg line.

Basically I don't know how to make flags for the holdouts and new liberal administrative regions. Wikipedia is no help because it tends to show the same flag whenever i click on different Spanish regions. Because mainland Portugal would also be a core region in this timeline, i don't think slapping purple on everything in imitation of the flag of the second republic would make sense. Then again Iberian Union flags were centered around coat of arms, and the idealistic federalist one was proposed to look like this:
1024px-Bandeira_Federalista_Ib%C3%A9rica_%281854%29.svg.png

I'm thinking alot of virgin Marys and religious iconography on the conservative flags, a Empire of Brazil flag in blue but don't know where to go for the liberals.

Last edited:
Alright, i'll make this request one more time. In this scenario, Spain remains the dominant power of Europe. Inbreeding still dooms the Hapsburgs however, but tighter control over Portugal, Italy and a France crippled by Comisards and the Fronde leads to a clearer Austrian claim to the throne. This mortifies the Spanish elite, who realize the new regime will funnel even more money into wars of religion against the Swedes, Dutch, Ottomans and Huguenots. They rebel alongside the nascent bourgeoisie and manage to cling to most of their territory in Iberia, Sardinia, French Catalonia and elsewhere, but in the process of losing Central Europe they cause conservatives in Latin America to also declare independence.

When you said "France crippled by Comisards", did you mean "communards" (member of the paris commune of 1871) or "camisards" (hugenots insurgents from the 1700s) or something else in your ATL ?

Basically I don't know how to make flags for the holdouts and new liberal administrative regions. Wikipedia is no help because it tends to show the same flag whenever i click on different Spanish regions. Because mainland Portugal would also be a core region in this timeline, i don't think slapping purple on everything in imitation of the flag of the second republic would make sense. Then again Iberian Union flags were centered around coat of arms, and the idealistic federalist one was proposed to look like this:

I'm thinking alot of virgin Marys and religious iconography on the conservative flags, a Empire of Brazil flag in blue but don't know where to go for the liberals.

considering the flag would have been designed during a civil war at a time when flags were still used on the battlefield, the first assumption to make is that the various factions would more than likely go for designs that are not easily confused in battlefield conditions. Blue fields or mainly blue for conservatives and dominant red for liberals for example. A simple design for the later could be one inspired by the old spanish civil ensign but recoloured white on red. It could be used as-in or defaced with a COA, logo or text depending on who uses it (militia, government, navy, etc....)

alt-es-liberal.png

When you said "France crippled by Comisards", did you mean "communards" (member of the paris commune of 1871) or "camisards" (hugenots insurgents from the 1700s) or something else in your ATL ?

considering the flag would have been designed during a civil war at a time when flags were still used on the battlefield, the first assumption to make is that the various factions would more than likely go for designs that are not easily confused in battlefield conditions. Blue fields or mainly blue for conservatives and dominant red for liberals for example. A simple design for the later could be one inspired by the old spanish civil ensign but recoloured white on red. It could be used as-in or defaced with a COA, logo or text depending on who uses it (militia, government, navy, etc....)

View attachment 468466

I read an old article by Manuel Juncos (Political Iconography) that said yellow was conservative red liberal. He might have just been using that to symbolize the false divides caused by politics. (Puerto Rico's old colonial flag was red and yellow)

Thanks. A couple more things: could you please put a thin black border around the reverse-french canton, change the colour of the red to #bb0a1e and could you please make another version of this flag with a plain white field instead of the reverse-french canton (but still with the black outline)? Thank you.

that's something you could easily do with Paint.

Alright, I'd like someone to revise this map of interwar Europe that Viselav made so that it reflects my timeline's postwar Europe:

View attachment 468212

What changes does this entail?

1. Northern Spanish Morocco becomes an independent country (the Rif).

2. Southern Spanish Morocco unifies with the rest of Morocco.

3. Algeria becomes independent.

4. Libya becomes independent.

5. Cyprus becomes independent.

6. Malta becomes independent.

7. Catalonia becomes independent.

8. The Basque Country becomes independent.

9. Galicia and Olivenza are ceded from Spain to Portugal.

10. The Bulgarian-majority portions of North Macedonia and Kosovo and the Serb enclaves they surround on this map are given to Bulgaria. The Albanian-majority parts and the Serb enclaves they surrounded are given to Albania. Serbia keeps Mitrovica/northern Kosovo. The Albanian-Greek, Albanian-Montenegrin, and Bulgarian-Greek borders should remain unchanged. Slovenia and Croatia should absorb the parts of Eastern Italy that are majority Slovene and majority Croatian, respectively, with the exception of the bit of Croatians that juts out westward on Istria. This results in Italy keeping Trieste and getting the western half of Istria, which is slightly more territory than they were left with on that front IOTL.

View attachment 468216

11. Russia should be given a different color to indicate that it is no longer the Soviet Union, but now a liberal democratic Russia.

12. All of Ireland, north and south, should be independent.

13. Italy cedes its islands in the Aegean Sea to Greece.

This request isn't specifically tailored to @Višeslav - anyone can do this one. Please note that I am not asking for individual country maps this time, just for changes to be made to the Europe map.
Can someone please do this for me?

Hey, Marc Pasquin? Where you the original author of the second design when I asked for it a long, long time ago? Because if so I wanted to thank since I'm working on a map of that empire currently and I don't remember who I asked to make the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.