Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible to have :

-A map of Europe in early 1799/1800, along with borders of the Ottoman vilayets ?
-A map of Europe around the Siege of Orleans in 1429 ?
-A map of Europe, another of the entire world, in 1873 ?

I renew my request. I would particularly need the map of 1429.

Deleted member 107125

I've got a request for you guys.

I know this is more of a flag thread, but I'm looking for logos for some political parties in an ATL I'm working on.
I'd seen a post some time last year in Alternate Electoral Maps by user Oryxslayer about elections in the Dominion of Columbia;
a modern day British America. It inspired me to work further on the concept, though diverging slightly from the original creator's posts here and there.

Essentially, the 3 main parties I need emblems for are:
-The Whigs: An internationalist, socially liberal and pro business party, whose main colour is Yellow.
-Conservatives: Dominant in rural and suburban Columbia, this party is closer to the middle class white collar UK Conservatives than the US rightwing party. Main colour: Blue
-Labour: The party's main constituent has always been blue collar workers, and retains deep connections to the Unions. Main colour: Red

Any symbols used by the Lib Dems, Tories or Labour in Britain can be used by the above parties respectively. Also, if its of any help, Whigs have deep roots in New England & NE USA, Tories in the Deep South ( though the civil war as we know it never took place, so stars and bars would be out of place for their logo), and Labour in the Great Lakes region.

Also, if possible there are a couple of minor parties who need logos, though not that urgent. These are the greens (generic green party) and the republicans ( in the UK sense, not GOP. They're a mix of protectionist and keynesian economic policies, and staunch social conservatives. So far I've been using grey as their defacto colour, but feel free to improvise).

If you need any more info about the Parties or Columbia in general, ask away.

What would the flag of Columbia be?Just describe it if you can't draw it.
And will the eagle and snake stay dominant symbols?

ST15RM

Banned
I haven't ever seen a photo request, so I request a photo here.

Can someone photoshop over an anime politician over Obama in this pic?
maxresdefault.jpg

Actually, I quite like the connection between the pro-business Whigs and the chicken in every pot slogan.
Also, I know they're completely different in meaning, but the use of a bird for the Whigs is vaguely like the LibDems and their "Bird of Liberty".

Thanks very much :), any ideas for the other parties?
Indeed! No problem--possibly something to do with peaches for the Conservatives...

Has anyone got a decent Dominion of Ireland flag? I am thinking Union Jack in top left corner, the harp (the type below with the breasts not the censored version) and a field of blue (not green) as that remains and always has been the official colour of Ireland.

220px-Arms_of_Ireland_%28Historical%29.svg.png
I made two versions. One with the British blue ensign and one using the same blue on your CoA.
Eire.png

Eire2.png

What would the flag of Columbia be?Just describe it if you can't draw it.
And will the eagle and snake stay dominant symbols?

I was thinking of incorporating the elements of the current American Flag ( just the colours and the stars more than the stripes), but also adding a coat of arms similar to the one Canada used to have on their old flag before the adoption of the maple leaf flag. Essentially, its a mix between the old British Colony style flag and a newer version adopted sometime in the 20th century, similar to Canada's OTL flag development. 28 starts are present to represent the various states, territories and capital city. I dont however have a flag, since Im no good at creating the sort of intricate emblems I was hoping to use.

Regading National coat of arms, I was thinking of a more Commonwealth style than the USA's; think Canada, UK, Australia etc. However, while not sure about the snake, I certainly see room for the Eagle, since its been around for almost as long as the US itself and could easily fit into the sort of British style coat of arms I mentioned above.

Indeed! No problem--possibly something to do with peaches for the Conservatives...

Interesting idea, and it would probably work due to the Conservative's strong link with Georgia & the south in general. My original idea personally was to include the pine tree as an equivalent to the Tory English Oak, though then again I suppose the tree has much stronger connotations to New England rather than the nation itself.

Deleted member 107125

I was thinking of incorporating the elements of the current American Flag ( just the colours and the stars more than the stripes), but also adding a coat of arms similar to the one Canada used to have on their old flag before the adoption of the maple leaf flag. Essentially, its a mix between the old British Colony style flag and a newer version adopted sometime in the 20th century, similar to Canada's OTL flag development. 28 starts are present to represent the various states, territories and capital city. I dont however have a flag, since Im no good at creating the sort of intricate emblems I was hoping to use.

Regading National coat of arms, I was thinking of a more Commonwealth style than the USA's; think Canada, UK, Australia etc. However, while not sure about the snake, I certainly see room for the Eagle, since its been around for almost as long as the US itself and could easily fit into the sort of British style coat of arms I mentioned above.
Thanks!

I suppose the tree has much stronger connotations to New England rather than the nation itself.
Not sure if you're from the UK or the US, but yeah, it does; the pine tree is very seldom used as a patriotic symbol outside of New England insofar as I've ever seen (we just think Christmas when we see it around here).
Anyway, I'll get to work, got a description of the flag to go with it.

Interesting idea, and it would probably work due to the Conservative's strong link with Georgia & the south in general. My original idea personally was to include the pine tree as an equivalent to the Tory English Oak, though then again I suppose the tree has much stronger connotations to New England rather than the nation itself.
And okay, how's this? Turning a tourist logo into a political logo isn't that tough!
Once again, a banner:
ConservativesFull.png
And the logo:
ConservativesLogo.png

Deleted member 107125

Thank you.Just please tell me what the national motto is and what are the states.

Can I get a flag for a communist Egypt? It becomes communist after the Suez crisis due to a hatred of the countries that invaded it and a Soviet backed communist revolution.

And okay, how's this? Turning a tourist logo into a political logo isn't that tough!
Once again, a banner:
View attachment 371467
And the logo:
View attachment 371468

To be honest I was thinking of something more traditional looking for the conservative party. At the start of the timeline they're a party stuck in the past and viewed as out of touch with the country, though after they modernise themselves, the logo might be more appropriate.

Thank you.Just please tell me what the national motto is and what are the states.

Hadn't really thought about a motto so far; maybe "E Pluribus Unum" could be kept as Columbia's motto.

I don't think I'd mentioned it, but Columbia is essentially all of modern day America east of the Mississippi, and the 28 states and state equivalents are: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, NYC, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Superior (Eastern Minnesota), Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and the Gulf Coast (roughly what used to be West Florida).

Status
Not open for further replies.