Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't really have a specific thread for that so, why not. The COA might also get you some responses.

Well, thing is: for Skies Above Earth, I have a fictional military organisation called the United Nations Extraterrestrial Response Unit (UNERU for short) and I have a discussion thread on the book, and I even made a request for it earlier, with no response (along with the option to do similar insignias for the organisation's subdivisions). So, can anyone try that?

Discussion thread here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/skies-above-earth-discussion-thread.392324/ and unanswered request here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/military-insignia-request.392422/.

Last edited:
Well, thing is: for Skies Above Earth, I have a fictional military organisation called the United Nations Extraterrestrial Response Unit (UNERU for short) and I have a discussion thread on the book, and I even made a request for it earlier, with no response (along with the option to do similar insignias for the organisation's subdivisions). So, can anyone try that?

Discussion thread here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/skies-above-earth-discussion-thread.392324/ and unanswered request here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/military-insignia-request.392422/.

what about something like this ? a simplified UN logo with an orbiting UFO. sub-branches could have a relevant logo in gold centered on the earth with the name in a scroll underneath.
uneru.png

Does anyone have a Worlda-style map with Cascadia? Not the gross blocky looking Oregon-Washington-BC borders, the Cascadia bioregion. It'd be greatly appreciated

General Question regarding this map:

I've been working on maps for MikeTurcotte's 1944 US ISOT to 1944 World of The Two Georges (so Turtledove logic applies to the second world) and wanted some advice on how to improve it. In particular, there are two issues that I wanted to address for it:

1. Russia is currently in the midst of a civil war after a defeat by the US (long story short: Russia attacked to reclaim Alaska, which was lost to the ISOT. The entire D-Day landing force, which was returned with the ISOT, was sent to Russia to execute what was basically a punitive expedition. That ceased when arrangements were made with the actual Tsar, rather than the British puppet Tsar, returned. The country is split between the puppet tsar in yellow (centered in Moscow), the actual tsar in tan (centered in St. Petersburg. However, Austria is invading Ukraine, and there should be some regionalist rebellions also existing (Ukraine, Caucasus, etc). They could even be local warlords whom are waiting to see who wins first in order to determine which side they join (especially towards Central Asia)

I'm not sure how to split the rest of the country up, and I'm concerned that the areas of control are too blobby. Any suggestions for adding more factions/increasing the detail of the front line? At this point, the two main sides are reasonably matched, though the St. Petersburg Tsar is just establishing his foothold and is having to try and win supporters to his side.

2. China is a mess I've attempted and failed to represent. In The Two Georges it is a protectorate of Great Britain: in order to try and represent that in a somewhat logical (if ASB) manner, I imagined that Great Britain took advantage of various rebellions in order to split the country into various kingdoms and petty states through which it exerted its control. (Think The Heavenly Kingdom, Yunnan, etc. The Two Georges is highly convergent, so that would fit its theme.) And, doing so, I envisioned China as becoming a sort of Riverine Empire where Great Britain controls the coast, the rivers, the borders with hostile powers, and major cities and trade routes. The rest of the country should be a complex mess. However, my attempts have resulted in a somewhat blobby mess.

I like the general theme of the Riverine Empire; i'm just trying to fix something that is visually pleasing and complex. I'm not sure what direction I should take the map to make it similar to India in that regard.

Aside from those two things that I do need help with, any general advice would be good. I've tried to strike a compromise with the source material and maps along with something realistic.

2George Postwar.png

Does anyone have a worlda style base map or the world in 1770? I found one on the wiki but almost completely incompatible with the usual worlda maps.

Deleted member 14881

Can I request a map of the Byzantine Empire, its borders are a Greater Greece, plus Asia Minor, and Northern Syria with Iraq that has both Aleppo and Mosul all the way to the Iranian border?

Hey because it's been awhile since i requested something, i would like to request a few flags and others
1. A flag of a New Russian Steam Worker group Made during the age of the Russian empire, so the flag has the colors of the Russian empire but a icon on it is a large grey gear with a wrench and a Type 30 rifle crossed over it
2. A flag of a Polish State in Russia, The flag is the Poland flag but straight through the middle is a blue vertical line and on one side is the Russian coat of arms and on the other side is Poland Coat of Arms
3. A map of a Roman-Egyptian empire controlling all of the Mediterranean, Northern Africa, the Arabian peninsula, and all of spain
4. flag of the empire above (Roman-Egyptian) which is the flag of the city of Rome where one one side is the coat of arms of Rome and on the other side is the egyptain coat of arms, as well as in the center is a square of white and black to show the colors of the Egyptian flag

Really all I want is a modern world map with South America under one nation, an ISOT'd advanced Tawantinsuyu, which is split into four Suyu's just like IRL, all coming out of Cusco.

Could someone do that?

Here's a map of the Suyus at their IRL height. All western conquests go into the western Suyu, all northern in the north, etc.

Can they also own most of the Pacific islands?

Thanks to whoever does this!

Hi! Please can someone make a more accurate version of this map I made? Alot of the national/ sub-national borders are based on linguistics or civic nationalism, I used base maps from geacron, a romance language map and a austro-hungarian empire language map that I traced in paint.net XP. I can't find the data I want in the right projection to make the existing divisions more accurate to add more details beyond middle europe (as africa, the near east, and eastern europe are pretty lacking). For example giving Azerbaijan Iranian-Azerbaijan, or fixing Armenias and Kurdistans borders (which aren't meant to be the same state its just that I don't know the pre genocide linguistic border.) If you're up for the task tell me and I'll better explain what want each states border to be.
ATQJvzI.png

Last edited:
Hey because it's been awhile since i requested something, i would like to request a few flags and others
1. A flag of a New Russian Steam Worker group Made during the age of the Russian empire, so the flag has the colors of the Russian empire but a icon on it is a large grey gear with a wrench and a Type 30 rifle crossed over it
2. A flag of a Polish State in Russia, The flag is the Poland flag but straight through the middle is a blue vertical line and on one side is the Russian coat of arms and on the other side is Poland Coat of Arms
3. A map of a Roman-Egyptian empire controlling all of the Mediterranean, Northern Africa, the Arabian peninsula, and all of spain
4. flag of the empire above (Roman-Egyptian) which is the flag of the city of Rome where one one side is the coat of arms of Rome and on the other side is the egyptain coat of arms, as well as in the center is a square of white and black to show the colors of the Egyptian flag
I'm still waiting for someone to make these, please someone try to do them, they are different

I'm still waiting for someone to make these, please someone try to do them, they are different

If I can make a suggestion: I think that flag designers often prefer to have general details about the flag wanted given to them but otherwise not being told *exactly* with the design is supposed to be. I know personally its not as fun to me otherwise unless I'm given some leeway.

If I can make a suggestion: I think that flag designers often prefer to have general details about the flag wanted given to them but otherwise not being told *exactly* with the design is supposed to be. I know personally its not as fun to me otherwise unless I'm given some leeway.
Ok well listen, first i was too small with my descriptions of flags and maps and now I'm using too much detail, What do you guys want from me?

Status
Not open for further replies.