Republic of Texas

• Thread starter Deleted member 84791
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 84791

Free and independent Republic of Texas

Republic of Texas.png

Independent Texas after 1900 is pretty implausible if then you didn't post this to wrong sub-forum. But let's see what kind of TL this will be.

Deleted member 84791

In 2012 was rejected the petition of citizens of State Texas which asked indepencence.

So is this supposed to be Texas trying for independence again after 1900 or something? Cause I just don't see that happening, and certainly not by itself.

So is this supposed to be Texas trying for independence again after 1900 or something? Cause I just don't see that happening, and certainly not by itself.

Yeah. There not be way that USA just allows Texas to secede.

There wouldn't be any way* for the USA to let Texas secede? Even if there was a referendum and the people of Texas voted to secede?

Or is it that the USA would not allow such a vote to take place in the first place?

Last edited:

Deleted member 84791

What makes you think that the petition, would have been accepted, would have led to a majority of Texans voting for independence?
I post it primary as a speculation not as a fact. Do you thing it is so unlikely?

I post it primary as speculation not as fact. Do you thing it is so unlikely?

Well, in all honesty, yes.
I don't have special knowledge on American, and even less Texan, policies but I was under the impression that Texan Independentism was quite limited, not only as a popular political priority, but even as a thing.

Am I wrong on this?

Lateknight

Banned
I don't have special knowledge on American, and even less Texan, policies but I was under the impression that Texan Independentism was quite limited, not only as a popular political priority, but even as a thing.

Am I wrong on this?

Your not wrong also for no reason it seems both Mexico and the U.S. Have given up terrority to Texas even if for some reason Texans decided to betray the U.S. The wouldn't be allowed to drag other parts of states into there rouge nation.

Deleted member 84791

Am I wrong on this?

Well as a popular political priority yes, but as a thing, I dont think so. Something about 200 000 people signed that petition in 2012, theyr reasons was cultural differences, political reasons and as big argument fact that State of Texas itself is 15th economy in the World.

Lateknight

Banned
Well as a popular political priority yes, but as a thing, I dont think so. Something about 200 000 people signed that petition in 2012, theyr reasons was cultural differences, political reasons and as big argument fact that State of Texas itself is 15th economy in the World.

Well that's simply not true without being part of a Greater Union it would be significantly worse of economicly.

Deleted member 84791

It only represents 0.74% of the overall Texan population (more or less 27 millions in 2015) : it strikes me as a particularily tiny percentage.

I was just a petition, not referendum itself and you count also people, who cant wote to your over 20 000 000.

I was just a petition, not referendum itself and you count also people, who cant wote to your over 20 000 000.

A petition carried by less than 1% of a population doesn't fare well for a referundum, tough. Unless assuming the existence of a (really) silent majority, it would rather point a deep disinterest on independentism by the population.

Indeed, 27 000 000 can't account all as potential voters (I'd point that it doesn't mean they don't have any political opinion, tough).
I wonder, that said, how many people signed the petition and could (or would*) vote on the issue.

Assuming they're all registered, voting citizens, we then have at best 1.05% on the roughly 19,000,000 VAP of Texas. It's still particularly low.

*Texas turn-out seems to be quite low, around 25% in 2014 apparently.

Lateknight

Banned
Since when is beigein part of bigger unnion means better economy.

That's how it's generally been since the 1850s really unless the country is part of some regional economic union and there's really only been two of those that are successful( EU, NAFTA). Unless Texas was allowed to join NAFTA or something like it would take a huge hit economicly and I don't the people that want to Texan session want anything to do such unions.

Am I wrong on this?
Secessionism has been a fringe ideology across the US for 150 years. 200,000 people signing a petition is nothing. Also in a poll taken in 2009 75% of Texans said no to independence. Any POD that has Texas seceding would have so many massive changes that Texas' secession won't be the main point of the TL.

There wouldn't be any way* for the USA to let Texas secede? Even if there was a referendum and the people of Texas voted to secede?

Or is it that the USA would not allow such a vote to take place in the first place?

There's a problem there, Texans don't want to secede and it'd be ASB for them to want to

Status
Not open for further replies.